Specifics for midnight releases?

Viper187

By now we should know what stores are having them and hopefully what the procedures will be. Is Gamestop still doing that pre-ring bullshit an hour or so before midnight and giving everyone a group number to be called into the store in groups at midnight? Mine did that for Halo 4. Not sure if they're all the same or what time they start though. Anyone know? I have the CE reserved. Shall we post whatever we know here? Walmart? Best Buy? Who's getting it at midnight and where?

I know for a fact that Gamestop (at least mine, lol) is having a midnight launch.

I won't be attending though. I've gone to two, L.A. Noire & Halo 4, and they're just horrible.

You'd think you would find yourself among some pretty cool adult gamers who are willing to discuss the game and everything with you...what you get however, are massive groups of teenagers who are hyper as FUCK and don't really even know ANYTHING about the game that they are there to pick up.

Well, not only that...but during the Halo 4 midnight launch, the Gamestop employees would not let anyone to stay inside the store like they usually do. Instead, they made everyone wait outside from 11:30 to "when we call your receipt number" when it was about 25 degrees outside. Inconsiderate bastards. Honestly the worst experience at Gamestop ever.

Not my scene.

I know for a fact that Gamestop (at least mine, lol) is having a midnight launch.

I won't be attending though. I've gone to two, L.A. Noire & Halo 4, and they're just horrible.

You'd think you would find yourself among some pretty cool adult gamers who are willing to discuss the game and everything with you...what you get however, are massive groups of teenagers who are hyper as FUCK and don't really even know ANYTHING about the game that they are there to pick up.

Well, not only that...but during the Halo 4 midnight launch, the Gamestop employees would not let anyone to stay inside the store like they usually do. Instead, they made everyone wait outside from 11:30 to "when we call your receipt number" when it was about 25 degrees outside. Inconsiderate bastards. Honestly the worst experience at Gamestop ever.

Not my scene.

Yeah. Mine used to be inside the goddamn mall, so it was a nice warm wait for Halo 3. It wasn't terribly cold for Halo 4, but it still sucked. Why they'd move the store a half mile down the road from the mall is beyond me. I only reserve at Gamestop for 1 title a year, if that. The only reason I go for the midnight release is the bastards don't open until 10am. I'm up at 7ish. I want my fucking game.

Yeah. Mine used to be inside the goddamn mall, so it was a nice warm wait for Halo 3. It wasn't terribly cold for Halo 4, but it still sucked. Why they'd move the store a half mile down the road from the mall is beyond me. I only reserve at Gamestop for 1 title a year, if that. The only reason I go for the midnight release is the bastards don't open until 10am. I'm up at 7ish. I want my fucking game.

I've never bothered going to Gamestop in the mall. Mainly because I avoid the mall at all costs unless I need to buy new clothes. Too many crackheads, druggies, and losers hang out at both malls near where I live.

Lol, you't think Gamestop would maybe stay open 24hours when a HUGE game launches. That way if someone wakes up at 6 because they go to work at 7am, they can stop by and pick up their game real quick.

But no, GameStop isn't that nice. I rarely do business with them anymore anyways. GTA V and Batman Arkham Origins may be the very last games - or anything gaming related - I buy from there.

Wait...stores actually had a midnight launch for L.A. Noire ?

Hahah, mine did. It was quite awkward. All the GameStop employees dressed up as detectives (and characters from the game) and there were only about 6 people there. Two of them were grandparents and they won a free poster of Cole Phelps. I have no idea how they were up that late.

Not my scene.

Damn thats horrible, for Halo 4 my nephew & sister came along, I live like a block away from Gamestop (EB Games here). At my store we talk about games and whats in it at times or I just listen to my ipod. We have to wait till 12am then let like 20-30 people in and just go from there, after a few, they add more people! Its funny seeing the Police checking out whats going on or have people walk down the parking lot at Walmart "You guys are still waiting?" Bc the walmart here are 24/6. But we dont care...its walmart for crise sake lol

Not my scene.

That sucks. I've been to three midnight releases at my EB Games; CoD MW2, CoD BO and Skyrim. Both CoDs had awesome people there to talk to, he'll even had a debate with one group. Skyrim was ehh.. Too nerdy for my liking.

But yeah, the EB Games is having the 'express line' get there between 10 and 11, get a receipt, and then go do what ever till 12, then the whole line is in and out within 15 mins (Skyrim had about 100 people in that line). Then I go home, game it till 3, call my boss and tell him I'm sick, and enjoy a whole day killing hookers. Ahh yeah.

i will get my copy promptly at 10 am on tuesday morning

as much as i am looking forward to this game, i am too old to wait in line at midnight, lol

i can't stay awake past midnight :p

borderlands 2 was the last midnight release i did and i was asleep before the game downloaded to my harddrive

That sucks. I've been to three midnight releases at my EB Games; CoD MW2, CoD BO and Skyrim. Both CoDs had awesome people there to talk to, he'll even had a debate with one group. Skyrim was ehh.. Too nerdy for my liking.

But yeah, the EB Games is having the 'express line' get there between 10 and 11, get a receipt, and then go do what ever till 12, then the whole line is in and out within 15 mins (Skyrim had about 100 people in that line). Then I go home, game it till 3, call my boss and tell him I'm sick, and enjoy a whole day killing hookers. Ahh yeah.

I could see myself out of place at a midnight launch for Skyrim too, lol. I can;t imagine the last time I pulled an all-nighter or even stayed up that late to play games. I tend to get offline pretty early (midnight). My body just doesn't like when I push it to stay up.

I will get my copy promptly at 10 am on tuesday morning

As much as i am looking forward to this game, i am too old to wait in line at midnight, lol.

I really wish I wasn't a nerd and would allow my self to skip my two classes Tuesday :( I'll end up grabbing my copy at 4pm unfortunately. I'll get the guide up by Thursday evening though!

I'm done with goin to midnight releases but what they usually are:

-Go to GameStop at 10:00 and they give you a number. This number is your place in line. Now you have a choice, either wait 2 hours or go home. I usually go home.

-Once it's midnight they gather everybody up outside (I've never had them make us wait inside) and call the numbers say, 1-10.

-If you're say number 6 then you get to go into the store with this group while everybody else waits outside.

-Once inside the store the number no longer means anything (6 could go before 2 and so)

-Pay for your game

-Enjoy.

I finish work at 6 on Monday and I'm heading straight there when I finish. Which means I'd have been stood up for like 12 hours (including work too). Insane, but it's gonna be worth it when I get home and the second disc is installed.

I'll be waiting there for about 5 hours. People call me crazy but I couldn't care less. This is the game I've been waiting for since 2008. I got Tuesday off work too :) not booked either, just a regular day off.

I finish work at 6 on Monday and I'm heading straight there when I finish. Which means I'd have been stood up for like 12 hours (including work too). Insane, but it's gonna be worth it when I get home and the second disc is installed.

I'll be waiting there for about 5 hours. People call me crazy but I couldn't care less. This is the game I've been waiting for since 2008. I got Tuesday off work too :) not booked either, just a regular day off.

Man, this is devotion! You sure are dedicated to the GTA franchise and Rockstar if you're willing to wait five (Coincidence?) hours to get the game at midnight. You sure must be excited for this game and i'm sure this is what drives Rockstar to make fantastic games by fans like you willing to do all this to get the game as the earliest possible moment.

For me, i'm not going a midnight release. I'm not of age (But sure you know, i'm mature enough and in my opinion, i'm probably more mature than some 18+ people) But if I was of age I would probably consider going but to be honest I wouldn't be too fussed about going cause i'm lazy and all.

Man, this is devotion! You sure are dedicated to the GTA franchise and Rockstar if you're willing to wait five (Coincidence?) hours to get the game at midnight. You sure must be excited for this game and i'm sure this is what drives Rockstar to make fantastic games by fans like you willing to do all this to get the game as the earliest possible moment.

For me, i'm not going a midnight release. I'm not of age (But sure you know, i'm mature enough and in my opinion, i'm probably more mature than some 18+ people) But if I was of age I would probably consider going but to be honest I wouldn't be too fussed about going cause i'm lazy and all.

Oh, I won't enjoy it :L I hate midnight launches but I wanna play it that night. I've been a fan since the original GTA. I remember good times with GTA London on my PS1 :p

And it's not that much dedication. Every CoD midnight release I've gone to, the same person is always at the front of the queue. Must wait 6 hours every year for those games.

I'm considering going to the midnight launch, but I'm not sure. My gamestop is on my college campus, so there will probably be a huge amount of people there. I went to the Halo 4 release there before and I'd say there were probably ~300 or so (although I'm bad at estimating). Everyone who had paid it off and got the receipt was in and out pretty fast, though. I just didn't know I was supposed to do that ahead of time :p

I may just end up picking it up between my classes at ~11 on Tuesday. But it has been a while since I actually stayed up all night, so that could be exciting.

Oh, I won't enjoy it :L I hate midnight launches but I wanna play it that night. I've been a fan since the original GTA. I remember good times with GTA London on my PS1 :p

And it's not that much dedication. Every CoD midnight release I've gone to, the same person is always at the front of the queue. Must wait 6 hours every year for those games.

I don't see the point of waiting that long in line :p you show up at 11 and you'd be out of there at 1-1:30 (at least here with easily 150-200 people in line for CoD). Seems more sensible than standing there for 5 hours just to be out of there right away lol.

I'm considering going to the midnight launch, but I'm not sure. My gamestop is on my college campus, so there will probably be a huge amount of people there.

This is exactly why I didn't preorder from the EB Games near my college's campus. I know all those people will be there. I actually live a good distance from the college and the place isn't known so well as a place to buy games, so I'm expecting few people.

I'll probably get really anxious and just walk over there at 10 or so. I can sit there on my phone and wait two hours. What else would I be doing at home? If I can be one of the first in and out of there I'll be so happy.