Is it worth it

rocadepunk

I was thinking the other day, i'm fed up of having to delete stuff off my 20gb hard drive. so i have 2 options. either i upgrade the hard drive or i go out and buy an elite. i've been toying with the idea of buying an elite for a while but wondered is it worth? i could get a 60gb hard drive for £50 whereas an eltie would be roughly £180 - £200. I have a Panasonic Viera hd 42" tv capable of 1080p and was wonderding is the extra money worth it?

I decided to get a Elite last year and would say at the time it was worth it as had the 120gb Hard Drive and HDMI port so went well with my Samsung 32" HDTV but you may aswell get the 60gb version now as its basically the same apart from being black as it has the HDMI port and 60gb is still alot of space unless you are wanting to install alot of games on to your hard drive. Depens if you are willing to part with the cash. I was and now my Elite has the E74 System Error but I am not bitter :p.

I've also been debating how to go about upgrading my HD. In the end, with Christmas approaching, I took the cheap way out, and convinced my parents to get me the 60GB starter set. I can't see myself needing the 120gig anytime soon, but I definetly wanted more space than I have currently, so the 60gig was the perfect compromise. And it's being bought for me, so win all around.

For those of you that actually has an HDTV that can produce at 1080p resolution, I say invest in a 360 that has an HDMI output. The graphics and images are much sharper and clearer compared to Component, which is an analog signal. If you don't care so much for picture quality, then just upgrade your HDD. This way, you can save money. The economy is bad, ya know?:p

Speaking of saving money, I may have the hook up for any of you that are looking for an HDD. PM me for details.;)

i'll probably end up getting an elite if my current 360 (20 GB) dies.

can you use the hdmi cable to the tv and a separate toslink(optical audio) cable to a reciever? i currently do that with my 20 GB component cables....to the tv with them because my onkyo reciever only does 720p through component, but the tv does 1080i.

thanks for all the replys guys. judging by this i think i might have to get the new premium with 60gb and hdmi. considering the noises my 360 is making at the minute, and being a pre-owned console. microsoft won't support it. this seems like the best way to go. appreciate the advice.

i'll probably end up getting an elite if my current 360 (20 GB) dies.

can you use the hdmi cable to the tv and a separate toslink(optical audio) cable to a reciever? i currently do that with my 20 GB component cables....to the tv with them because my onkyo reciever only does 720p through component, but the tv does 1080i.

That's how my setup is currently. I run an HDMI cable to my HDTV and run a TOS to my receiver.

This is all really based off of how much memory you use. If you download a lot of videos, themes and now install games, you might want the Elite with a bigger HDD and hdmi. If you don't use that much space, then yeah I would go for the cheaper 60GB version with hdmi. I personally love my elite, I have plenty of space for anything I may want to download plus I love the black console