Special Operations Strategies

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say... Me and a friend tried wetwork and snatch&grab like 20 times together, always stuffing up at the end breach and dying in the last area for snatch&grab.... I tried them by myself and got both done within 3 tries.

So just saying that for those 2, it is much easier if you do it solo than in co-op.

I can agree that there are more than a few Spec Ops missions that wind up being easier going at 'em solo.

Really? I just did Snatch & Grab and we had 4 Juggs spawn behind us. The spawns are really random on that level. First time we ran up the left after the plane, I got to the smoke, my partner got downed by a Jugg from behind. Finally we tried running up the right, I hip shot a couple of guys and we made it pretty easily.

Terminal is also very easy with two players.

For Homeland Security, I'd suggest going over to Nate's when you've cleared out the 4th wave. On the roof is a turret. There might be one in Burger Town as well.

For Armor Piercing, can anyone tell me where the staircase is that the OP is describing?

You don't really need anything. Just one player in back with heavy weaponry laying down the main fire and one in the front triggering the juggernauts and falling back.

The way me and my partner did it was to go on that scaffolding. He had the Barret, which took them down pretty quickly. I was running up to that gate that slides across after you breach that first room, to trigger them. After the first 4 or 5, they kept coming one at a time until the last couple came together, where I helped out with the Thumper aimed at the white pillar just through that fence.

Also put some claymores in the doorways of that breach room just in case one decides to skip through there, and put some at the top of the ladder to the scaffolding just in case one makes it there.

I have a good strategy I used to pass Wardriving.

My friend and I went along and cleared the houses like you usually would, but without downloading the intel from the computers. We then took the sentry turret from the middle house and set it up along with the other 2 in the furthest house from the start/end of the mission. We placed about 20 Claymores all around and they do most of the work for you when you do the download (I never actually even saw anyone during that download time).

When they're clear take any surviving turrets (we usually just had one) and bring it back to the middle house. We used 10 claymores here as it's the easiest house to defend. Then we used all the Claymores we had left (20) to defend the house closest to the start/end.

Working backwards like this makes it so you are already right next to the Honey Badger at the end of the mission so you don't have to fight your way back down the street. Other advantages are that you have 3 sentry turrets for the furthest house, and should still have one for the middle house like you normally would. Also any of the Claymores that aren't tripped during the defense of the far house may kill ememies that spawn there during the defense of the middle house.

You still want to lase the front of the houses, obviously, as you defend them and clear them. In the far house we were positioned in the wine celler and the hall next to it. The middle house we were behind the bar next to the computer. The house near the start/finish we were in the 2 rooms closest to the finish and just hopped out of the back window right next to the Striker when the download was over.

Just wanted to say, your strategy is excellent. I managed to beat this on Veteran, first time playing it, solo with this strategy.

Getting out of the last house can still be a pain though, as even though I had 3 turrets left, they destroyed them all and I had to slowly work my way out of the garage, while keeping an eye on my back, to avoid getting caught.

I have an almost foolproof strategy for Armor Piercing, and it can be done by yourself.

Grab a 50 Cal, and your partner should have one as well. Make sure you keep your Thumper (which is what you have when you start the Mission) Go up flights of stairs until you come outside again and then you'll see a ladder. Climb this ladder. From here, all you'll do is snipe Juggernauts. They can barely hit you up there, and it will never be for more than 1 shot at a time. Be careful, though. Some Juggernauts will enter the door on your right, which will allow them to climb the ladder to your sniping point. But it's pretty simple. Just fire your Thumper every once in a while to have Juggernauts drawn to you then switch your Sniper Rifle and snipe.

I and my friend that I'm doing the missions with seem to be the opposite of most people. We basically breezed through Snatch and Grab, Breach and Clear(for this, my mic was broken and we couldn't even talk), and Wetwork, the missions I've seen the most people complaining about. We've had trouble(but eventually finished) on missions that others are saying are easy, like Overwatch. The only one we have left is Armor Piercing, to be done tomorrow.

Finally beat that bastard Snatch & Grab! Had to do it solo because my friend likes to not show up on time! :p

So that makes 10 done in co-op, 13 done solo! And 1000G for me! :D

EDIT: Sorry, in all my excitement I forgot to thank every single person who has posted strategies in this thread, I used pretty much every single one of them on my mission, and without them I would still be stuck on Suspension or some shit. :p You're all amazing guys/gals, and thanks for all your help. :D

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Good strategy, but my buddy and I did it in 18.5 sec (IW is full of crap) by using the grenade launcher in the slow breach, flashing the second room, then flashing the 3rd room (the secret is to toss the flash straight over the middle of the lockers). Of course you need to fire everything you got, but don't slow down. We did it both and didn't get touched.

Thanks for the other spec ops strategies.

I was a little apprehensive about doing Breach and Clear because I thought it was a little intense in the campaign on Vet. BUT I slightly modified this suggestion and did it on my 3rd try Solo.

I didn't use any explosives tho - Breach - shoot all the enemies (I always put 2 bullets in each just to make sure they aren't in last stand mode), throw the flash over the lockers into the second room (You only get one flash on Vet in solo) and sprint to the exit. 19.3 seconds to complete.

You do not need to fire again after you have killed everyone in the Breach - or atleast I didnt.

Thanks for this strategy AND thank you to whomever posted the Homeland Security strategy where you hide in the alley in the alcove and just wait for them to come to you. Predator can not hit you as long as you are in the alcove. This one took 47mins 34.40 seconds solo tho! But it was worth it!

On O cristo I found the easiest way to deal with dogs is to find an object low enough that you can jump onto it like one of the burnt out cars in the begining of the level. Apparently the dogs can't jump and so will sit a growl at you, making for an easy kill.

Otherwise find a corner near the edge of the map that gives you good field of view and wait. They always announce they are coming with barking in the level, so oyu should have time to find a safe perch or corner.

I have a good strategy I used to pass Wardriving.

My friend and I went along and cleared the houses like you usually would, but without downloading the intel from the computers. We then took the sentry turret from the middle house and set it up along with the other 2 in the furthest house from the start/end of the mission. We placed about 20 Claymores all around and they do most of the work for you when you do the download (I never actually even saw anyone during that download time).

When they're clear take any surviving turrets (we usually just had one) and bring it back to the middle house. We used 10 claymores here as it's the easiest house to defend. Then we used all the Claymores we had left (20) to defend the house closest to the start/end.

Working backwards like this makes it so you are already right next to the Honey Badger at the end of the mission so you don't have to fight your way back down the street. Other advantages are that you have 3 sentry turrets for the furthest house, and should still have one for the middle house like you normally would. Also any of the Claymores that aren't tripped during the defense of the far house may kill ememies that spawn there during the defense of the middle house.

You still want to lase the front of the houses, obviously, as you defend them and clear them. In the far house we were positioned in the wine celler and the hall next to it. The middle house we were behind the bar next to the computer. The house near the start/finish we were in the 2 rooms closest to the finish and just hopped out of the back window right next to the Striker when the download was over.

We kind of did this the same way. At first we ignored the first house, because thatis the worst one.

We went to the second house, cleared it, and set up claymores. The sentry we set up facing to look out of the front door and garage. My mate went upstairs to look out the front while I started the download. He then lased the house opposite that the enemy spawned from. The striker pretty much shredded everyone coming out, so it was pretty easy.

Once the download was complete we moved onto the third house. I set up the sentry from house number 2 outside while we cleared.

With house number 3 we set up one sentry out the back loooking down the stairs (a LOT of enemies come from here), one sentry facing out the other back door where the pool was, and the other from house two, we put in the garage facing the small door and garage door to the left. We then laid claymores everywhere and set the download to go. You might have to shot a couple of people.....

Once thats done, take all the sentrys down to house one. After clearing, set up one sentry next to the download facing the door, put one outside the garage entrance facing the road, and the other to the left of the download (looking at it) in the rooms downstairs there (which is also where you/partner should stay), so it faces the small window opposite. Also set up a few claymores in the same area, as a couple come through the window at the back. Once you set up the download you shouldnt have much to deal with. If anything the turret next to the download with get blown up, but the other turret nearby should help. If things get too bad, designate for the striker, but bare in mind the strike can damage your turrets.....

I have an almost foolproof strategy for Armor Piercing, and it can be done by yourself.

Grab a 50 Cal, and your partner should have one as well. Make sure you keep your Thumper (which is what you have when you start the Mission) Go up flights of stairs until you come outside again and then you'll see a ladder. Climb this ladder. From here, all you'll do is snipe Juggernauts. They can barely hit you up there, and it will never be for more than 1 shot at a time. Be careful, though. Some Juggernauts will enter the door on your right, which will allow them to climb the ladder to your sniping point. But it's pretty simple. Just fire your Thumper every once in a while to have Juggernauts drawn to you then switch your Sniper Rifle and snipe.

Thats what we did. Once you catch the attention of the first one after the stairs, they seem to be time based, so you can just sit and wait. Also if you need to trigger any juggernauts a player can run forwards, then run back. Below where you're sniping is a pallet you can hide behind that allows you to fire between the slats. If the other person has an intervention its even easier

For homeland security....

First we picked up the turret at the start and ran to the diner opposite side of the map. We got on to the roof and put one turret facing where you spawn, and one off towards the taco bell. Easy spot to defend, just pop themas they come up the two ladders. After wave one, leg it to the taco bell without any turrets. Enemies cannot get in here and you have to crouch to get in. Thanks to leaving the turrets behind, you dont get bothered a lot as the sentrys trash the incomings.

This is the funky bit. Throughout the rest of the mission, run outsiude to trigger the drone. Through the mission, we took out one vehicle ourselves, the drone did the rest. This is thanks to the drone pretty much just firing in the vicinity. It will take out choppers and BTRs.

When it comes to facing the wave with the first BTR, clear all troops and then leg it back acorss to the diner next to the petrol station. Face the turret here out of the right hand window.

Now thanks to the turrets you left on the roof, your job should be a lot easier, take note these are too far away from you to be hit by the enemy drone, which is the only reason they will stop working as the troops are interested in you..... In the restaurant just watch the door on the right, and keep shooting the enemies out of the front.

Do the drone things for the helicopters. BTRs should just be easier to take out with the RPGs left in the building.

lovely

Re-reading some of the OPs ideas, they're a bit vague actually. Take 'snatch and grab' easily the hardest mission on vet in my eyes, due to the Juggernauts coming up behind you when you snipe from the plane.....

I thought that Jug only comes up behind you after you've cleared out the enemies down the hill in front of the fuselage you're in? I just picked em all off and once that cued up the Jug theme, I slid down the hill to get some distance from him and wasted him that way.

I thought that Jug only comes up behind you after you've cleared out the enemies down the hill in front of the fuselage you're in? I just picked em all off and once that cued up the Jug theme, I slid down the hill to get some distance from him and wasted him that way.

Several Juggernauts have spawned behind me when I'm still sniping everyone below. You must've been lucky :)

Several Juggernauts have spawned behind me when I'm still sniping everyone below. You must've been lucky :)

Yeah, I read that on some other posts as well...maybe I was or it was a time thing. Who knows?

Do the claymores kill Juggernauts? I haven't seen anyone say to use them on Armor Piercing so I'm curious.

For homeland security on veteran, my brother and I used 4 turrets. at the start, he grabbed the first turret on the blanket and ran inside the diner, setting up. he also set up the turret you find in there. while all of that was going on, i was high-tailing it to that bank, i believe it's to the NW, next to nate's. as soon as he set upmthe firts 2 turrets, and i was on my way back from the bank, he ran to the roof of nate's to grab the turret there. when i got back to the diner, i covered his return, then ran outside and grabbed the claymores to put by the back door. so we had 4 turrets inside the diner, lost one in wave 3, one in wave 4. still had 2 left when we finished.

I have a strat for the Homeland Security mission, however it is mainly for people who have to do it solo (for reasons like your friends have partners already or w/e) and it requires patience and a decent amount of time. It is extremely effective and really hard to screw up.

All you need do is either hold onto your 'Red Dot Grenade Launcher Scar-H' then switch out your pistol for either 'Grenade Launcher AK-47' or the 'RPG-7'. I highly suggest switching out for the AK-47 due to the fact that you won't have any way to resupply your ammo with this strategy other than to pick up enemy ammo, which is 1/3rd AK-47's. The 'RPG-7' will be mandatory later, but there will be one nearby and a few enemies will drop them as well.

Wave 1: 20 Foot Soldiers

Wave 2: 30 Foot Soldiers + Predator Drone Online

Wave 3: 40 Foot Soldiers + 1 Helicopter + Predator Drone Online

Wave 4: 30 Foot Soldiers + 1 BTR80 + Predator Drone Online

Wave 5: 40 Foot Soldiers + 2 Helicopters + 1 BTR80+ Predator Drone Online

After selecting your preferred firearms make your way to the Diner directly next to the Gas Station. You may set up claymores or turrets where ever you see fit but they are not really going to impact the enemy's numbers very much. After you are done setting up, get behind the counter and get it the South-East corner. Now simply go prone and keep your eyes on the opening of the counter. As I said before this will take a decent amount of time, but when you are alone it is easiest to do it this way. Enemies will slowly make their way to you, filing in by either one or two at a time, until there are only 5 enemies left where they will stop being as cautious and start coming rather close together. A word of caution: make sure to time your reloads well, I early died 3 times due because I waited too long to reload and when I actually did, an enemy walked in and started to shoot me, so after you kill a soldier wait about 5 seconds and if another hasn't come in, reload, but if you get into a situation like mine, as soon as you have reloaded, take aim and go full auto, don't be stingy with your bullets when they're pumping theirs into you, you don't want to make it to the Final Wave just to get screwed then. When the enemies enter your line of sight they will immediately attempt to shoot at you, but there is a small metal counter that blocks their bullets giving you ample time to take them out before they get too close. Their bodies will pile up and their weapons will drop and with 1/3rd (or so it's just an estimation) of their weapons being a variation of an AK-47 you will have a rather large supply of ammo, plus if you want to swap out for a Red Dot or Holographic you'll get the chance. The enemies will throw grenades but only once did a grenade ever hit me I don't see why because every other grenade just rolled on the other side of the counter. Flash Bangs will also be thrown, they won't effect you but they will be a 'red flag' of sorts to tell you that one or two enemies will be entering your sight soon. Now when you get into the 2nd round nothing will change, yes it will announce the Predator Drone is online an armed, but it will never notice you. When the 3rd Round engages a Helicopter will be waiting outside, this is not a problem, simple continue to kill off soldiers until there are none left, when there are none left stand up and turn around, in front of you there will be a 'ACOG Sight SAW' switch out either of your weapons for it and walk up to the booths on the North end of the Diner, keep crouched and take aim at the Helicopter, in my experience the Helicopter was a horrible shot and not really a threat. As the Chopper goes down and you prep for the 4th Wave reclaim your AK-47 and pick up the RPG-7 on one of the booths you were just taking cover behind, then return to your prone position behind the counter. The new threat, instead of a chopper is now a 'BTR80' Tank. Now I call it a threat but I never say to whom, to tell you the truth the BTR is actually far deadlier to the enemies than what it is to you. When I played with this strategy over 10 infantry mysteriously died, and since I was killing all the enemies in the previous rounds I can only assume the BTR is responsible. After the 30 soldiers are down go into the crouch position and wait until you see the upper half of the BTR pass by, it has 3 white lights attached to it so it should be easy to spot, after it has has passed from directly in front of you, take out your RPG-7 and send a rocket aimed toward the front half of the BTR and the tank should be out of commission. Durring the 5th and Final Wave the soldiers will be a tiny bit smarter, and realize it might not be the BEST idea to rush in after you (it only took them 120 soldiers a helicopter and a tank to figure that one out). They will be much more wary of you and not want to just walk in so although a few may walk in after you, you will probably have to pop into crouch for a second and then lower back down to prone to entice some soldiers into your trap. Now when all the soldiers are dead and gone you have a choice to make. Take out the Choppers or the BTR Tank. I HIGHLY suggest you take out the BTR first, seeing as the tank is far more accurate then the Choppers are. Follow my instructions on how to take out the BTR and the Chopper from earlier and you're done..... YAY!

Now as I had mentioned this is best suited for people who have to go it solo and have a good amount of time on their hands, because there are better, and quicker strategies for two man teams, but when you are alone this is the fail-safe way to clear Homeland Security on Veteran. For reference it took me roughly 1 hour to finish the Op with this method but beggars cant be choosers.

Good Luck everybody.