Up until the bridge I was thinking this episode was very short and not that great...

(spoilers)

...then it really picked up. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent Walter from being killed? I went to find Luke and Kenny so I'm thinking that staying may prevent Walter's death. Is that right?

Also, they are really nailing it with good moody credits songs this time around.

sadly the major element lacking in all of telltale's games is a real since of my choice matters, i played this episode more than once trying to alter certain deaths but just as other telltale games they are predetermined before you even start an episode. I wish telltale had more $$$$ to do these games on a much more grand scale.

(spoilers)

...then it really picked up. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent Walter from being killed? I went to find Luke and Kenny so I'm thinking that staying may prevent Walter's death. Is that right?

Also, they are really nailing it with good moody credits songs this time around.

I went through all the options & couldn't save Walter. So bummed right now. He & Matthew were the nicest guys ever. Now I'm just looking forward to whenever I hopefully get to kill Carver & Bonnie.

Wait, Molly can die? I never had that happen.

Does Alvin always die in this episode too?

if you don't teach Clem to shoot (or don't have her with you) on the infiltration you can fail to save Molly, as for Alvin he survived on my play, I stopped Kenny from taking the 2nd shot when Carver had Al as his hostage

my play thru I lost alvin and walt because I made him take the 2nd shot, I knew it was crazy but I hate that carver guy, he reminds me of the damn gov from the actual tv show and so I tried to take him out of the game lol. And BONNIE is going down!, I knew she was spy tho it was just 100% obvious to me but poor walter, I think he was doomed from the start, just too nice for an apocalypse setting and A little too trusting if you ask me.

But overall I felt this episode kinda sucked til the bridge as well. I hope the next installment is good and comes out soon.:drunk

In the same boat as the other meh chapter until the bridge players but it was still short, probably the shortest of both seasons. Overall the end did save it and Carver needed to be shot, even though I knew it was a bad idea but that is what I love about this game, emotions take over. Looking forward to chapter 3 now.

And BONNIE is going down!, I knew she was spy tho it was just 100% obvious to me but poor walter, I think he was doomed from the start, just too nice for an apocalypse setting and A little too trusting if you ask me.

But overall I felt this episode kinda sucked til the bridge as well. I hope the next installment is good and comes out soon.:drunk

Agreed about Walter. You don't hand over an entire box of food and say, "We have plenty". That's inviting a raid :uzi:. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Seeing Bonnie, I was intrigued at first...then, well...I'm interested to see the rest of the group from 400 Days and learn their story and how/if their paths will cross with Clem, especially considering they were with Bonnie at the end of 400 Days.

Oh, and where did Luke go? I'm sure we'll see him again, but where/when?

Edited by jhawk1977

yeah, I think as of right now Molly is the only person who's death can be prevented.....not that it matters as she disappears either way

Who's Molly? :drunk I only know of 5 females in this episode.

Clementine - Main Character

Sarah - Carlos' daughter

Sarita - Kenny's GF

Bonnie - Carver's Crew

Rebecca - Alvin's GF (Carrying Carver's baby)

Are you referring to Molly from Season One? If so, yeah she disappeared, never had her die when I played Season One.

Edited by jhawk1977

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this episode felt a little poorly paced -- though I suppose it's important to have Carver introduced before the group can move towards the bridge. Still, a lot of the first half felt like it could have been condensed, so that we get to the bridge sooner, then have more time to spend with Walter thus making his death have more of an impact. As it is, I didn't really care much when he died because he'd only just come into the picture about 15 minutes earlier. Good guy or not, it takes a lot longer than that for me to get attached to anyone in this series, since pretty much all of my favorite characters have been killed off.

I'm guessing Luke is going to have something to do with the confrontation that is coming up in the next episode when everyone is taken back to Carver's camp. He'll probably try to help get them out or something like that.

Seeing Bonnie, I was intrigued at first...then, well...I'm interested to see the rest of the group from 400 Days and learn their story and how/if their paths will cross with Clem, especially considering they were with Bonnie at the end of 400 Days.

I thought that was the same Bonnie! I was just too lazy to go and replay 400 Days just to find out.