Update News

well they said 2am UTC and that means 4am GMT+1. So it should be out already.

But its the same everytime something is released, they say a time and never makes it in time.

Im just going to wait and go and put a new floor in a bedroom :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i created a 40x4x40 at bedrock level and didnt light up at all and there spawn all types of monster including slimes you just have to wait at tthe spawn and slimes will be spawning i prefer torching up the corners. They always spawn near the torches, so i think they spawn where enough light is. Torchers dont have affect on the spawn of slimes..

well they said 2am UTC and that means 4am GMT+1. So it should be out already.

But its the same everytime something is released, they say a time and never makes it in time.

Im just going to wait and go and put a new floor in a bedroom :)

4AM GMT = 5AM EST (dunno if ur +1 means plus an hour but if it does that would mean 6AM EST) 6 AM EST is about 4 hours away, 5 AM EST is about 3 hours away. it should not be out yet. right now it is 2:12 EST

2AM UTC means for me

UTC ( )vrijdag, 13 juli 2012, 02:00:00

UTCRotterdam (Netherlands)vrijdag, 13 juli 2012, 04:00:00 CESTUTC+2 hours

and its now 8;19 and thats ehm 4;19 to late, still havent seen the update:o

Zslux, thats the time we in europe that are GMT+1 should get it.

Don't know how you did your calculation ;)

4AM GMT = 5AM EST (dunno if ur +1 means plus an hour but if it does that would mean 6AM EST) 6 AM EST is about 4 hours away, 5 AM EST is about 3 hours away. it should not be out yet. right now it is 2:12 EST

See the whole UCT/GMT to your current time zone is really odd.

If the update is supposed to roll out 2 AM UCT my time zone CST is 6 hours behind it. So that means, the update was supposed be out at 8PM I think.

I dunno it is very confusing sometimes. Either way, usually in the past updates didn't happen till around 4 to 5 AM EST. If not around 6 to 7 AM EST.

I guess it'll be out when it comes out. Can't wait for the pistons though...finally.....been going back and forth between pc and xbox.

the update is now released cause i just downloaded it and the skin pack hasn't come yet and it is also confirmed because i have other friends that have downloaded the update too

Yep I've been playing around with the pistons for about 30 mins now. Pretty awesome sucks though as I can make them in my old save but in order to get slimes for sticky pistons I had to start a new world correct?

Or at least hope that my old save would spawn them on easy...sigh.

Can someone help me. I don't recognize these characters

http://yfrog.com/kh596kbj

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1525/trialsskinsminecraft.jpg

I already know a few of these like who ms. and mr. splosion are but no clue about the scientists or the trails characters.

The scientists are from Splosion Man and Ms Splosion man, and from the looks of it, the trials character is 1 from Trials HD and the rest from Evolution. Not 100

% on the trials ones though

Yep I've been playing around with the pistons for about 30 mins now. Pretty awesome sucks though as I can make them in my old save but in order to get slimes for sticky pistons I had to start a new world correct?

Or at least hope that my old save would spawn them on easy...sigh.

slimes were in before and the only things u can't get on a world amde before the update is stuff that spawn but u should be able to make pistons

You know you are playing by the new rules right? If I remember correctly slime spawn more frequently in older version of the game like this one.

All I know is it worked for me twice so apparently I'm extremely lucky.

they were alot less frequent at this point.

the number of chunks has remained the same since notch first limited the spawns but at this time they could only spawn on the bottom 16 layers of the-map, something which by the official release was raised to 40 layers.

before the chunk limitation were added they were alot more frequent because they spawn in light they were just everywhere

The scientists are from Splosion Man and Ms Splosion man, and from the looks of it, the trials character is 1 from Trials HD and the rest from Evolution. Not 100

% on the trials ones though

I know what they are from... I don't know there names. I was going to add them to the list of known characters to be featured as skins.

Also is the update live?

From what I've read online, both of these work for the xbox version. I've yet to try them out since I'm on a random seed but I'm hoping that they do.

http://extension.ws/minecraft/slimes.html

http://mcslimes.appspot.com/

DUDE! Thank you so much for posting those links!!! I tried the second link before, but it wants to act a bitch on my iPhone. First link works like a charm :D