General Discussion Thread

I created this thread with the intention of having a general discussion of the game. This is where you can talk about anything to do with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.;)

I am definitely going to grab this game on May 19, 2015. This will be my first Witcher game, I have seen The Witcher 2 and some of its beautiful graphics/scenery.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to wait til Thursday, when my Premium CE arrives in the mail. But what race are the Wild Hunt? I've seen them in a trailer. The WH leaders armor, reminds me of Sauron! But his helmet reminds me of Jyggalag or Lord Marshal. I'm guessing they're immortal mages? Idk but I hope there are index in-game for me to read about.

I'll have to wait til Thursday, when my Premium CE arrives in the mail. But what race are the Wild Hunt? I've seen them in a trailer. The WH leaders armor, reminds me of Sauron! But his helmet reminds me of Jyggalag or Lord Marshal. I'm guessing they're immortal mages? Idk but I hope there are index in-game for me to read about.

From the game's wiki:

The Wild Hunt is a group of specters, led by the King of the Wild Hunt, which is considered to be an omen of misfortune and death. It is said to appear mainly, but not exclusively during the winter. The Wild Hunt can appear in the sky as a harbinger of war and other misfortunes; some believe it to be simply a magical phenomenon and not a horde of specters; elven sources refer to it as the Red Riders.

I'm going to start right after work this afternoon, but I'm still on the fence about the difficulty. Does anyone here who's already playing a clear answer about the difference between Blood and Broken bones and Death March difficulty? Both don't regenerate health while meditating, so the only difference is higher enemy damage on Death March? Or are there more differences?

Well this game was a fun waste of £45.

It worked fine for me when I first started playing, but I had to go out and now I'm trying to play it again but it's just getting stuck on the menu saying "Please wait...", I've tried everything closing and reopening the game, and even resetting the console, but it just get's stuck on the same section of the menu screen every time.

Well this game was a fun waste of £45.

It worked fine for me when I first started playing, but I had to go out and now I'm trying to play it again but it's just getting stuck on the menu saying "Please wait...", I've tried everything closing and reopening the game, and even resetting the console, but it just get's stuck on the same section of the menu screen every time.

I had the same problem but a hard reset on the console fixed it for me luckily.

Well... after two and a half hours it's finally worked and I'm able to play the damn game again.

I have to say, Death March is surprising easy. I mean, I've died on it, a lot, but that's because I'm so used to just been able to hack my way through enemies in other games, that it's taking me a bit to actually get used to having to dodge and parry, and only take shots when there's minimal risk, but now that I'm doing that it's not bad at all.

Well... after two and a half hours it's finally worked and I'm able to play the damn game again.

I have to say, Death March is surprising easy. I mean, I've died on it, a lot, but that's because I'm so used to just been able to hack my way through enemies in other games, that it's taking me a bit to actually get used to having to dodge and parry, and only take shots when there's minimal risk, but now that I'm doing that it's not bad at all.

That's what I was told about Death March as well and I'm glad more people feel the same. Should make stacking difficulties an easy task :D

That's what I was told about Death March as well and I'm glad more people feel the same. Should make stacking difficulties an easy task :D

yeah its defo easier especially when compared to witcher 2 dark difficulty. im kinda annoyed but i hope the game gets harder.

sure your health doesnt regenerate like it did in witcher 2 but the enemies just dont deal as much damage, shit i remember a lot of enemies killed you in 1 hit on witcher 2.

yeah its defo easier especially when compared to witcher 2 dark difficulty. im kinda annoyed but i hope the game gets harder.

sure your health doesnt regenerate like it did in witcher 2 but the enemies just dont deal as much damage, shit i remember a lot of enemies killed you in 1 hit on witcher 2.

You hope it gets harder?! You lunatic :p If it's any consolation, some of the Witcher contracts are fucking nuts from what PowerPyx has told me.

You hope it gets harder?! You lunatic :p If it's any consolation, some of the Witcher contracts are fucking nuts from what PowerPyx has told me.

i hope hes right i really want this game to really make me think how i should approach things make sure i read on the enemies weaknesses and prepare accordingly and get punished for not preparing which is something i really liked about witcher 2. if i can just go into everyfight and cast quen everytime i get hit then it will be too easy.

Lewie STARTED FF Type-0 on Agito. This guy is nuts :p

haha :D :francis:

i hope hes right i really want this game to really make me think how i should approach things make sure i read on the enemies weaknesses and prepare accordingly and get punished for not preparing which is something i really liked about witcher 2. if i can just go into everyfight and cast quen everytime i get hit then it will be too easy.

Try this: Don't use Quen the entire game :D

10 hours into it so far and loving it! The game is indeed not yet so hard on the highest difficulty but it's not like you are flying trough it. If I have any negative thing to say then it would be that the achievement tracker is not working for this game. So that would be a pain to track everything....

Only like The Witcher I on pc, good world, but game was kinda cheap.

Loved The Witcher II on 360, looked great and had a real rpg feel to it.

And so far The Witcher III is great too, but there are a couple of things that I'm not that fond of...

Dying in battle is my fault 90% of the time, but dying from falling down is so fucking annoying. Has happened more often than dying in battle, I need to watch my step :(

And the game feels a little slow on the X1. Having seen it being played on a pc and then playing it on the X1 was a letdown.

But by the time I've played it for 50+ hours I guess I'll get used to it...

And the game feels a little slow on the X1. Having seen it being played on a pc and then playing it on the X1 was a letdown.

But by the time I've played it for 50+ hours I guess I'll get used to it...

It's because the framerate is fluctuating and not capped at 30fps. The game generally runs in the 30-35fps range during gameplay, but much lower during cutscenes.

It will probably be fixed in a future patch.

You know what's kicking my ass the most in this game? The choices. Maybe if I had more background knowledge of the series and the factions I'd be able to make choices more easily, but right now I don't feel like I want to pick a side or that I really care which side is winning, so I've more been going for simply whatever choice I personally gain from, though I can see this'll probably screw me in the long term.