Road Map

Vitiate

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10

- Offline 58 (1250 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

- Online 0

- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 100-125 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Are there any achievements that can be missed? No

- Glitched achievements? No

- Does difficulty effect achievements? No

Introduction

Welcome to The Godfather, the game based on the amazing movie by the same name. You'll first be starting the story mode and completing it, then finishing everything else you need to do in the free mode that kicks in right after the game ends. The game itself isn't all that difficult as long as you dont run and gun, the rest is repetetive leveling up and collecting. The Corleone Challenge DLC is the hardest part of the game, and most of them aren't that hard anyway. Good luck!

Step 1: Story Mode

First time you start a game, it'll put you right into the story mode. Go to the blue circle missions every time one appears and do that objective and eventually you'll complete the story mode. As you're going through the story, perform all of the excutions for Executioner, as it's much harder after the stories over. There is a great list in our forums of all the executions. Just by going through the story it's very doubtful you'll have over 200:gsicon:.

Step 2: Become Don of NYC

The most time consuming part of the game. You have to drive around and take over all of the opposing families businesses, rackets, warehouses, drug rings, compounds, fronts, and transport hubs. Crack the safes in all of these buildings as you take them over as well. If you get into a mob war, which is likely if you take a few warehouses or hubs, bomb one of that families businesses' for Demolitions Expert. Also buy all the level 3 upgrades for Arms Dealer, and to make life easier. At one point, hire a crew member for Bodyguard. In the buildings that hold the prize fights, complete all of them as well for Heavyweight Champ. After you take everything over, you get the repsective achievements and Don of NYC. After becoming the Don of NYC, complete all the favors and hits for Contract Killer and Service Provider.

Step 3: Reaching Level 50

Another very time consuming task. The first thing I suggest you do is pay off a police chief for Negotiator. Then drive around and buy any safehouses you don't have yet for Real Estate Mogul. Doing that will make robbing the banks easier, so rob them all for Bank Robber. Now while you wait for the banks to re-open, collect all the film reels for Debt Collector, a truly annoying collectible achievement. Then rob the banks again for another 48,000 Respect. Now start hijacking racket trucks for Respect, and you'll get more than 10 easily before the banks re-open. Keep up the process of bank robbing and truck jacking until you reach level 50, and Public Enemy Number One.

Step 4: The Corleone Challenges

Now for the Corleone Challenges. You can do them in any order you want, and being a level 50 they're all fairly easy with the exceptions of CC Heist and CC Monopoly. There are great strategies in our achievement guide here for both of these, and the biggest factor in CC Heist is that if you die before you can drop the money off, just restart, odds are the time will be up before the bank reopens.

Conclusion

Congratulations, 1250/1250:gsicon: for one of the most repsectable 100%'s on the 360. It takes a fair amount of time, but being a great game it really doesn't feel like a grinding, dragging game. Definetly a personal favorite of mine, and I hope this road map helped you.

Edited by Vitiate

• 3 weeks later...
Well someone follow his map and tell us how much time it took? I would like to know myself

i have beaten this game 3 times.

twice when it came out on another account and this time.

its a fairly simple game besides for compounds/warehouses.

just focus on missions and stuff.

i looked at my new file

i have about 49 hours logged in without doing the corleone challenges and about half way of level 49 but i heard that was a drag

def not an extra 51 hours though.

great guide though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well someone follow his map and tell us how much time it took? I would like to know myself

Depending on how high your respect is when you start taking over businesses/rackets, as that makes it easier, you're looking at no more than 40 hours. I'm at 44 right now with maybe an hour left til level 50, but I also let it sit with my 360 on for 10 hours by accident and game time includes pause menu. In short, even if you are the worst player ever, it shouldn't take you anyway near 100 hours.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...