cheats in a new game

Sygness

Just thought I'd share a discovery I've made which enables you to use cheats in a game save that doesn't have them unlocked yet, for those of you still playing this game. It's not a quick and easy way to blast through the game, but it can help you out for a second playthrough.

Here's how it works:

• You need to have a save where the cheat codes have been unlocked normally. (Sorry, no shortcuts there.)
  • Load this save, then pick Replay level, and start any level to replay.
  • At the start of this level, enable the cheats you want. (I'm certain this works for the 'one hit kill' cheat, but others might work as well.)
  • Exit the level by pressing back (maybe you need to end the cutscene first), then load your incomplete game in which you want to use the cheat.
  • This game should now have this cheat enabled. You don't have to re-enter the button combination.

Notes:

• If you continue to a next level on this save, the cheat becomes inactive, but re-entering the combo for it will enable it again (but without you hearing the sound you normally get when you enter it correctly).
  • If you shut down the game entirely you'll have to go through this sequence again.
  • I've had trouble getting this to work on a save at the start of a level. So if you have the same problem just go through the level to the second checkpoint, save, and follow the above steps.

I've found this particularly helpful since I've completed the game on Explorer difficulty first, and am now able to use my one hit kill cheat, (and in theory others as well) for helping me beat the game on Tomb Raider difficulty.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Awesome, when I originally played this game, I played on adventure difficulty and then never went back to the game after I completed. I've just started it again to do get rest of the achievements done, so after just finishing time trials this is great find and will help me complete it quickly.