Savin the day

So I have switched pitchers in games several times. won them all and haven't gotten the savin the day cheeve to pop. Any Tips? Does it need to be a certiain amount of innings? I have been playing with 5 and mercy on and off. neither worked. I have tried with 2 controllers and against com...getting a little worried that I'm never going to get this one...

The achievements in this game seem to be very glitchy. Your best bet is to try again. The first time I switched pitchers in the 4th inning and the achievements didn't unlock. In the next game I switched pitchers in the second inning after every pitch thrown (just to be safe) and it unlocked as soon as the game was over.

I cant get this to unlock either. Maybe you have to be winning when you switch pitchers. Does it have to be in 5 innings?

Yes folks...Just like a SAVE in baseball, you should be ahead before switching pitchers.

And yes, the achievement is still glitchy regardless, because I lost a game in extra innings and still got it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Yes folks...Just like a SAVE in baseball, you should be ahead before switching pitchers.

And yes, the achievement is still glitchy regardless, because I lost a game in extra innings and still got it.

Yes, I believe you do need to be ahead when you switch pitchers. I did this while tied and while behind and the achievement did not unlock.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This achievement makes me want to punch a wall. WTF!!! Winning, losing, 3 innings, 5, 9...nada. I don't even want to know how many games I've played.

EDIT: I got it. For what it's worth, I got it on a 5 inning game. I never tied the game, or let them lead. I just kept on smashing them, and probably changed the pitcher 4 or 5 times every couple of outs. Definitely something fishy with this one. Now to get the last one, hitting a homer on the bottom of the inning...sigh.

Edited by SHawk996

• 10 months later...

I had no problems with this one at all what I did was I knew I was in the lead and in story mode after scoring my 10 runs for no mercy, It was there turn to bat up I then switched my pitcher got the next two strike outs and achievement unlocked along with others.:drunk

Do this on the last inning bottom last. Also story mode I was doing 9 inning if that helps at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...