First game to hit 3000 gamerscore

lid

Achievement for playing for 900 hours, insane.

More than insane. That's bloody ridiculous! Who on Earth would even bother? No game is that good to play for 900 hours.

EDIT: Actually, that's only 37.5 days and I played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for about 34 days :p Wow I'm dumb.

LOL!! Perspective eh? ;)

I've been playing Battlefield 3 religiously since it was released and only hovering about ~750 hours still. I know completely how much time I've been sitting on my arse with that game. 900 hours is a lot.

The Orange Box had 99 achievements, but that was spread over 5 games and only 1000 points.

i'm confused.

Capcom.. and every bit of dlc is free...

This too confuzzles me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You played Fallout on PlayStation? you brave little man.

On topic, nobody will give us 2000g other then Microsoft because it's their games. everybody else doesn't give a shit. im still hoping that bethesda will with Skyrim. which is why the only thing besides that Japanese game that has 2000g is Gears of War.

I find it pointless to be honest because people are giving us DLC's with 3 fucking achievements worth 100g or less for 10 bucks lol. (Ubisoft)

Dawn of War 2 has 2000gs.

You played Fallout on PlayStation? you brave little man.-Annalie

LOL. I had more problems belive it or not on the 360 with creatures getting stuck in the ground, in Fallout 3 never encountered any glitches on PS3 but encountered a bunch on 360. On PS3 New Vegas was unplayable when the game released in 2010 before the 4th fuckin patch then it played great. I have yet to start my 360 playthrough yet,I scared :( Espessially since I'm offline for the moment til' i can get a better internet connection. Meaning no patches til' I get on Live again.

Ontopic- Monstor hunter was pretty cool. I bet Other countries will get it soon. Belive it or not Monstor Hunter PSP helped sell out copies of the PSP systems and the monstor hunter PSP bundles in Japan.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Am i the only one that does not like how many achivements this game has. That means overly playing a game. I love RDR I love it,but why am I taking so long to go back to it well cause i have to do every Co op missions,4 MP achivements,2 or 3 SP achivements,2 or 3 achivements for Undead Nightmare. Not too bad I'll get back to it been a few months since i achivement hunted in that game. Same thing with GTA IV.

Why is everyone trying to 1 up each other. I mean Gears 2 was 1750,then Gears 3 was 2000 now this is 3000.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Am i the only one that does not like how many achivements this game has. That means overly playing a game. I love RDR I love it,but why am I taking so long to go back to it well cause i have to do every Co op missions,4 MP achivements,2 or 3 SP achivements,2 or 3 achivements for Undead Nightmare. Not too bad I'll get back to it been a few months since i achivement hunted in that game. Same thing with GTA IV.

Why is everyone trying to 1 up each other. I mean Gears 2 was 1750,then Gears 3 was 2000 now this is 3000.

I think there are lots of reasons they keep raising the score limit. From Microsofts point of view, they do it because they know that achievement hunters will have an incentive to get the DLC if they add more points to it (which I believe was why they raised it past the 1000/1000 limit in the first place). As games have more and more DLC, it makes sense to raise the gamerscore cap to accommodate for it, otherwise, the developers will have to shorten the score of everything just so that they don't exceed the cap.

I don't think it's the developers that raise the cap though, since this is Microsofts system and therefore only they have the right (and power) to make changes to it. I think they'll keep this trend if a game has enough DLC to make it worthwhile. I also wouldn't be surprised if they make all next gen games ship with 2000/2000 gamerscore by default (but that's a topic for another discussion).

Edited by Rapture639

I think there are lots of reasons they keep raising the score limit. From Microsofts point of view, they do it because they know that achievement hunters will have an incentive to get the DLC if they add more points to it (which I believe was why they raised it past the 1000/1000 limit in the first place). As games have more and more DLC, it makes sense to raise the gamerscore cap to accommodate for it, otherwise, the developers will have to shorten the score of everything just do that they don't exceed the cap.

I don't think it's the developers that raise the cap though, since this is Microsofts system and therefore only they have the right (and power) to make changes to it. I think they'll keep this trend if a game has enough DLC to make it worthwhile. I also wouldn't be surprised if they make all next gen games ship with 2000/2000 gamerscore by default (but that's a topic for another discussion).

Well Microsoft can ''hope'' all they want but I only buy DLC for games I REALLY LIKE. I never buy DLC for achivements. Dlc or not when I reach the 200 in an Arcade game,or 1000 in a retail game,its 100%ed to me.

You will need other things as well. Like a japanese IP and japanese account iirc

I could just migrate my LIVE account to Japan. Don't really want to simply create a new account and spend money on there. But I'll need to obtain a Japanese credit card though, that'll be the troublesome part. You don't need a Japanese IP address. Just a console to play J-NTSC games and to purchase them of the marketplace.

I could just migrate my LIVE account to Japan. Don't really want to simply create a new account and spend money on there. But I'll need to obtain a Japanese credit card though, that'll be the troublesome part. You don't need a Japanese IP address. Just a console to play J-NTSC games and to purchase them of the marketplace.

I am talking about this specific game, I have a japanese console and have completed several japanese visual novel games.

You need a japanese Ip to play this game.

Edited by KillerBEA

Alright then. How exactly would I obtain a Japanese IP?

VPN services

Apparently Microsoft considers using a VPN modding. This is second hand information. Which I got from reading Wallace sukas thread about games on demand without VPNs.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5443925&postcount=22

I see that people from other countries have significant gamerscore in the game. Maybe they have been able to get away with it