100 000, do you consider still an "achievement"?

Destro

I know it may not be as stellar as it was back in 2008 or 2009, but personally im getting closer and closer to that 100 000 milestone and when i do reach it, i will feel i acomplished something. I know for some big achievement hunters here it ain't that much, but often on live do i get messages saying "wow 80 000 GS !!!" or stuff like that, often do i check other players profile to see very low scores... its rare really i see people as high as me.

I would just like to know by curiosity what you think about it... 100 000 is my goal to get on this gen, i would like to reach it before switching gen, or if i can't, at least obtain later with only 360 games... not counting my Xbone games.

I must admit tough i did spent period where i would not unlock a single achievement during a month or 2... for exemple when a new GOW was release, often i would unlock the achievements of it, but then suck exclusively on its MP for months, not unlocking anything else.

I would say my first 3 years of Xbox 360 where way more prolific than my next 5... but i got back into more achievement hunting couple months ago... either its the 100 000 Goal that i look upon or i dunno... GOWJ is kinda dying so i spend less time in MP these days...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a good milestone, even if it is a bit easier to obtain nowadays.

One big thing to keep in mind is that the average gamerscore is only around 8,500, so you're far ahead of the curve. Admittedly, it may not look it when you look at the tags of most people here, but that's because this is a major hub of the achievement hunting community.

I'm not there yet.

its an achievement if you feel it is

depends how much time you spend going after achievements, how many games you have.

i wish i could spend more time going for achievements sometimes work gets in the way.

some people only play for achievements, so 100k to them might feel like nothing.

As far as I am concerned its still an achievement. I retired my previous profile at 108,000g. Due to the fact that my completion was 62%, and to get it up to 100% would have been impossible, and even if it were possible, it would have been very expensive. Took 3 and a half years. Nearly 7 months in and I am almost at 21,000g. So I am doing alright, but I game less now I am a dad. Which is weird, as I seem to be getting a decent amount for my first year on this tag. I know its going to take a while to get back to 100,000g, especially with or as near to 100% but I will still consider it an achievement even though I have done it before.

Interesting... Its crazy tough you would restart a GT over 100 000 just because of a completion %, especially since those game you will probably be never able to finish them anyway.

Personally i don't have the patience(is that a word in english?) to spend time completing games i don't EXTREMELY enjoy. First because i don't have the time period, but most importantly because when i feel its work and not entertainement, i think its pathetic(personal opinion lol) and really not worth it.

So i have lots of game at 50% of completion and its all fine. I still enjoy my GT for what it is, a reflection of my years of gaming on the 360, it shows what i played, what i loved, i think its a good thing that a game i have only 300 GS on it will show i just did the story and thats it, wich mean it was ok but nothing stellar so i never came back to it.

Sometimes i do look over my completion % just for fun, and i do try to keep it at least at 50%... but if i was aiming highter i would miss some excellent game and it would suck. I am not one to make 2 tag either...

Its true tough that a big part of "acomplishement" for me is my MP record and stats, wich sadly don't get much recognition outside the game itself, but i still have my pictures of them and i enjoy it a lot.

In any case, im pretty glad to be where i am, and there is very few titles i would remove from my list... Dead Rising 1, wich was my first rental, maybe the burger king game as well...lol and probably Totem Ball wich was so hard to get GS in and was pretty bad anyway. But so far i do enjoy going back to my list and see games i played, even tough i don't have lots of GS in it, it remind me of good memories and all

I would say it's an achievement. I hope one day I will get to 100,000. I have a low completion rates because I enjoy playing all kinds of games. I once got at least one achievement every day for a year straight. It was a fun run I had going. What I like about game score is I feel like it represents the gamer. Everyone has a story behind their gamer score.

Destro, Patience is used in english and you used it in the right context, that sentence translated perfectly.

I pretty much stopped caring after 100k honestly, I just play for fun now. I never concerned myself with completion, its just the number for me and 100k was my goal. I consider it a solid achievement and good milestone.

As others have said, any milestone that you're proud of is definitely an achievement. I was really proud of myself for hitting 10k, and 100k is definitely a goal I'd like to aim towards this year because I enjoy seeing how high I can aim for. It's all about what makes things enjoyable for you.

If hitting 100k matters to you, then it's an achievement. If someone else doesn't consider it a big deal then that's their problem. How it matters to the individual is more important than what a group of people think.

Getting to 100k is one of my goals. I'm not going to go out of my way buying easy games or play anything just to get achievements. I'll play what I want and earn anything I can. For anyone that just grabs the easiest games and hits 100k in a year or so, I could see how it doesn't matter. The more time and effort you put in to hit your goal the more rewarding it is when you get there. That's just my two cents.

I would say if you enjoy getting achievements then yes. If you just enjoy playing the games then many would not be bothered. I like getting achievements, but I rarely have a game over 70% completed so it's not that important to me. Getting 100k is still impressive though.