Triple S on episode 15: how do you get the required amount of BP?

UpgradePolecat

So, I'm almost done with my Asura's Wrath Hard Triple S run using just the default gauge. The only one I have left to do is episode 15, A New Cause.

A typical run with the default gauge is something like this:

Time: 2:40 - 2:57 (S)

Battle points 5800 - 5900 (B)

Sync: 100% (S)

As you can see, BP is the main factor.

There are two battles: one of 1:20 and one of 1:25. You'd say that should give me a total time of 2:45, so why not wail on Asura for an extra 14 seconds? Well, for some reason, the game adds anywhere from 4 to 14 extra seconds to the final time, so I can't do that.

For some proof, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX2jUOFPN20. Timing from the moment he gains control of Yasha until the movie triggered by the burst takes over, gives me a 1:10 battle and a 1:11 battle, but his final time is 2:30: nine seconds more than I'd think it would be.

I've also tried the Destructor and Obliterator gauge. Results are similar:

Time: 2:57

BP: 6100

Sync: 100%

The main difference here is the number of special attacks I'm performing. Enough for an S, but still several hundred points off for the S on BP.

Since I the above two times are really stretching it, I need a way to get BP faster, preferably with the default gauge. I've tried missing burst, hoping it would give me an extra 1000 points, but that doesn't work because Burst jumps straight into the cutscene so it can't miss Asura.

My guess is that I'm not aggressive enough and simply not hitting Asura enough, but I doubt that some extra quick attacks will result in an extra 1000 points.

I'd really like to complete my Triple S run. Any ideas on how to get more BP?

Well, at least I can verify that you need 2:59 or faster and more than 6969 BP for both S ranks. :p

With the Obliterator gauge, I've managed to get the triple S! Even then it was pretty hard to get that done: you need to pull off 11+ special attacks in the 2:50 that you're fighting Asura.

Personally, I believe that 7000+ BP in 2:59 with the regular gauge is close to impossible, unless you get a perfect battle in which Asura does nothing strange or out of the ordinary, allowing you to keep pounding on him.

Kind of like episode 19: if the boss pulls off a move where you can't stun him, you're pretty much screwed for time.

The funny thing about this episode? My total time was 2:46, but my two bouts with Asura were 1:32 and 1:20, respectively. I seriously don't get how episode time is being tracked in this game.

Time to wrap up episode 20 and 22 and to finish uploading my run to YouTube.