Very Difficult Game

HaloTitan

I haven't played a game this difficult in a long time. I died so many times and it got frustrating but I am very happy about it. I enjoy a game that isn't a push over because you beat a hard game there is a sense of accomplishment that no achievement can give. Did anyone else have a hard time? I was playing on hard by the way, so I'm sure it gets even harder!

I agree. I was hoping for something more, since so many were talking about it, so I got it and after a week or so, I sold it. I liked the first one on my PC, tried the second but just like this one, I didn't care for it either. Even with better graphics, that didn't make me like this one more.

I agree. I was hoping for something more, since so many were talking about it, so I got it and after a week or so, I sold it. I liked the first one on my PC, tried the second but just like this one, I didn't care for it either. Even with better graphics, that didn't make me like this one more.

Well I do agree that the story just wasn't that engaging and, at times, rather boring. But I was impressed with the gameplay and difficulty because so many games just give in to simplicity so everyone can have fun. It was also nice to see how broken Max really is after so much tragedy. The first game will always be a favorite, but I can't write this one off because it too is a great game.

I disagree with you both. I really liked the story and I found it rather enjoying. I definitely agree on the difficulty though. I wasn't expecting this game to be as difficult as it was. I was playing on medium first and I died a lot. I died even more on hard. Now that I am currently trying to do my playthrough on old school, I am dying, but now I have developed strategies so I die less often.

I played through half the game on hard before I realized that it wasn't a challenge, just wasted time and luck that got me that far. With bombs going off, enemies flanking from both sides, no recharging of bullet time, very few painkillers..

So, I decided to either a) play frisbee with the discs or b) start again on medium which allows soft lock as well. In my opinion this should have been "hard" mode as it was still challenging, but not absurdly frustrating. I have a friend who stopped playing Xbox after 2 days of playing that game, hasn't played Xbox since (is a big Rockstar/Gta fan)..

yeah guys, unless you feel masochistic, medium is hard enough. Of course if you have the time to play hundreds of times and try your luck you could go with the harder difficulties.

Gotta say multIplayer grew on me a lot..

Edited by jangs
Sp

I disagree with you both. I really liked the story and I found it rather enjoying. I definitely agree on the difficulty though. I wasn't expecting this game to be as difficult as it was. I was playing on medium first and I died a lot. I died even more on hard. Now that I am currently trying to do my playthrough on old school, I am dying, but now I have developed strategies so I die less often.

IMO the game was only hard until you figure out how to play it. Hard gave me trouble then Old School and Hardcore were a cake walk. I also enjoyed the story.

I agree with the above. I found the story pretty good just like most Rockstar games. This game is harder then most but like littlejay said, once you figure out a few tricks it makes it easier.

Agreed...frustratingly hard at points. This is the first game in a long time where I've just had no desire to try and get all the cheevs. I just don't feel like running through it three times as difficult as it is...and there are so many other good games out there right now. Decent game...story was OK, gameplay was good, and graphics were very impressive. I just got left with that "blah" taste in my mouth at the end.

A definite challenge on Medium in the beginning til i got the hang of it, a lot of areas where you don't have much to survive, i missed some collectables ill do chapter select before taking on Hard , all in all a great game as it's my first Max Payne.....

I thought the story was brilliant and was the next logical step in Max's life. As for difficulty, I too found it to be very difficult at first since I began on Hard. Old School was a cake walk and then I glitched HC since I very much dislike the concept of dying instantly (so to speak). Still haven't done NYM or NYMHC and probably won't since I despise time limits.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story quite a bit. But there was a lot of it, especially at the beginning, that felt repetitive. Max is out guarding people in a public place, he drinks, bitches get shot up. During the first couple of levels I couldn't help but wonder if it was going to be a repeating pattern. Fortunately it did get better. I enjoyed the original so much that no matter how good any other Max Payne game is, I just don't think it can compare and that's just my opinion. To those of you who found Hard to be a sinch, good for you, I struggled like hell. So much so that I've opted out of NYM, NYMHC, Old School, and Very hard.

I'm a huge Max Payne fan and I was pretty much afraid that this game won't be as good as the previous two! Thankfully it was! I can't stop playing it, the story is great, the graphics are amazing, and the difficulty levels are good as well! This game is definitely in my Top 3 this year!

I'm a huge Max Payne fan and I was pretty much afraid that this game won't be as good as the previous two! Thankfully it was! I can't stop playing it, the story is great, the graphics are amazing, and the difficulty levels are good as well! This game is definitely in my Top 3 this year!

Same here. Completed it on Hard, which i found difficult enough, and now moved straight to Old School which seems a breeze. By far my favourite game this year. Story was excellent, brutal and extremely well written having just the right amount of wit and sarcasm only Max could deliver.

If GTA V looks and feels anything remotely similar to this, i think we're in for a treat.

I thought Max Payne 2 was one of the greatest video gamer ever made after RE:2.

The tragedy and noir feeling and narration was amazing.

But as far as Max Payne 3 goes, I am in no way a casual gamer, grew up on brutal PC games etc, but this game has kicked my ass so many times now. Gonna leave it a while before coming back.

Turns out Old School isn't as difficult as Hard. Getting through it a lot easier than expected. Wondering how Hardcore is going to compare? Easy 80G.

Yeah I noticed that too. I think old school isn't difficult you just need to pay attention to your health. I played it on medium and hard before old school which really helps because then you know the levels and are used to the gameplay.