First Close Quarters Footage

Grey Delta

Well according to that vid, we can see some new weapons.

I saw someone get killed with:

an ACW-R (@ 0:39)

a L856A1?? with Bipod (@ 1:05) why put in a A1 why we already have the a2? Maybe it's the LSW?

and an ?RC pistol [could not see the first letter] (@ 1:10)

Confirmed weapons in the killfeed at the top right corner of the video:

AUG - Assault

LSAT - Support

ACW-R - Engineer

SCAR-L - Engineer

L86A1 - Support (I think it's the A2, but it clearly says A1)

SPAS-12 - All-kit

MTAR-21 - All-kit

Edited by BSH 1975

I'm not really sure how I feel about this map pack. Metro is my least favorite of the maps and I am not really that much a fan of the run and gun style maps. I wonder how conquest would play out; if these are even conquest compatible.

PS. Hopefully the USAS will see a proper realignment or we will get overrun by USAS/DOA'ers. As if there aren't enough of them already...

Anyone know if there are achievements related to this DLC?

i was wondering the same thing, but im sure there will be. it said the same thing for b2k----added maps, guns, dogtags, and persistance. so im sure there will be a couple of random cheevos and another get 10 kills with all new weapons cheevo as well.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this map pack. Metro is my least favorite of the maps and I am not really that much a fan of the run and gun style maps. I wonder how conquest would play out; if these are even conquest compatible.

PS. Hopefully the USAS will see a proper realignment or we will get overrun by USAS/DOA'ers. As if there aren't enough of them already...

The USAS and the DAO are totally different, the USAS is full auto where as the DAO isnt, the two play completely differently, it just sounds like you dont like shotgun users full stop..

Plus I dont see that many using the DAO at all, in pretty much every game I've played recently I've been the only one to have it equipped, the USAS on the other hand on certain maps there are generally 3 or 4 or even more people with it.

Well according to that vid, we can see some new weapons.

I saw someone get killed with:

an ACW-R (@ 0:39)

a L856A1?? with Bipod (@ 1:05) why put in a A1 why we already have the a2? Maybe it's the LSW?

and an ?RC pistol [could not see the first letter] (@ 1:10)

Confirmed weapons in the killfeed at the top right corner of the video:

AUG - Assault

LSAT - Support

ACW-R - Engineer

SCAR-L - Engineer

L86A1 - Support (I think it's the A2, but it clearly says A1)

SPAS-12 - All-kit

MTAR-21 - All-kit

Eh, nothing too exciting weapon-wise. Kinda funny that they're giving engineer another SCAR. Honestly I was originally baffled as to why the SCAR-H wasn't a battle rifle type assault rifle in the first place, as absolutely no one would want to use a carbine length barrel with that platform, a SCAR-L carbine makes much more sense, even though it has very few differences from the M4. SPAS-12 is cool just for nostalgia reasons (loved it in bfbc2), but I'm not really sure how it'll distinguish itself when we already have 3 semi auto shotguns. I'm curious to see if the MTAR-21 is the 5.56 or 9mm version. Also curious to see how they treat the LSAT in game, cause from my understanding it's basically a M249 function wise, it's main advantage is weight (both the firearm itself and through the use of "caseless" ammunition), and I'm wondering how that will translate into the game. I'm really really hoping "Armored Kill" brings back the Carl Gustav!

Edited by gealt

Eh, nothing too exciting weapon-wise. Kinda funny that they're giving engineer another SCAR. Honestly I was originally baffled as to why the SCAR-H wasn't a battle rifle type assault rifle in the first place, as absolutely no one would want to use a carbine length barrel with that platform, a SCAR-L carbine makes much more sense, even though it has very few differences from the M4. SPAS-12 is cool just for nostalgia reasons (loved it in bfbc2), but I'm not really sure how it'll distinguish itself when we already have 3 semi auto shotguns. I'm curious to see if the MTAR-21 is the 5.56 or 9mm version. Also curious to see how they treat the LSAT in game, cause from my understanding it's basically a M249 function wise, it's main advantage is weight (both the firearm itself and through the use of "caseless" ammunition), and I'm wondering how that will translate into the game. I'm really really hoping "Armored Kill" brings back the Carl Gustav!

Maybe it's more like this:

Assault: AUG and possibly SCAR-L

Engineer: ACW-R and possibly SCAR-L

Support: L86A1 and LSAT

Recon: unknown

All classes: SPAS 12 and MTAR 21(SMG)

New Weapons for what?^^

In Close Quarter will m320 / rpg and fragammo the most used weapon...100%.....

Dice understand not his own game....

I really don't understand the problem you have with M320s and RPGs, they really couldn't be any more underpowered... The only purpose I've found for them on CQB maps (like Metro) is if I shoot a guy a few times then he ducks behind cover, then I'll pull it out to finish him... but hell, even then I still get hit markers sometimes. I really can't believe DICE is actually listening to these whiners and nerfing them... THE DAMN THING IS ALREADY A TWO TO THREE HIT KILL WITH A LONG RELOAD! How can you even nerf it anymore? lol, also, spamming with these things is really only effective if multiple enemies pile up on a chokepoint like idiots (seriously, if you die when doing that you know it's your own fault). Lastly for my rant in favor of explosives, lol, I still don't get all the fuss with the USAS-12, yes, I myself realize it's a little bit too much on the power side and for that reason stopped using it long ago, but c'mon WAAAAY more people use that freaking FAMAS than the USAS, played several matches on Metro Rush last night and saw maybe three USAS users the whole time, compared to ten plus FAMAS users.

I remember these close quarter maps... It was called Medal of Honor and it was very, very...bad.

lol, sad but true, and with the snipers getting buffed I'm a little scared to see what happens... but I think this game is also a lot better than MoH and can pull it off in ways MoH couldn't, plus we do already have maps sorta like this... (though from the looks of it Metro and Bazaar are much larger).

I wonder how conquest would play out; if these are even conquest compatible.

I can't help but feel that these maps will be TDM-exclusive...

They would never do that. Besides, close quarters doesn't mean the only thing to do is kill. Operation Metro is the perfect example of my point... it still has Rush and Conquest.

I've seen these new maps compared to Call of Duty. Well guess what, Call of Duty does Domination on close quarters maps too and that's basically what Conquest is.