Smuggler Mission Help

I am stuck on the first side mission for the smugglers where you have to steal back the goods without killing anyone in the bayou. I cannot seem to take anything without being spotted, at which point all is lost. You cannot use your fists either which is a pain. If anyone could enlighten me on a strategy I would greatly appreciate it.

Note: this is the independent side mission, not the smugglers that take place as part of the main quest.

Are you sure it's a smuggler mission? Those usually make you find an encampment and kill the all of the enemies before you can loot their chest. I can help you more if you could tell me the name of the mission.

Also side missions don't count towards the 100% sync achievements so any mission constraints on those don't matter unless you are going for full completion. Let me know more so I can help you better.

That is crazy. The smuggler missions are all about killing everyone at the location then looting the chest. I didn't have a problem completing any of those quests, I hope this isna bug. You could try using berserk darts or smoke bombs to try to avoid killing people. Let me know if this helps. I will see if I can find anything on this for you.

i fucked up the first one... instead of spotting i also looted the chest (i know im greedy) but now 3 area's are enemies to kill but no chest to loot.

the bug is that it keeps respawning enemies but no chest and the mission says loot the chest.

got an idea for that?

Maybe if you go back to the dashboard and reboot the game the chests will respawn.

Whats silly about that first smuggler mission is that hes sending you out there to map their location to then come back and kill them anyways. If it wasn't already a pointless mission you don't even get their places marked on your map(unless mine bugged out).

I don't get it either myself. They do show up on the map but only when you are close to them which further defeats the purpose of finding the locations in the first mission. You should see the locations on you map no matter where you are in the zone.

mine glitched out too as first mission 'visit' I was like "oh i'll smoke bomb them" so did that and it went weird and I was completely un-noticed, no one on alert, they just stood there. So, I just opened the chest and ran off. So, then just walked somewhere near the other two camps and they were counted as 'found' so all was good and I just laughed about the Smoke Bomb confusing everyone.

Then went back to the guy and he's like "oh, yeah, just go back and kill them!"

so went back to do that but cos I've already looted that first chest the guys just keep respawning ( like the guy mentioned earlier ) and it said to Loot The Chest but I couldn't. I could everywhere else cos I hadn't opened those, but that first one...meh.

so I stopped caring.

mainly because you don't get an achievement for it, just a Gun,

and i'll never be playing the game again since I have all the achievements...so....POINTLESS mission.

Edited by MADCV

I looted the chests as well on the first mission so now I can't complete it either. If you ask me it's a bit of dumb move on the developers part to spawn the chests before the actual mission where you're required to loot them. Just glad that these smuggler missions don't count towards a 100% game completion achievement 'cause i'd be mighty pissed otherwise having to face another complete play through of the game.

So, I got the first mission straight, just recon. I also got all nine smuggler camps and the crew missions, I don't get the secret stash activating, it doesn't show on the map, if I go where it should be there's nothing... what the hell am I supposed to do to get it?

Ah, by the way, when I got the last Smuggler camp it unlocked 100% synch achievement, it's just the last chest not unlocking (and it says in my stats that I unlocked 83% of chests, 99% dressing rooms and 98% map).

Edited by Katarn84