How to beat this game on Easy and get credit for Medium & Hard achs

Now, DELETE the save file for your MAIN PROFILE. If you have a memory card, back it up first if you aren't sure about this. This will only leave the save file for your Backup Profile

if people want to save the step of going back to the dash and deleting the save, here is what i did.

every time you press start at the title screen, the game asks you where to look for save data (same thing when you press start with the second controller). if you have a memory card, take advantage of this! i had beaten the game with the save on my harddrive. followed your method with a secondary profile on my harddrive.

next, instead of deleting my save, when prompted where my main profile's save was, i told the game it was on the memory card when i went to do co-op/hard. as a result, the game created a new save on the card, and the old save was still in tact. after exiting back to the title screen, and making my main profile player two and telling it to use the save on the card, i got the achievement no problem.

just a quick heads up for everyone, the last level will get harder each time you play it doing this method (due to the circumstances).

playthrough 1: you're on easy, the level is a joke

playthrough 2: you're on hard, the t600s will shred through you if you aren't careful, and there are alot of them. your main profile will have whatever weapons you started the level with on your playthrough 1 (i was holding a maxed out grenade launcher, maxed out grenades, maxed out pipe bombs), and your backup profile will only have what you start the game with. (a machine gun and two grenades).

playthrough 3: same as playthrough 2, except now both profiles have crap weapons.

it still isn't very difficult since the level has lots of rockets and grenade launcher ammo, but just wanted to point that out.

aren't these the kinds of glitches that M$ mentioned if you cheat it, they will erase your gamerscore?

theres no way they would be able to tell. the achievements will be earned in the same order as if you played through hard the first time legit.

You just made an easy game easier....good job. Maybe you should stick to My Horse and Me and leave the "hard" games to real gamers. Having to trick this game is just laughable. On Hard I beat it in 4.3 hours and you shouldn't have any problems doing the same. Ridiculous that people find ways to trick an easy game and make it easier. Congrats.

oh my god, here we go with this stuff. Why in the blue SHIT do people decide to push their gamerscore weight around on this place? So *she found a glitch on a game, big deal! Thanks for finding the glitch, good work and good contribution. Dont listen to posters on here who want to look cool by saying 'yeah? well....i beat the game already and it was easy! So im cooler than you because you need a glitch'. Lame sauce.

Edited by alvarado52

well done for finding it but i just finished in 3 hours on hard and it wasnt glitchy so was wondering if you all have a different version like american version as i didnt get many glitches except graphical errors which arent really bad to deal with.

Yeah. This pretty much says it all.

Amazing how often people accuse a game of being glitchy/buggy when it's difficulty is outside of their comfort zone. Thus attempting to justify the use of glitches like this.

Don't get me wrong. This game is no gem. But it isn't anywhere near as terrible as you people are claiming. I'm on my second playthrough. And I have yet to come across "game ending" glitches or bugs. In fact, I have yet to come across any problems thus far. Save for some sketchy voice acting and character animations. But those don't fit into the "glitches and bugs" category.

So all of you screaming "GLITCHES AND BUGS!!!!"

Just stop. You're full of shit.

After spending a day of swearing, screaming, and controller throwing thanks to the utter hell this game offers you on certain parts of Hard, I said "frack it" and played the game through on easy.

I tried various tricks to play the last level on Hard and get the two achievements that would correspond to beating the game on hard, but to no avail. Then I tried co-op, remembering all the tricks I've learned from games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga.

Well, it WORKED. Without any further ado....

*You need TWO controllers and a backup account to do this trick.

Step 1 - On your MAIN PROFILE (the one you want the 1k to go to), beat the entire game on easy. On easy the glitches are manageable, and it will only take you 4 hours or so

Step 2 - After you beat the game back ALL THE WAY OUT to the main title screen. With your BACKUP PROFILE/second controller start a NEW GAME on Hard, selecting Co-Op and joining with your Main Profile/first controller when the game prompts you to press start. Right after the new game starts (when you get control of the character and hear a guy ask "John are you okay?") quit out back to the main title screen again

Step 3 - With your Main Profile/first controller, select Replay Scenario. Choose "For The Resistance" on Hard and in Co-Op, joining with your Backup Profile/second contrller when the game prompts you to press start. Now beat this level. If you don't have anyone to play the Backup Profile/second controller, just have it sit back while you do all the killing. It's a really easy and short level, even on Hard. After you beat the game your Backup Profile will get the achievements "For The Resistance", "Seasoned Commander", and "Veteran Commander".

Step 4 - Exit out to the Dashboard, go My Xbox / System Settings / Memory / Hard Drive / Games. Scroll down to your Terminator save file. You will notice both accounts have a save file created now. Now, DELETE the save file for your MAIN PROFILE. If you have a memory card, back it up first if you aren't sure about this. This will only leave the save file for your Backup Profile

Step 5 - Start the game back up again. With your Main Profile/first controller start a NEW GAME on Hard and in Co-Op, joining with your Backup Profile/second contrller when the game prompts you to press start. Again, right after the new game starts quit out just like in Step 2 and back out to the main title screen. I cannot stress how important this step is, if you don't do this you WILL NOT get credit for the Medium and Hard achievements.

Step 6 - With your Backup Profile choose Replay Scenario and select For The Resistance level on Hard in Co-Op, joining with your Main Profile/first controller when the game prompts you to press start. Again, beat the level. This time when you complete it, your Main Profile will get the achievements "Veteran Commander" and "Seasoned Commander" and you will now have 1k in this game for only having to play all the levels but the last on Easy.

I tested this out on three of my accounts, one is here:

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=SarahMcGLOCKlan

and the other two are offline profiles. It worked without a hitch all times, going both ways for the accounts. Again, if you aren't sure about this use a memory card if you're worried about deleting the save but this will work if you follow all of my steps to the letter.

Enjoy the now VERY easy 1k!

quick question, for step 2 when you say start a new game with backupprofile/second controller, how do i go about doing this? It only lets me select stuff with my first controller/main profile Or do you mean sign in with my backup profile on either controller that can select?

come on, you're gonna glich the achievements RIGHT after microsoft announces the banning system, and its not that hard, the train and the bus are the most difficult

why would we get banned for this? its not game saving where you earn every achievement in the game and do nothing, its just beating the game and then beating the last level on hard no game saving really.

Yeah. This pretty much says it all.

Amazing how often people accuse a game of being glitchy/buggy when it's difficulty is outside of their comfort zone. Thus attempting to justify the use of glitches like this.

Don't get me wrong. This game is no gem. But it isn't anywhere near as terrible as you people are claiming. I'm on my second playthrough. And I have yet to come across "game ending" glitches or bugs. In fact, I have yet to come across any problems thus far. Save for some sketchy voice acting and character animations. But those don't fit into the "glitches and bugs" category.

So all of you screaming "GLITCHES AND BUGS!!!!"

Just stop. You're full of shit.

..............sigh. Alright. You got me. I lied, I admit it now. There was never a single bug or glitch in this perfectly programming and bug tested game. I made it ALL up.

I am in fact, the world's WORST gamer. I am so bad, that I couldn't even 1k Avatar The Last Airbender. I just couldn't do the "One With Combat" achievement by myself so I... oh God, this is so hard to admit in public, gamesaved it.

UNO I was so horrible at I actually had to HIRE Bob Eckert, the CEO of Mattel (who distributes the game) to come over to my house and play it for me.

Madden 06 was just impossible for me, so fortunately I had Brett Farve's phone number and since he was retired at the time, he helped me 1k it since he had nothing better to do.

Hannah Montana The Movie just required more skill than I was capable of, so I asked if Miley Cyrus would help but she was WAY too busy so her father Billy Ray Cyrus flew out to my house and did it for me since he helped make the game.

I can go on and on for every game I've had to gamesave or get help with (the most embarassing was this prostitute I had to hire to help me do the co-op on Prince Caspian... she smelled like urine! And now so does the controller she used :(), but I think you get the idea now on how bad a gamer I really am.

So in closing I apologize to everyone for lying, I'm going to go call Bill Gates now and request him to reset my gamerscore to 0. I just hope you can find it all in your hearts to forgive me.

Edited by YouStayClassy

quick question, for step 2 when you say start a new game with backupprofile/second controller, how do i go about doing this? It only lets me select stuff with my first controller/main profile Or do you mean sign in with my backup profile on either controller that can select?

Yeah, you have to have an actual profile signed in on the second controller. Just make one up real quick if you don't already have one.

Bah. Starting drama over Gamerscore and/or how people get it (outside of game-saving, bitch about that all you want), is kinda, ya know, dumb? Pointless? Something along those...

"My e-peen is bigger than your e-peen, so it's better, and here's why".

I don't care, either way. I just like to hear myself talk...er...type.

man there area lot of turd so far to post here,, the guy found a nice loop hole and you rip into him....nice show you are a real class act....

EDIT---my bad, sorry about calling you a guy!

The fact is, this is a game save glitch, strictly forbidden on this site.

Guess I'll wave goodbye to the OP now, welcome to the ban world.... probably. At the very least no 1000 clubs for you anymore.

The fact is, this is a game save glitch, strictly forbidden on this site.

Guess I'll wave goodbye to the OP now, welcome to the ban world.... probably. At the very least no 1000 clubs for you anymore.

So youre telling me, if i beat the game by myself on easy, then i call a friend over to bring his memory card with him, ask him to beat it on hard, then join him on a co-op replay of the last level on hard difficulty, and unlock the achievement...ill be okay because i did it legit? Or are we strictly forbidden from ever joining a co-op game of Terminator Salvation on a difficulty different then what we beat it on! OH NOES!

EDIT - On a side note, your siggy about Ebonics/other being 'ignorant slang' seems a little ignorant itself, dontchathink? OH SNAP! My bad...DO YOU NOT CONCUR?

Edited by alvarado52

I don't know why the other mod decided to close this since it has nothing to do with trading saves, since all the saves are your own.

Regardless, I am going to lock it because everyone is arguing about how easy the game is or whether this is even needed or not.

While I agree the game was easy, even on hard (took me under four hours), this website is devoted to tips and tricks of getting achievements the fastest and easiest way possible. This is a prime example of that.

Good find. If anyone needs to use this, here it is. If you don't, good for you.