Domination / Destruction glitch

brian-360

This nearly caught me out. for the destruction run ONLY use your reds to kill the elves on the platform and for the dominate run use you greens and spiders. its a bit mean for such a small decision to spoil your run. luckily for me i was able to quit my game before it saved after chasing the elves away using greens on accident.

This is so annoying!

I have just gone all the way through dominating everything and making sure I did. I have just checked all the way through the history to find that I killed Borious?? WTF?? How the hell did that happen? I past him loads of times squirming on the floor outside the manor.

It wouldnt have been so bad if it had been a recent save but this is heart breaking!

• 2 weeks later...
This is so annoying!

I have just gone all the way through dominating everything and making sure I did. I have just checked all the way through the history to find that I killed Borious?? WTF?? How the hell did that happen? I past him loads of times squirming on the floor outside the manor.

It wouldnt have been so bad if it had been a recent save but this is heart breaking!

Yeah, I just ran into this as well. Borius decided to die of a heart attack or something. Irritated as hell right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Domination has glitched for me as well. Twice now in fact. Left with a small piece of red on the bar both times. I've checked and I've done everything right, no red ticks next to any of the quests, done the Elven Rebels bit right, dominated Drearius & wife, but it just want unlock.

I've gone back to Drearius and he is still there so I can redo it, but no go after trying six times. What a pain...:mad:

• 4 months later...

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I made sure I did everything on the Destruction list, even killed the Elven Rebellion with my red minions, and the achievement did not pop. Sure enough I went back to Empire Heartlands and the Senator and his wife were still there. I am absolutely positive I killed them the first time but there was still a cutscene and everything. The chair wasn't still there (because I did everything right the first time) but they were. All I had to do was kill Senator Drearius and didn't even have time to kill his wife before the achievement popped. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!!!! That was the only achievement that was keeping me from 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As for domination I can't really help, it worked for me the first time, but if someone is still having problems with destruction you may want to read this:

I was stuck on my destruction run too. After lots of testing (and I mean lots) it seems that just following the list in the achievement guide is not enough.

If you don't get the achievement after that list it simply means you have been too brave during the rest of the game.

Like in the first game it seems the way you treat the civillians also affects your destruction/tyranny rating.

Killing innocents increases your rating, same goes for destroying their houses leaving them homeless. It's only a very tiny percentage but it counts towards your 100%.

Killing Dresarius a second time also increases your rating, which is simply a bug obviously. So if you managed to unlock the achievement by killing him a second time it was simply coincidence because you were just that tiny bit away from 100%.

If this does not work for you, go back to all the locations like Nordberg, Everlight, Imperial Sewers and destroy every house marked orange on your map. (Note that some houses cant be destroyed). Also killing the innocent slaves in the sewers does count, even more than killing people at other places. If this is even not enough you can repeat killing them by going back since they constantly respawn, same as some of the damn frogs.

Good luck! :)

Edited by LeXXuz

• 3 months later...

When I played this the first time through, I did the Domination run and everything went smoothly - no bugs, no problems, no glitching, the achievement popped the moment it was supposed to.

However, when I replayed it for Destruction it didn't work despite doing everything like I was supposed to, so like this thread suggested I went back and found Drearius was alive again... BUT(!) after killing him again the achievement popped fine. The only thing I did different though, was that instead of killing him with my axe like I did when I first got to him, I overloaded my target spell...

Could the glitch be something as simple as that?

• 2 months later...

I don't know what I've done or not done - on my Domination playthrough I have a little tiny bit of red left on my alignment bar, but I've dominated both towns, never slipped up and accidentally did the destruction route - all my quests have grey ticks - what gives?

Does the final boss affect this, as that's the last quest I have to do...

• 3 months later...

I just thought I would post what has happened in my second play through. I haven't found a solution yet, unfortunately.

My second run at the game is my domination play through. It hasn't been too much of a pain, but I stay up too late playing. In my half awake state, I managed to burn down a few houses and I honestly don't remember if I killed anyone in the commune (probably). When I got all the way to the Imperial Palace, I still had some red showing on my alignment bar. I read about being able to go back and dominate Drearious again, and I also left the forth shrine standing in the Imperial City. I then traveled back and forth, dominating Drearious and his wife, then the mob of people outside the palace doors. My bar has now gone completely blue, but still, no achievement. I kept doing this for a while, thinking I just couldn't see anymore red, but it was still there. Still no achievement. It looks like I am going to need another frigging play through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...