Easy way to receive Invincible (formidable difficulty) achivevement

Rurik

While the overall difficulty of the game isn't hard, it did have some frustrating moments (e.g. the heliocarrier mission). I found an easy way to get through the missions while still receiving the achievement.

The key is that the game only checks your difficulty when you complete the level to denote what level you placed at.

1) For the troublesome levels, play through on easy.

2) When you are in the last stage of the game (received last checkpoint), press Start and Save Checkpoint.

3) Press Start and Return to HQ

4) Press Start and change difficulty to formidable

5) Press Start to save difficulty

6) Quit to Title Screen

7) From Title, continue the campaign and load the last checkpoint

You will then start on the last checkpoint as formidable.

I just tried this on missions 7 and 8 and did receive the achievement. On mission 7 I progressed to the grid area on easy. I came back as formidable and took out the turrets and hacked the three computers to finish it. On mission 8 I played as Easy until the very last War Machine stage where you shoot the head. I quick and came back as formidable, destroyed the head, and received my Normal and Formidable achievements.

Edited by Rurik

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

let me see if i got this right and please correct me if im wrong

1. i can play each level on easy then at the last checkpoint save last checkpoint quit to main title and change the difficulty to formidable and complete it and do that for all levels?

2.play the whole game on easy then finish the last level on formidable

someone out there please help me understand this i really want this achievement :(:confused:

let me see if i got this right and please correct me if im wrong

1. i can play each level on easy then at the last checkpoint save last checkpoint quit to main title and change the difficulty to formidable and complete it and do that for all levels?

2.play the whole game on easy then finish the last level on formidable

someone out there please help me understand this i really want this achievement :(:confused:

Number 1 is the correct one.

Thanks for this, made the last level very easy :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
While the overall difficulty of the game isn't hard, it did have some frustrating moments (e.g. the heliocarrier mission). I found an easy way to get through the missions while still receiving the achievement.

The key is that the game only checks your difficulty when you complete the level to denote what level you placed at.

1) For the troublesome levels, play through on easy.

2) When you are in the last stage of the game (received last checkpoint), press Start and Save Checkpoint.

3) Press Start and Return to HQ

4) Press Start and change difficulty to formidable

5) Press Start to save difficulty

6) Quit to Title Screen

7) From Title, continue the campaign and load the last checkpoint

You will then start on the last checkpoint as formidable.

I just tried this on missions 7 and 8 and did receive the achievement. On mission 7 I progressed to the grid area on easy. I came back as formidable and took out the turrets and hacked the three computers to finish it. On mission 8 I played as Easy until the very last War Machine stage where you shoot the head. I quick and came back as formidable, destroyed the head, and received my Normal and Formidable achievements.

I agree heliocarrier mission was kind of retarded. Thanks for the tip this is the only one I've left.

• 6 months later...
anyway to pre-determine where the checkpoints are? or will i learn after my easy play through?

Stage 1 - When you take control of War Machine

Stage 2 - After you exit the ships bridge, defeat the Armigar and then walk past him through the door. This is the last checkpoint.

Stage 3 - When fighting against Crimson Dynamo

Stage 4 - When fighting against the Proteon

Stage 5 - When protecting the plane for the second time

Stage 6 - When the Armigar is around 30% health

Stage 7 - When you have to disable GreenGrid

Stage 8 - The fifth section, when War Machine has to take the head shot.

• 1 year later...