Someone ever got Glutton for Punishment?

Himuton

If you've done Elevator and you're still giving up then that is LAME as Elevator is definitely the hardest. That last room all you can do is pray to God that they don't hit you with an insta-kill laser guided grenade, and hey, if God doesn't feel like helping then you're fucked.

Yeah I am now retrying. It has been 2 years since I beat Elevator but I remembered using explosives a lot in the last room. There should be a rocket launcher somewhere and you could save that for the big n' nasty Armor.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I dont recall all the levels, but I do remember subway gave me some trouble as the cover kinda sucks on there.Tthe last floor of Elevator was a pain, but there are videos on Youtube that show really good methods on how to beat it, because the guys always come out the elevators in the same order. Also if anyone might be having trouble with the floors with the invisible guys whether it be the ones that do all the acrobatic stuff or the other ones. You can jump on things to make them run off giving you breathing room and time to refill your slow-mlo. They will only come running once you step off whatever you are standing on. Not everything will work for this trick it needs to be high enough off the ground, just experiment with it. I know things like the medicine carts and pop machines worked well for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got this achievement, the people who don't rank subway as the hardest map are insane, that was tougher than petrified shiat for me. If I wasn't getting shot to death in the very first room, I'd instantly die from a magic nade the computer would hurl from across the map into the room I was hiding in.

arena is secretly easy. If you investigate the fountain in the center, you can jump up one of its corners and the fountain top gives the perfect vantage point to see all the enemies spawning. You can kill them in 1 shot as long as they haven't jumped off the building yet.

surprising to see people complain about elevator. That one was easier for me. Well, excepting the final floor. When you get there, as long as you pick off the one shotgunner to the left (I think? Its been awhile), you can crouch behind that plant/barrier thing and take your time with the heavy armor. When he's clear, you've got to haul arse all the way to the back of the room, up the stairs, and hide in a corner before the elevators lining the side of the room start pooping out a bunch of foot soldiers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'v just rented the game and only need 3 more cheevs to go, the instant action maps are not that hard for experienced FPS players, for the newer people, just take your time, and as for elevator, theirs a glitch on the floor with the ghosts to make it so you take no damage, and the last room, also a spawn trapping glitch. on last level exit elevator quickly with slow-mo then kill the 3 guys, while taking cover behind the 1st plant, i mean hug that shit hard lol. wait for slow-mo to regenerate, then use it to run under the stair area with that mini-gun dude, he wont come down stairs, so just use the slow-mo strat on him. the second he dies plant the 2 proxi mines by any 2 elevator doors then run up top stairs and camp out while picking guys off, take your time, and sometimes they might try to go up the stairs so just watch it carfully, if you guys want a video, ill make a very good one, just msg me and ill post one up with audio walk through for it! hope this helps, and if anyone need some advice just msg me:Bounce:

• 1 month later...

I have done that achievement a total of six times, and it only gets easier. Utilize the G2A2 Assault Rifle as much as possible, great accuracy, rate of fire, and power. Also use the ammo glitch. For example, say you have a G2A2 with 1 clip left and you just killed many replicas with the same gun, go around and individually pick up and drop each one, and then you go and pick them all up. Instead of getting 33% of that ammo, you will get 100% back.

Edited by MUSTANGS 4 L1FE

• 5 weeks later...
I got this achievement, the people who don't rank subway as the hardest map are insane, that was tougher than petrified shiat for me. If I wasn't getting shot to death in the very first room, I'd instantly die from a magic nade the computer would hurl from across the map into the room I was hiding in.

arena is secretly easy. If you investigate the fountain in the center, you can jump up one of its corners and the fountain top gives the perfect vantage point to see all the enemies spawning. You can kill them in 1 shot as long as they haven't jumped off the building yet.

surprising to see people complain about elevator. That one was easier for me. Well, excepting the final floor. When you get there, as long as you pick off the one shotgunner to the left (I think? Its been awhile), you can crouch behind that plant/barrier thing and take your time with the heavy armor. When he's clear, you've got to haul arse all the way to the back of the room, up the stairs, and hide in a corner before the elevators lining the side of the room start pooping out a bunch of foot soldiers.

I've beaten Subway after a few tries :p so it wasn't THAT hard (imo)...

The only Hard Part on this Level is the beginning... and thats the part where most People got Problems with.

On my first tries i camped in the Centre Room ... BIG Mistake ... because you are Surrounded by Enemies and all you can do is peek out of the Door and hope the Enemies don't look in your Direction..

After a few tries .. I tried something different.. I killed the first 3 Enemies in Slow MO and Jumped down the Right set off Stairs. I set my Camp there.. standing on the small Trashcans(or whatever it is) on the right wall, because sometimes Enemies will Spawn right behind you and kill you instantly ... but if you stay on Top of the Trashcans they can't see you and Crawl trough the small opening (easy Shotgun kill)... Now all you have to do is take your Time and kill one by one.

I had Problems with Arena... took me 10 tries but only because that freakin Particle Sniper Guy 1hit killed me 5 times in a Row... even in slowmo peeking around the Corner and a turret for distraction.

Edited by Rage66

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It took me about 6 hours total over two days to get all these done, 4 maps each day. I'll rank them from hardest to easiest based on the number of times it took me to complete each.

1. Subway- This one was easily the hardest of them all, and took me about 10 tries to get. After the first couple retries, the hardest part for me was making that stupid jump between trains. I messed up twice on it, and had to start from the beginning again. Another two times I got to the end, only to have the last couple guys kill me with their magical grenades. Even my final successful run resulted in me taking massive damage from the last fucking enemy, I must have shot him in the head about 200 times before he finally died, and I went from 8 med packs to 3 LOL.

2. Elevator- This one took me about 5 tries. The first time I was overwhelmed by those ghost monsters. The other 3 times I kept dying at the end with the last 4 guys usually one or two shotting me from the elevator. My successful run consisted of me throwing grenades as soon as the elevator doors opened and killing them all.

3. Catacombs- Only annoying part about this is the beginning, which took me about 3 tries to get through. When going down the stairs I would kill almost everyone and then the last guy would one shot me. Successful run came when I kept luring them back to the stairs, going slow mo, and destroying them with the shotgun. In the church I used the Type 12 until it ran out, then the Cannon, and before the guys spawned through the doors, I jumped behind the altar and took them out with the ASP Rifle.

4. Garage- Took me 3 tries. I died twice at the end before I was able to clear out all the enemies. Third time I destroyed them with the ASP Rifle, then ran into the middle to avoid the chopper. When I saw the chopper fly overhead, I went into Slow Mo and unloaded on it with the Cannon and then the ASP Rifle afterward.

5. Sanitarium- Took me 3 tries. The worst section here is the middle, when the enemies start busting through both doors, more enemies spawn in the windows on the other side, and then a heavy spawns. I just lobbed my grenades at the two doors, sniped the guys in the other window (there were 3, and then another 3 spawn when the heavy does), and for the Heavy I threw down a turret and shot him in Slow Mo with the Assault Rifle.

6. Clinic- Got it on my first try. Killed the first couple guys with my pistols, then killed the Heavy with the shotgun in Slow Mo, and killed everyone else with either the Penetrator, Assault Rifle, or the Type 12 (once I picked it up).

7. Arena- Annihilated this one with a combination of the Type 7, VES, and the Assault Rifle. The two mechs were easy since they spawn so far away and always seem to get stuck in the rubble. Throwing the turrets down on either side makes killing the enemies even easier.

8. Sprint- The easiest of them all. Just keep killing all the enemies with whatever weapon you have, as soon as you clear them out they'll be a bunch of boosters, armor, and weapons to replenish you. I took out the Heavy on the stairs with the ASP Rifle then switched to the Type 7. Picked up the Type 12 and used that to clear enemies until I got to the Grenade Launcher which I picked up so I could kill the Shield guy. Once he went down I switched between the Type 7 and 12 until every enemy was toast, then ran to the elevator and watched the achievement unlock.

All in all, besides the Subway, I really didn't think they were that hard, and most of them were much easier then Distribution and Vault in the original FEAR.

Yeah i agree.

Fear 1 Was way more harder then Fear files!!!!

The last map on fear 1 at the end....o h man that annoying rocket launcher guy!!!!

It is just luck if you can shoot him before he will shoot you(instant kill when he hits you!!!!!)= RAHGAAAAAA

XD

But you dont have to jump between the trains?

So i think you saw the one guy doing it on youtube?

Yeah using videos is making this really easyy,not that hard.

It was really hard before the one guy on youtube was making to every map a video!:Dhehhehehe

But you dont have to jump between the trains?

So i think you saw the one guy doing it on youtube?

Yeah using videos is making this really easyy,not that hard.

It was really hard before the one guy on youtube was making to every map a video!:Dhehhehehe

I just assumed you needed to jump into the other train, especially since there were three enemies faced the other way over there. Most of the other enemies spawn on the other train afterward, so I'd imagine it would be much more difficult to stay in the first train as you'd get surrounded rather quickly.

The Youtube videos definitely helped, but you still need to practice the maps on your own since the enemies don't always react the same way each time. And yes, that last map in the original F.E.A.R was incredibly aggravating, especially with that rocket guy.

yes youre right with the trains,but after the first time i died when i was trying to jump to the other train i was so mad that i always stay now in the first train,which works:).my heart was like BOOBMOMBMOBMOBOMBOMBMOB

ololoolo

and yes the videos only helps.

the first map in fear 1 was the one which requries the most skills,dont you think that too?

One missed shot and boooom its over heheheheheehehehehhehehehe

the first map in fear 1 was the one which requries the most skills,dont you think that too?

One missed shot and boooom its over heheheheheehehehehhehehehe

I honestly thought the last Instant Action map in F.E.A.R was the hardest. The first map, while incredibly annoying, once you got past the gated area and got the ASP Rifle, it became much more tolerable. Just keep your distance from the Heavy and the Mech while shooting the hell out of them with the Penetrator/ASP Rifle and they'll go do with you taking minimal damage. On that last map, even at the very end, I'd get screwed over by those bastards coming out of both sides of the upper doors. And of course there was that previously mentioned douche with the rocket launcher right when that door opens.