Field Service Medal glitched

V4Vodka

Hi folks,

I downloaded Fenix rising earlier today, and aside from having to restart my xbox to be able to play online matches, everything has been mostly ok (I was able to re-up and get a few of the new achievements). The one thing I've noticed is that my field service medal now has a progress of -97/100 (I'm lvl 3). I was wondering if anyone else has noticed or experienced this, and more importantly, whether or not I should care. You can't gain any meaningful exp from prestiging the medal and it's already onyx, so it shouldn't affect Seriously 3.0 (I don't think). Also, I did exploit horde mode over the weekend to get my wings, but my stats weren't doing anything funky until I downloaded Fenix rising.

Hi folks,

I downloaded Fenix rising earlier today, and aside from having to restart my xbox to be able to play online matches, everything has been mostly ok (I was able to re-up and get a few of the new achievements). The one thing I've noticed is that my field service medal now has a progress of -97/100 (I'm lvl 3). I was wondering if anyone else has noticed or experienced this, and more importantly, whether or not I should care. You can't gain any meaningful exp from prestiging the medal and it's already onyx, so it shouldn't affect Seriously 3.0 (I don't think). Also, I did exploit horde mode over the weekend to get my wings, but my stats weren't doing anything funky until I downloaded Fenix rising.

Yeah, this happened to me too. Hopefully it gets fixed.

@ Ham Man 89

Yeah, that's what my medal looks like too. Again, I don't think it'll be relevant since the medal is still onyx and any exp you get from prestiging it are useless. I just don't want to get back to level 100 and find out that I'm not meeting the lvl 100 requirement of Seriously 3.0 because of this.

@ Planet

Ummm... what? Look at the screenshot again and "think about it". Level 100 of prestige 1 would be 0/100 for this medal. What probably happened is the game interpreted re-uping as massive deleveling, hence the -96/100 or so. So no, I really doubt it was intentional and hopefully this won't mess anything up.

it's not glitched. when you get the onyx medal at 100, and then re-up, you're back to level 1. you essentially lost 99 ranks. now it counts back up 100. also, as was already posted somewhere in the gears 3 forum today, one of the guys at epic confirmed that to unlock seriously 3.0 now you need to have all 65 onyx medals and be at level 100 of whatever re-up you're on.

it's not glitched. when you get the onyx medal at 100, and then re-up, you're back to level 1. you essentially lost 99 ranks. now it counts back up 100.

EDIT: That makes sense now that I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't mean it isn't a glitch.

Edited by Veedrock

it's not glitched. when you get the onyx medal at 100, and then re-up, you're back to level 1. you essentially lost 99 ranks. now it counts back up 100. also, as was already posted somewhere in the gears 3 forum today, one of the guys at epic confirmed that to unlock seriously 3.0 now you need to have all 65 onyx medals and be at level 100 of whatever re-up you're on.

Ahh that actually makes sense regarding the medal.

I didn't get a negative number for level 100 after doing the exploit. My money is negative for the horde money medal though. I was thinking it was a glitch as well because I maxed out the money in horde but I guess its not. I was gonna replace my save that I had backed up before I did the glitch. Glad I read this first!

Right, the medal progression is tricked into thinking that you deranked massively, but this is potentially concerning. Ultimately it all depends on what exactly the game reads to determine if you have met the requirements for Seriously 3.0. If it just reads your war journal, that should be fine since that reflects your level accurately. The problem would be if to check if you are level 100, the game checks the progression bar of the Field Service medal (that would be weird, but stranger things have happened with this game). If that's the case, someone who re-ups would never be able to get Seriously 3.0 since the highest progression they can reach in field service is 0/100.

Right, the medal progression is tricked into thinking that you deranked massively, but this is potentially concerning. Ultimately it all depends on what exactly the game reads to determine if you have met the requirements for Seriously 3.0. If it just reads your war journal, that should be fine since that reflects your level accurately. The problem would be if to check if you are level 100, the game checks the progression bar of the Field Service medal (that would be weird, but stranger things have happened with this game). If that's the case, someone who re-ups would never be able to get Seriously 3.0 since the highest progression they can reach in field service is 0/100.

This makes complete sense... although i hope that isnt how it goes... but also though... before TU3, Field Service sat at 0/100 when I had my wings... so i would go to assume it doesnt read it from the medal

This makes complete sense... although i hope that isnt how it goes... but also though... before TU3, Field Service sat at 0/100 when I had my wings... so i would go to assume it doesnt read it from the medal

Right. I'm not saying that that is how it goes since I don't think anyone has hit lvl 100 a second time yet. I'm just afraid of that happening since this is EPIC we're talking about...