DLC Difficulty achievements does not require 4 playthroughs

I dont know if this has been posted yet, excuse me if it has.

The achievement guide for the Jedi Temple missions says for the four difficulty achievements require 4 separate playthroughs. I have found that you do have to play through the entire level to unlock the achievement. You only have to beat the boss on the desired difficulty. I played the normal level on apprentice and kicked everyones ass. Right at the very start of the boss battle i changed the difficulty to the desired one, kill the boss and achievement unlocked. To get the next achievement you have to quit the game before it saves so that when you reload it reloads at the start of the boss fight. Then at that point you change the difficulty to the desired one. It saves a lot of time.

The achievement guide for the Jedi Temple missions says for the four difficulty achievements require 4 separate playthroughs. I have found that you do have to play through the entire level to unlock the achievement. You only have to beat the boss on the desired difficulty. I played the normal level on apprentice and kicked everyones ass. Right at the very start of the boss battle i changed the difficulty to the desired one, kill the boss and achievement unlocked. To get the next achievement you have to quit the game before it saves so that when you reload it reloads at the start of the boss fight. Then at that point you change the difficulty to the desired one. It saves a lot of time.

Damn! I'm working the the Jedi Temple achievements and I'm on my third playthrough. The level isn't long but I'm surprised this hasn't been discusses earlier. Everywhere I've read people have said it takes 4 playthroughs. I will definitely give this a try after I beat the boss on Sith Lord and then just reload it for Sith Master.

EDIT: It works. Thank you for the tip!

Edited by gatorbait

Damn! I'm working the the Jedi Temple achievements and I'm on my third playthrough. The level isn't long but I'm surprised this hasn't been discusses earlier. Everywhere I've read people have said it takes 4 playthroughs. I will definitely give this a try after I beat the boss on Sith Lord and then just reload it for Sith Master.

EDIT: It works. Thank you for the tip!

no worries. This should be changed on the achievement guide for this game. Always happy to help

Now this might seem like a stupid question, but do i just run thru every level to all the different bosses and then change the difficulties or just for the Lord Sith?

Thanks for the tip - works like a charm, however I thought I'd point out that you can change the difficulty just before the end of the boss fight as well.

Hmmm, seems I spoke too soon.

This did not work for me. I tried both Normal and Hard and on both wins the second and third achievement did not unlock :(.

I played it through on Apprentice, got to boss fight, beat it, unlocked Apprentice Achieve, quit before the save and reloaded. I was right in front of the boss. Hit Start, selected the next difficulty level, beat him... nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit: Ahhh correction! After reading over the DLC Achievement thread, I found my issue; I was not changing the difficulty and saving in the win that I got the achievement on. This also made it so I only had to fight the last stage of the boss fight! So for me, beating the boss on Normal got that achievement, then directly after getting it, I paused the game, switched the difficulty to Sith Lord, Saved, Reloaded, and was on the third stage of the fight on the new setting. Beating it this time gave me the achievement! Finishing up Sith Master then on to round four of that damn blue orb thing -.-

Edited by Cohh
Correction!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand this...

I just played through the DLC on Apprentice (before I realised there was some sort of glitch to avoid 4 playthroughs) and then replayed it on Apprentice up to the beginning of the boss fight. I then changed it to Sith Warrior and beat the boss... but no achievement.

What am I doing wrong? At what point am I supposed to change the difficulty setting?

Awesome dude! I need to rent this game again and get the DLC anyways, so this is definitely good to know.

Although, it may make it not worth the money to be so short and easy to get the achieves...kinda like the Prince of Persia Epilogue. That was lamely short.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet dude, I'm gonna hit this up the now and try it. Then all I'll have left is whole game on Sith Master and 500 lightning shield kills.... neither of which I actually think I'll get.

Edit: Didn't work for me. Restarted in the last bit of the bridge trial and didn't get the achievement. I'll just do it on the proper difficulty. Cheers anyway.

Edited by macd

• 2 weeks later...

worked nicely... just remember to quit the game as the achievement unlocks, then chose continue game

and change the difficulty as soon as the battle starts. i tried changing it right before i finish off the sith lord, but that didn't work

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, this saved ALOT of time, i really didnt like this DLC to much so im glad tht some1 found this way i dunno if i would have actually played it 4 times bc i found it a little boring, but thanks to u i cleared all four difficultys in 22 minutes :woop:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At first it didnt work for me when I tried the method but after some couple of trys on Sith Warrior I decided what the hell I just let it role and see the ending and it popped up and I quickly paused changed to the next difficulty and saved and started over the boss fight.

I know what I did wrong the first times I tryed, it was that I pressed start to fast that becoz i was afraid of that it would autosave and had to play over again actually the achievement will pop up like 4-5 secoonds when starkiller rises his arm at the time it goes white screen

Edited by B0Zz3

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this tip I just completed it. :woop:

I tried changing the difficulty on part 3 of the battle but it didn't unlock for Sith Master. Went through the entire battle again on Sith Master difficulty and it then unlocked.

The final bit took me about ten tries until I noticed I hadn't put any power crystals in my lightsaber. :rolleyes: Put the energy leeching one in and completed it on my next attempt.

Tested and Works:

Save just at beginning of the boss, kill it in Apprentice, just after the achieve pop, turn of my console, then load game, turn difficulty on Sith Warrior, Save Game, exit to main menu, load game again (look again the difficulty, and is on Sith Warrior) kill it again and Padawan Achieve pop up, so it's works :D

• 1 month later...
Tested and Works:

Save just at beginning of the boss, kill it in Apprentice, just after the achieve pop, turn of my console, then load game, turn difficulty on Sith Warrior, Save Game, exit to main menu, load game again (look again the difficulty, and is on Sith Warrior) kill it again and Padawan Achieve pop up, so it's works :D

Did it just like that. Worked. Good thing too, hadn't played this since it came out and had completely lost my knack for the game.