Load Times >:-(

AcemanR1

Anybody else find that in the Challenges, it takes a good 30 seconds when restarting the event? I'm not an impatient person but when you're in the zone trying to beat a time, the last thing you want is a little mini-break. Just get me back in. Or at least give me a slideshow of cars or women or both to admire while I wait. I even installed the game on my slim to see if it would speed things up. No dice. Meh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah this games load tmes are through ther roof ridiculous. Almost seems like patches are needed to fix it, or, it might be the frostbite 2 engine, IMO. Load time between challenges and car colors are way to long. What really pisses me off though is when you crash and the RESET screen pops up flashing.... there is no way to start it on your own and it may take 3 seconds or 20 seconds ! What the hell is that? Online load times are way to long as well. Terrible terrible game design on this point.

I'm currently playing through stage 10 on extreme. The resets are taking around 10 seconds but if I restart the stage I'm looking at a loading screen for 40+ seconds (I've actually sat and timed it on a stopwatch) so no way has this been solved.

40 seconds to reload something that was already loaded in the first place seems completely unacceptable to me.

Put this together with the cheating AI drivers and the way the game has cheated me in general today and I'm close to giving up on this game.

• 1 month later...
I'm not a fan of the overly long loading times for online races. Not only that, but sometimes they can take minutes and sometimes only 20 seconds or so. What is there to make it so different from race to race?

For online its going to be internet connections. I forget if this is P2P or server based but either way it requires everyone in the lobby to be loaded up etc which will cause a variance.

I'm currently playing through stage 10 on extreme. The resets are taking around 10 seconds but if I restart the stage I'm looking at a loading screen for 40+ seconds (I've actually sat and timed it on a stopwatch) so no way has this been solved.

40 seconds to reload something that was already loaded in the first place seems completely unacceptable to me.

Aye, def not been solved, though if you want crazy loadtimes on a level thats been loaded already try deus ex: HR, even installed the load times on that are nuts. I don't see why they have to fully clear the cache of a loaded level and reload the whole thing, other games do it fine...

Edited by Killerchronic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah the load times during the challenges are ridiculous. From the point where I want to restart the race to the point it actually starts takes around 45 seconds. In a game where races can take as little as 2 minutes, and a mistake can happen any second, 45 seconds to restart is insane.