Switch discs - keeps spinning

exsiben

When prompted to insert disc 2, reluctantly I got up and obliged. I then noticed, despite both discs installed, the disc spun for the remainder of my play session. And upon starting over, insert disc 1 to continue, the same happened. When I regained control I dashboarded and restarted to cease the disc spinning. Anyone share anything regarding this? Can it be avoided?

And for the record I'm familiar with the new authentication, the first instance was closer to ~2 hours, not the couple minutes that's usual these days.

I had the same problem, so it's definitely not just you. I assume it's because while in-game, the xbox doesn't recognize that disc 2 is also installed, but I don't know a damned thing about this sort of thing. Dashboarding is the only thing I've ever done. Hope someone here has a better solution.

Hm. I never noticed it in ME2 and even just recently replayed it before starting SP in ME3, but I will take your word for it. Maybe my new house is quieter or the acoustics make the disc drive seem louder, but this is really a pain.

Before I installed my discs it seemed like it was making me jump from disc to disc constantly, close to 10 times before I said screw this and decided to install, after that I only had to switch near the end of the game once and for the record I never heard my discs spinning so I don't think I had that problem but like I said I didn't have to switch but once after I installed

Oh and btw I usually don't install cause I'm so eager to play I jump right in so I don't have to wait for the sometimes long-ass, monotonous install, but I really got tired of disc swapping

Before I installed my discs it seemed like it was making me jump from disc to disc constantly, close to 10 times before I said screw this and decided to install, after that I only had to switch near the end of the game once and for the record I never heard my discs spinning so I don't think I had that problem but like I said I didn't have to switch but once after I installed

Oh and btw I usually don't install cause I'm so eager to play I jump right in so I don't have to wait for the sometimes long-ass, monotonous install, but I really got tired of disc swapping

Installing doesn't stop you from disc swapping. You probably ended up installing only after disc swapping was all done.

Installing doesn't stop you from disc swapping. You probably ended up installing only after disc swapping was all done.

I know it doesnt stop you from having to swap discs, that seems pretty apparent seeing how i said that I still had to disc swap once more before finishing the game...

And even though it doesnt cut out disc swapping completely it does cut it out alot more than if you werent installed at all, as I also said.

Before I installed I did less than half the main story and I was doing random quests and I think maybe 2 N7 missions at that point, and Id already been prompted to swap discs nearly half dozen times

Edited by Dragon Lee