Demolition Man Boosting Guide!

Okay, did this today with some people and have some advice. Here's how we did it. Credit also goes out to spyxu02, RESIDENTNEMES1S, CourseOfAction, Latuszek, RobbiWanKenobi, SigmaCloud, and Styx027 for helping develop this method:

STEP 1: You need TWO people that have access to Squad Rush mode. Each one will be the leader of a separate squad. Get 8 people in a party (4 for each team of course) and have the Squad Rush leaders invite you in, 3 go to one leader 3 to the other.

STEP 2: Both Squad leaders set the match to Squad Rush/Atacama Desert/Hardcore Mode: YES. Hit Find Match at the same time. Atacama has the most houses out of Squad Rush maps, if you don't get it find houses or just arm objectives quickly to move to the next level.

STEP 3: The attackers should immediately blow up objective "A" in Atacama to open up the whole map to everybody.

STEP 4: Find houses on one side, the Defenders have infinite lives so they are the ones that die. Attackers stay out of the way. One attacker (who is Assault with a shotgun so they can resupply themselves with C4) rigs up the building with C4 backs away, makes sure all the Defenders are in the area ready to run into the building.

STEP 5: Attacker counts down and blows up building, Defenders run in quickly. You will know it is working if you hear the metal groan and the building is rumbling. Run right after the C4 is triggered, don't wait for the noise. After that repeat the process. Rotating turns to the next attacker if there are buildings left in the round, or let a Defender get a couple if he only needs 4 kills or so. If it's a 2 floor building see the tips below for advice.

TIPS:

-If it is a 2 floor building, rig both the first floor and the second, with the Defenders standing on the roof. On the second floor throw down C4 on the floor in the corners, this is important because you don't want accidental C4 kills. All defenders huddle in the middle on the top of the roof.

-Arm yourself with a tracer gun, so you can kill time by planting tracer darts on enemies, this also counts towards your Tracer Dart insignia and nets you experience. Carry more explosives is also handy so you don't have to resupply so much if setting C4, explosive damage doesn't make much difference.

-Defenders DO NOT supply the attackers with ammo, if the C4 rigger picks up your enemy ammo, when you die in the building it will count as a suicide because he technically used your C4 since he picked up your ammo and he won't get credit for the Destruction.

-Be polite and stick around, this took about 2 hours give or take to get for all 8 people, the achievement unlocks somewhere around 16 kills most of the time so you don't even need the full 20.

-If a building is one of those green trailers it doesn't count. Houses and concrete buildings will count.

-Playing later in the night increases the chances that you will get in the same server but this worked well for us.

EDIT: -New tip from RobbiWanKenobi: One other note to make it go faster: If you're Assault with the ammo vest (can plant 5 C4's to a building at a time), the small shack-like buildings go down in one try. The bigger two story buildings tend to go down in 2 tries. To make it go faster, the team standing around can prep the 2 story buildings ONCE with C4 (5), so the attacking side only has to lay down C4 once.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Skwidman

there is a much easier way of getting this achievement in the campaign. takes like 2 minutes. just load up the "heavy metal" mission and blow up all the buildings once u control the uav. I believe the achievement guide explains this method if u need more info on it.

there is a much easier way of getting this achievement in the campaign. takes like 2 minutes. just load up the "heavy metal" mission and blow up all the buildings once u control the uav. I believe the achievement guide explains this method if u need more info on it.

this thread isnt for that achievement, thats demolish 50 buildings. This one is 20 demolish kills.

I just figured out a way to track your demolition kills!!! woooooooo

Just use the 'stats-o-matic' sig creator, on the site it has an acheivment tracker that gives you the amount of demo kills you have :) only 9 more for me :D

Ive been doing that but now when i go to the site i get "problem loading page" just keeps doing that.

I just figured out a way to track your demolition kills!!! woooooooo

Just use the 'stats-o-matic' sig creator, on the site it has an acheivment tracker that gives you the amount of demo kills you have :) only 9 more for me :D

you could also go to all kits and choose gadgets

spyxu02, RESIDENTNEMES1S, CourseOfAction, Latuszek, RobbiWanKenobi, SigmaCloud, and Styx027 thank you so much for this method helped a lot when i did it with a group of people y'day :Bounce:

thumbs up from me as well. Getting 2 people with Squad Rush is the key, as that gametype is not all that common.

But most of all, like in so many boosting circumstances, it's about being polite and considerate and having a good time. Everyone gets their achievements and the hours spent don't seem like pulling teeth.

Thanks again guys!

thumbs up from me as well. Getting 2 people with Squad Rush is the key, as that gametype is not all that common.

But most of all, like in so many boosting circumstances, it's about being polite and considerate and having a good time. Everyone gets their achievements and the hours spent don't seem like pulling teeth.

Thanks again guys!

Big thanks to everyone in the party last night. It went pretty quick and like spxyu02 said, it helps when you have a good group together. Once we got going it went by in under 2 hours for 8 of us, 9 if you count swapping in Kzone.

Great post Skwidman! Last night worked out great and you did a good job summarizing the best way to go about it.

One other note to make it go faster: If you're Assault with the ammo vest (can plant 5 C4's to a building at a time), the small shack-like buildings go down in one try. The bigger two story buildings tend to go down in 2 trys. To make it go faster, the team standing around can prep the 2 story buildings ONCE with C4 (5), so the attacking side only has to lay down C4 once.

RobbiWanKenobi

I am not anti boosting but guys this achievement is so easy to get legit. I went out of my way to get the first 20 but have since got another 15 just playing the game. Learn what buildings can fall. And sure people often do not go into buildings now but I mortar strike the obj buildings that do fall and have got 15 extra kills.

On the conquest map in the snow you can also go up to some buildings and chuck your mine. If people are in the building then C4 it or mortar strike.

Also hide in some attics having C4'd the floor and when people come up blow the building. You will suicide but the enemy kills you get in the process do count. I know because my 20th kill was a double C4 kill, 1 demolition kill and a suicide.

I don't have squad rush, but I'd be willing to try it in a private match (achievement doesn't say it can't be private).

Me (bob101910 RFP) and xTruthxbxtoldx will be online tonight to help out. I'll stay for an hour or 2 to help the people that need it. Hopefully it won't take that long though.

Has anyone tested this? can it be done in a private match?

The 15 I have got recently have been mortar striking the first obj A and both second objs on the map from the demo.

And the first obj A and the second obj B on the desert map. With the second set of objs on this map there are often people in the last building on the right but usually on the roof and often a random building near the objs. Sometimes your mortars will kill them but sometimes destructions kills will happen.

A few Nelson Bay objs have destructible buildings too.

Sorry I am cr$p with map names.

Ha, that's pretty much the exact same method we used a week ago to get it. Glad to see you guys had the same idea.

Addendum, however: You don't have to just do Atacama, Port Valdez has a few buildings you can destroy. No other map does. Thus, if you're in a group, and the next map isn't either Atacama Desert or Port Valdez, skip through it as fast as you can.

Ha, that's pretty much the exact same method we used a week ago to get it. Glad to see you guys had the same idea.

Addendum, however: You don't have to just do Atacama, Port Valdez has a few buildings you can destroy. No other map does. Thus, if you're in a group, and the next map isn't either Atacama Desert or Port Valdez, skip through it as fast as you can.

I think Port Valdez is the map from the demo so sounds like exact same method. Also the snow conquest map has a few.

I am not anti boosting but guys this achievement is so easy to get legit. I went out of my way to get the first 20 but have since got another 15 just playing the game. Learn what buildings can fall. And sure people often do not go into buildings now but I mortar strike the obj buildings that do fall and have got 15 extra kills.

On the conquest map in the snow you can also go up to some buildings and chuck your mine. If people are in the building then C4 it or mortar strike.

Also hide in some attics having C4'd the floor and when people come up blow the building. You will suicide but the enemy kills you get in the process do count. I know because my 20th kill was a double C4 kill, 1 demolition kill and a suicide.

These are definitely good tips to get it legit. If you are really trying to get it legit, like you said, it isn't quite as hard as it appears, not to mention it's very satisfying to get legit demo kills. I would recommend people try it legit first and give it a couple tries to get down a method that works for yourself.

That said, some people just wanted to get it quickly (like me I wanted to get my 1000GS done). I don't boost too often, usually only if I have one achievement left I'm having trouble with, but when I do boost I tend to run into cool and friendly people that are good to have on your list for trying to build a squad for a match or jump into a game with some people you know are worth playing with. Our boosting tips aren't THE way to get the achievement, but it was a fun and efficient way. I'm sure many people will come across the same method I just wanted to save some people the time or give them a place to start. Lots of funny stuff happens during demo boosting, by the way. :p

Not to get all philosophical but I think one of the best things about achievements is that it makes communities (whether through boosting, forums, whatever) of gamers whether long term or very temporary that actually want to help each other and enjoy talking about the game. Of course there are downsides, but it's mostly been a positive experience for me rolling with x360a.org forum people. It's cool seeing people work out guides for games in the forums, ok, done being rambly and sidetracked now!

Another thing to mention is that I'm a fan of boosting for this achievement specifically because one of the best ways to get it legitimately is if you are a defender destroying your own team's objectives, which is annoying for everybody else, I've been in those matches. I understand they're trying to get the achievement but it's really annoying for people who don't care about achievements in those matches. I don't think it would be as bad if it was only 5 or 10 destruction 2.0 kills and people weren't so panicky about getting the achievement, that's on DICE.

Doing it legit as an attacker is pretty kickass though, I approve.

I don't have squad rush, but I'd be willing to try it in a private match (achievement doesn't say it can't be private).

Me (bob101910 RFP) and xTruthxbxtoldx will be online tonight to help out. I'll stay for an hour or 2 to help the people that need it. Hopefully it won't take that long though.

Doesn't work in a private match. It's easy to boost but not THAT easy. And people do yourself a favor don't bother trying to get this on Shuad Deathmatch or regular Rush, you can ask Keweico, we spent over 3 hours and got like 6 maybe 7 demolition 2.0 kills in total.

Well I reached level 16 after about 30 hours of playing time and seven (7) of these “2.0 KILLS” came naturally. However while I was away this weekend a buddy had to boost it on his own and then sent me a text stating…ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. So when I returned Sunday night I kept hitting up Nelson Bay on Rush and whenever I was a Defender I would case both of the first B locations and load up as ASSAULT class with a shotgun…that way I could do C4 with extra C4 and use extra explosive, plus you get ammo boxes. Anyway, After about a dozen attempts I am done with this achievement. Now I can play this awesome online game without distraction. And if I started the level as Attacker I would attack the first two B’s with Mortar strike.

Finally! Just got it legit. I kept going around on White Pass/Conquest with the Assault class looking for people on the upper floors of the buildings and then if I found them I would run back downstairs and blow the shit out of the building. Usually did 4 C4's on each corner, 1 on anyplace there were big gaps or stairs and then the final one I would place on the ceiling on the opposite side the guy above is on. This helps alot in making sure the building comes down. Also make sure the C4's are all placed low as possible on the walls so they don't kill the person above, preferably you want the guy on the 3rd floor if possible obviously.

Looks like we've got 8 for tonight. I added Guycarb because he was the one the sent me a FR and added himself to the list like instructed. Im sure were could have a spare or two in the event of a no show or if someone pulls the lame act of getting the chiev and splitin.

Thanks for the great guide and to everyone that showed up tonight. I think we had 8 that got it and 2 more that are real close. We even got a few knife chieves and some RPG Heli kills outta the way...

Thanks again !!!!