Fucking gold medals.

DROGTURIST

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Your tips of using a ranged character is what was missing! I have no idea why, but I'm just making several thousand less per stage using Hero even though I'm all up in the enemies face and grabbing every single coin that drops. This time, I used Reaver and three other ranged characters and I got 5000 over the gold limit without even trying.

It's so weird... Getting the 6X going with Reaver took almost twice as long as getting it with Hero, but I'm still finishing level 1 with much more money than I got with Hero. That doesn't make any sense! I'd have 6X by the first bunch of hobbes with Hero, with Reaver it took several mobs longer before I had it, but yeah, I still got the gold with ease. I could even tell from just the coins on the level; it was visibly much more than what would drop when I used Hero. Oh well, I guess I'll just use Reaver now!

Yep, standing back with Garth and killing everything, then going for the gold and not caring if half of it fades away, seems to be the method. I figured out why that doesn't work with a melee character; they can't really instakill! Your AI guys get a few hits in and that confuses the game as to which character's money buff should be active for the kill. Wrecking everything with Garth means more money drops and it means less if you miss a few.

Also, know what's incredibly annoying? Having a guaranteed gold but losing it because one of your AI buddies refused to enter that little circle thing that takes you to the minigame or the boss. I even tried physically pushing his stupid ass into the circle but he just would not go there until my multiplier had dropped to 2x. It's easier to pull the golds off now, but this is still an annoying and stupid achievement!

I have now done all gold medals in albion and have not done any dark yet except the credits.

I found personally that having +1 multiplier and the gold coming to me automatically is by fast the best combination, anything else is just a bonus and is not necessary. Having invis or not losing multiplier will help if you do get hit but if you use garth you prob wont get touched.

Also def go for the boss route every time as your not guaranteed to win the races and only get 5000 gold max not sure if thats more on dark albion

Minigames are 10,000 in Dark Albion and on some levels, the boss doesn't give shit for gold. I can't get gold on Hobbe Caves right now because the boss yields like 1000 coins.

But there's a new problem. I just scored 150,000 on the dark The Cloud, which is 60,000 above the requirement, and I'm looking at a shiny, stupid, shitty silver medal. Fuck this game.

Minigames are 10,000 in Dark Albion and on some levels, the boss doesn't give shit for gold. I can't get gold on Hobbe Caves right now because the boss yields like 1000 coins.

But there's a new problem. I just scored 150,000 on the dark The Cloud, which is 60,000 above the requirement, and I'm looking at a shiny, stupid, shitty silver medal. Fuck this game.

I've come across the same problem. I'm not impressed.

I have it on every dark level I've completed.

It better be because the gold texture they used is pretty faint and the darkness is obscuring it. Otherwise I'm going to burn this game onto a disc just so I can snap it in half.

All I have left for all gold medals are The Cloud, Dark Mistpeak, The Dark Cloud, Dark Hobbe Caves, and Dark Aurora. I haven't gotten around to the three that are available, but they should be just as simple as the rest. Can't wait for The Cloud/The Dark Cloud to unlock again.

EDIT: Just The Cloud and The Dark Cloud remain!

Edited by xhunterrrr

I found a very sweet little tip for this achievement... Not sure if it's obvious and everyone already knows about it, but what I found out was that if you restart or quit level, you keep your Inner Board perks. They only go away when you finish a level and see your characters standing on the prize podium thing.

This means you can do some nice little things:

- Start over on the same level if you were just a few hundred coins short of the gold.

- Leave and play another level if you find that the level you're playing is too easy with the perks you have (so you can use the perks on a level tha tactually needs them).

- "Scout" levels to see how hard they are with various perks from Inner Board, without wasting the time. If you don't gold the level you're "scouting," just quit and do one you think you can do with the perks you have.

all my dark albion medals look silver to me but still i've got the achievement
Good to know that they just fucked up the colors!

I think maybe that the game might have like hidden platinum medals or something. I got 98k on one of the Dark Albion levels (not sure which, but the requirement for gold was 70k), and the medal is silver in colour, but when I look at a level I got silver in, the actual silver medal looks tattered whereas the other looks in pristine condition.

Just a thought..

I think maybe that the game might have like hidden platinum medals or something. I got 98k on one of the Dark Albion levels (not sure which, but the requirement for gold was 70k), and the medal is silver in colour, but when I look at a level I got silver in, the actual silver medal looks tattered whereas the other looks in pristine condition.

Just a thought..

I highly doubt it. I only have gold on all the non-dark levels despite being waaaaaaay over the gold requirement.

I've working on the best route to take on the Cloud Light level for maximum points and I feel this is it below. It'll take you down the routes which will either have loads of tiny enemies for quick kills or normal sized but strong, so you can keep that multiplier up and get the bonus more as they take more hits.

Also make sure you have the necessary perks. I'll work on the Dark version soon.

Start > Left > Left > Right > Right > Right > Right > Centre

Here's what you'll encounter and what else you can do;

Start: 3 Gold Flowers

Left: Fences, 2 Gold Flowers, Chest, 2x Tiny Balverines Waves and Barrels

Left: 2x Hollow Hobbes Waves, Barrels and Chest

Right: 2x Hobbes Waves, Presents and Chest

Right: Chest, 2x Tiny Guardians Waves and Barrels

Right: Gold Flower., Chest, 2x Tiny Mechs Waves, 1x Mech Wave, 1x Large Mech Wave and Crates

Right: 1x Guardians Wave, Vases Chest and Gold Flower

Centre: Gold Flower, Infinite Chests and Final Fight.

Is there anyway to reset individual characters? Most of mine are upgraded and too powerful to do co op with, they just destroy stuff too fast :/

You can only reset all characters. Word of warning, resetting characters causes unlocked characters to lock again.

I've working on the best route to take on the Cloud Light level for maximum points and I feel this is it below. It'll take you down the routes which will either have loads of tiny enemies for quick kills or normal sized but strong, so you can keep that multiplier up and get the bonus more as they take more hits.

Also make sure you have the necessary perks. I'll work on the Dark version soon.

Start > Left > Left > Right > Right > Right > Right > Centre

Here's what you'll encounter and what else you can do;

Start: 3 Gold Flowers

Left: Fences, 2 Gold Flowers, Chest, 2x Tiny Balverines Waves and Barrels

Left: 2x Hollow Hobbes Waves, Barrels and Chest

Right: 2x Hobbes Waves, Presents and Chest

Right: Chest, 2x Tiny Guardians Waves and Barrels

Right: Gold Flower., Chest, 2x Tiny Mechs Waves, 1x Mech Wave, 1x Large Mech Wave and Crates

Right: 1x Guardians Wave, Vases Chest and Gold Flower

Centre: Gold Flower, Infinite Chests and Final Fight.

Honestly, the gold flowers aren't worth it.

Also, I went right the entire way and made it with plenty of gold.

Edited by xhunterrrr
Missed a word.

You can only reset all characters. Word of warning, resetting characters causes unlocked characters to lock again.

Also, I went the entire way and made it with plenty of gold.

It's definitely worth it if your AI partners are powered up a bit and you don't have the x6 perk. I was just getting 5K over without it and that was with me grabbing all the little things along the ways.

So it's well worth taking those routes to gain maximum bonus and coins and not having to start over again. Some people maybe luck with another route but the one I feel I've put up above is pretty solid.

I feel like anything besides enemies is worth ignoring. I rarely smashed barrells and never opened chests (in case they gave me a Hobbe disguise or some shit) when I got my golds.