There's a special place in hell reserved for the person who thought Jackal snipers were a good addition to Halo 2. I never played Halo 2 on legendary back in the day but I thought it would be like the rest of the Halo games on legendary, challenging but fun. So many cheap deaths and bad enemy triggers. I can't understand how a ghost can take several shots from a tank, explode and then have the elite walk away like nothing happened. Halo 2 legendary has got to be one of the worst 'hard mode' campaigns out there.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a special place in hell reserved for the person who thought Jackal snipers were a good addition to Halo 2. I never played Halo 2 on legendary back in the day but I thought it would be like the rest of the Halo games on legendary, challenging but fun. So many cheap deaths and bad enemy triggers. I can't understand how a ghost can take several shots from a tank, explode and then have the elite walk away like nothing happened. Halo 2 legendary has got to be one of the worst 'hard mode' campaigns out there.

LOL. Yeah, man :( Halo 2 was stupid hard and is even HARDER in MCC than it used to be.

Fuck Regret. Fuck Oracle. Fuck Gravemind. I cannot get past these missions in decent time for my Monopolized achievement. Fuck this all.

What's going on in Regret and Oracle? Regret generally doesn't seem too hard (though still tough) as long as you don't get boned by prophet RNG. Oracle meanwhile shouldn't be too hard in general?

Fuck Gravemind, though.

What's going on in Regret and Oracle? Regret generally doesn't seem too hard (though still tough) as long as you don't get boned by prophet RNG. Oracle meanwhile shouldn't be too hard in general?

Fuck Gravemind, though.

First off, it must be stated that I suck at speed running. I'm god awful. I've been relying on friends and forum friends for just about everything.

That out of the way, the above three missions are all I have left for Monopolized.

The Oracle…I can't pull off the elevator drop in the beginning. The room after that messes me up whether it be the 3 Heretics that spawn up top where you came or by the box-swinging Flood.

Regret…I was getting help on this last night. We made it to Regret's temple in 18 minutes. Awesome. Honor Guards…not awesome. Regret's fight took 22 minutes alone :(

Gravemind…I just don't want to touch even though I know I have to.

I'm just really frustrated. I feel bad for the people that are helping me. I'm a competent Legendary player, but as far as speeding through things, I'm awful and as for the achievement, I'm so close yet so far away.

Can't really help with the elevator drop (I mess it up from time to time, but it usually only wastes 30 seconds max), but if you've been getting co-op help, why not have one person stay up top during the holdout section with a sword ready for the first group of Heretic reinforcements, then proceed to have the two of you take two sides of the lower room for vantage on every Flood that drops?

By Honor Guards I assume you mean the Plasma ones, as Sword Honor Guards are good so long as Regret doesn't drop you directly on top of them. The fight can be a real annoyance, but just to make sure, did you utilize getting a 'forced' checkpoint during the fight after making some progress?

Gravemind still sucks. Nobody likes it. Bad level. 7.8/10, too much water (from your tears).

Can't really help with the elevator drop (I mess it up from time to time, but it usually only wastes 30 seconds max), but if you've been getting co-op help, why not have one person stay up top during the holdout section with a sword ready for the first group of Heretic reinforcements, then proceed to have the two of you take two sides of the lower room for vantage on every Flood that drops?

By Honor Guards I assume you mean the Plasma ones, as Sword Honor Guards are good so long as Regret doesn't drop you directly on top of them. The fight can be a real annoyance, but just to make sure, did you utilize getting a 'forced' checkpoint during the fight after making some progress?

Gravemind still sucks. Nobody likes it. Bad level. 7.8/10, too much water (from your tears).

1. I'm gonna try a few more times solo before trying Co-Op help :(

2. Yes, the Plasma ones :( We got the forced checkpoint but got I accidentally only after 1 hit on Regret. Messed us up bad.

3. Just Co-Op Gravemind with my friend (a different one that's been helping me) and we got 1 hour. Gonna try again. We need 45 minutes.

Around 3:40, I believe. I'll check soon. Currently trying to shave time off The Arbiter and The Great Journey. Then gonna knock out Regret and aim for a 25 minute.

---

Does anyone know how to pressure launch the elevator in The Oracle in Co-Op? Someone mentioned there was definitely a way but my friend and I don't know how to do it.

---

Sitting at 3:08:38

I ended up getting a 26 minute Oracle :( Gonna have to retry this and Delta Halo, hoping I don't need to do Regret.

Edited by BiggD

Around 3:40, I believe. I'll check soon. Currently trying to shave time off The Arbiter and The Great Journey. Then gonna knock out Regret and aim for a 25 minute.

---

Does anyone know how to pressure launch the elevator in The Oracle in Co-Op? Someone mentioned there was definitely a way but my friend and I don't know how to do it.

---

Sitting at 3:08:38

I ended up getting a 26 minute Oracle :( Gonna have to retry this and Delta Halo, hoping I don't need to do Regret.

BiggD, you have co-op halo legendary world records, stop pretending to be bad. You got dem skills.

If any one needs help for halo 2 speedruns, message BiggDope, he is the man!

BiggD, you have co-op halo legendary world records, stop pretending to be bad. You got dem skills.

If any one needs help for halo 2 speedruns, message BiggDope, he is the man!

Screw you, man :biglaugh

What's your Delta Halo time? Anything under 6 minutes should be fine.

7:44.

I'm gonna try redoing The Oracle instead.

Currently got my clear time to 3:02:25. One good Oracle run and I may get this.

Also, to my question above, the pressure launch in The Oracle does work in Co-Op. Just tested it now with my friend. One player will launch up as normal, the other will load onto a stationary platform. Both will have invincibility.

The player on the stationary platform needs to switch to Classic Mode. That's important because if you're in Remastered Mode when your buddy cuts the first cable, you'll fly off the platform.

After he's done cutting all three, he should jump down the elevator shaft as normal, and player two will load on him. Complete the level as normal, you'll both be invincible.

EDIT: 2:54:18 … no achievement :( :( :(

On the flip side, I now hold world record Co-Op The Oracle at 16:23 and The Great Journey at 9:38 :)

Edited by BiggD

I have spent the past two hours trying to kill the prophet of regret. It took me half an hour just to make it into the main room because of cheap deaths and enemies who seem to be able to absorb way too much plasma and EMP's.

The fact you can't just shoot him, the pointless teleport thing plus the infinite spawning enemies makes this battle so cheap. I never knew Halo 2 was such a bad game on legendary. I enjoyed running through Halo: CE on legendary again but so far Halo 2 is making me hate Halo and Bungie. It's just not fun at all. I'm thinking of skipping straight to Halo 3:mad:

I have spent the past two hours trying to kill the prophet of regret. It took me half an hour just to make it into the main room because of cheap deaths and enemies who seem to be able to absorb way too much plasma and EMP's.

The fact you can't just shoot him, the pointless teleport thing plus the infinite spawning enemies makes this battle so cheap. I never knew Halo 2 was such a bad game on legendary. I enjoyed running through Halo: CE on legendary again but so far Halo 2 is making me hate Halo and Bungie. It's just not fun at all. I'm thinking of skipping straight to Halo 3:mad:

That fight is hard as balls, DEG. It's much harder in MCC than it was in Halo 2.

Now you know why Halo 2 is considered one of the hardest FPSs on it's highest difficulty :( And that's just Regret…Gravemind is probably 2-3x harder.

That fight is hard as balls, DEG. It's much harder in MCC than it was in Halo 2.

Now you know why Halo 2 is considered one of the hardest FPSs on it's highest difficulty :( And that's just Regret…Gravemind is probably 2-3x harder.

gravemind starts of so dirty haha. level starts and its like the brutes are shooting before the screen comes up. if your lucky not to immediately get sprayed down gotta run for dear life haha. even worse in co op dirty ass spawn that is.

i still shudder at the thought of halo 2 laso

Pacifist STILL won't unlock for me. What the fuck!?!?! :(:confused::mad:

gravemind starts of so dirty haha. level starts and its like the brutes are shooting before the screen comes up. if your lucky not to immediately get sprayed down gotta run for dear life haha. even worse in co op dirty ass spawn that is.

i still shudder at the thought of halo 2 laso

In Co-Op it's pretty doable. You just jump backwards and begin unloading Needler ammo into the Brutes. My friend and I were able to clear that whole first room in 6 minutes flat. Just takes coordination. Rough level though.

I've always heard people say Halo 2 legendary was hard but I was expecting Two Betrayals type of hard or even The Library hard, Halo 2 is just so cheap.

I understand you go down in only a few hits but instead of enemies being more aggressive or smarter it seems Bungie decided to just ramp up their health. Grunts shouldn't be able to take a full barrage from a plasma rifle and walk away. Even vehicles are far too strong. On Metropolis, the gauss cannon barely made a dent in the wraith's armor. I was driving in circles and they weren't blowing. I ended up sitting at one end of the road with a ghost for a couple of minutes until the plasma did its job.

I now know why people say it's tough but the problem is I'm not enjoying it like I did the other Halo legendary campaigns which is a shame because I was looking forward to the challenge:(

I've always heard people say Halo 2 legendary was hard but I was expecting Two Betrayals type of hard or even The Library hard, Halo 2 is just so cheap.

I understand you go down in only a few hits but instead of enemies being more aggressive or smarter it seems Bungie decided to just ramp up their health. Grunts shouldn't be able to take a full barrage from a plasma rifle and walk away. Even vehicles are far too strong. On Metropolis, the gauss cannon barely made a dent in the wraith's armor. I was driving in circles and they weren't blowing. I ended up sitting at one end of the road with a ghost for a couple of minutes until the plasma did its job.

I now know why people say it's tough but the problem is I'm not enjoying it like I did the other Halo legendary campaigns which is a shame because I was looking forward to the challenge:(

It's like I always say, Halo 2 is just hard, it's obnoxiously hard just to be obnoxiously hard. It's rather annoying when you compare it to Halo 3, though I guess Halo 3 is so easy compared to Halo 2 is because Bungie realized they needed to tone down the AI's aggressive behavior.

Admittedly, I've done Halo 2 solo Legendary back in the day, but I don't know if I'll bother doing it in MCC. The AI is much more aggressive - as if that was even possible - in Halo 2 MCC, and once I got to The Oracle on solo Legendary, I just stopped. Like you said, it's not fun.

Pacifist STILL won't unlock for me. What the fuck!?!?! :(:confused::mad:

In Co-Op it's pretty doable. You just jump backwards and begin unloading Needler ammo into the Brutes. My friend and I were able to clear that whole first room in 6 minutes flat. Just takes coordination. Rough level though.

yeah i did the campaign in coop couldnt be assed getting trolled in solo haha

sucks that your achievements arnt popping tho hope they sort that soon. it puts you off attempting any hard