Achievement Guide and Roadmap

BiggD

If you know about the revenant glitch in reach then its the same idea as that. If you dont know about it then its simple. Get in the side seat with the sniper rifle and when you get someone in your crosshair and it turns red it auto aims on their head 90% of the time making it like having a gauss hog in a sense.

Hmm, I'll have to test that out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip man, if it works I'll add it to the guide!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.

Right, who in their right god-damn fucking mind made this stupid ass achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>.<

Cannot bloody get it, time after time after time I have tried but no, no fucking luck...

Haven't been this frustrated at a video game in a long while...soooo annoying >.<

Edited by wo ai ni xx

Right, who in their right god-damn fucking mind made this stupid ass achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>.<

Cannot bloody get it, time after time after time I have tried but no, no fucking luck...

Haven't been this frustrated at a video game in a long while...soooo annoying >.<

Oh, not just that achievement, but the one where you have to beat someone down after landing from a Mancannon as well. I can't obtain either and I've been MASSIVELY close several times. I've spent entire matches just trying to get either of these achievements.

What makes matters worse is a friend of mine who is playing with me (he plays for fun, not achievements, but he's always willing to help me with my achievements if I ask) managed to snag the mancannon beatdown one in a match WITHOUT TRYING. What did he do? He punched a guy who stuck him, exploded, achievement popped.

I tried to replicate what he did in order to get it more easily, but nope, I couldn't get anyone to strap me so I could punch them.

These achievements are FRUSTRATING in the extreme. 1. The maps really are NOT designed for them. The Warthog one would be infinitely easier if I could do it on Valhalla or another BTB map. Many of the maps have too much cover in the way, or the ramps are too large, or the mancannons don't take you to places where fighting takes place normally... 2. These achievements were NOT designed with "normal gameplay" in mind. Nope, they're designed to PROMOTE boosting. 3. The achievements are limited to THREE MAPS only, which makes them extremely difficult to get.

I know these achievements are terrible... I just can't wait until we get the whole "Earn a perfection on x map" again, like we had in Halo 3 DLC. When will we EVER get away from all the "circumstantial" achievements on DLC? Can't we ever just have achievements that come from NORMAL gameplay so you don't have to do anything remarkably special? Especially if we're only allowed to obtain said achievements on specific maps?

EDIT: Also, I have a new question. Would having the sword in hand make the achievement for the mancannon beatdown significantly easier? If so, I should give that a shot sometime.

EDIT: Also, I have a new question. Would having the sword in hand make the achievement for the mancannon beatdown significantly easier? If so, I should give that a shot sometime.

Swords don't count as melees anymore and you get a sword medal when you kill someone with a sword. I would suggest using the grav lifts on Harvest and aim for a beat down. That's how I ended up getting it.

Oh, not just that achievement, but the one where you have to beat someone down after landing from a Mancannon as well. I can't obtain either and I've been MASSIVELY close several times. I've spent entire matches just trying to get either of these achievements.

Not to piss you off even more, but that achievement glitched for me ;D

It unlocked for me whilst I was just casually walking along halfway through a match.

Didn't even kill anyone at the time lol.

The warthog kill in air is all I have left to get to complete the DLC.

Edit: as for how to get it, I have no clue for any easy way as that's the achievement I was dreading to do.

Edited by wo ai ni xx

It unlocked for me whilst I was just casually walking along halfway through a match.

Edit: as for how to get it, I have no clue for any easy way as that's the achievement I was dreading to do.

All my hate for you. With the intensity of ten billion George Forman Grills on the surface of the sun. Seriously. You suck, I hate you, go die.

All joking aside... it'd be nice if I could get the achievement that way. Also... WHY CAN'T I USE A SWORD?! WHY LORD?! WHY!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!

I am seriously thinking of just boosting these things just so they're freakin' done. Freakin' a, this is gettin to be stupid.

I had Special Delivery unlock last night, and I was no where near a man cannon. I think it was on Shattered, I do think I melee'd a guy (I died by grenade right after), but there was a lot going on at the time. Needless to say I was surprised that the achievement unlocked. I wonder if some of these are a bit bugged, or more sensitive (perhaps I was simply in the air) than their definitions say they are.

OK I see I'm not the only one. I'm fairly certain I was doing almost nothing related to actually get the achievement and it unlocked for me. I was on Shattered in combat and just got killed (as stated above). I MAY have Melee'd a guy but I dont remember. I just remember getting a death from the grave (which technically you can get via melee which is odd) but it may have been my frag grenade I tossed in the battle. Regardless, I was in one of the edge buildings and no where near a man cannon.

I'll take it though. ;)

What makes matters worse is a friend of mine who is playing with me (he plays for fun, not achievements, but he's always willing to help me with my achievements if I ask) managed to snag the mancannon beatdown one in a match WITHOUT TRYING. What did he do? He punched a guy who stuck him, exploded, achievement popped.

That may have been what happened to me. I do remember meleeing a guy, but also dying immediately afterwards and there were grenades going off. I dont know if I got stuck, or if it was frag grenades on the ground (there were lots of people around) but I do remember the melee kill before I died. It's possible I randomly had the same sequence of events as your buddy did and that's why it popped for me.

I had Special Delivery unlock last night, and I was no where near a man cannon. I think it was on Shattered, I do think I melee'd a guy (I died by grenade right after), but there was a lot going on at the time. Needless to say I was surprised that the achievement unlocked. I wonder if some of these are a bit bugged, or more sensitive (perhaps I was simply in the air) than their definitions say they are.

Please do not triple post. There is a Multi-Quote feature so that you can respond to multiple people at once. And yes...the Roadmap says certain Achievements are glitchy.

That may have been what happened to me. I do remember meleeing a guy, but also dying immediately afterwards and there were grenades going off. I dont know if I got stuck, or if it was frag grenades on the ground (there were lots of people around) but I do remember the melee kill before I died. It's possible I randomly had the same sequence of events as your buddy did and that's why it popped for me.

I did manage to get my "Special Delivery" achievement last night. I wasn't even trying, I'd given up on it, and was simply trying to have some fun on the maps.

Ran into the enemy base on CTF. I just started punching people willy nilly because there was no way I was going to be able to shoot enough of 'em. I didn't kill ANYONE with my punches. I got shot in the head and died. I respawned, walked about three feet, achievement popped. I was like, "huh... cool!". Didn't even get a kill, but I got the achievement. You know what? I'll take it.

Now if only there was a way to get the Warthog one without an issue...

Done this - doesn't work.

Correction; didn't work for you, but has worked for many others.

I didn't do this, but I did throw a grenade right as I died, it blew up and hit nothing, but I earned an Airsassination, the "Clay Pigeon" and "Now They Fly?" achievements!

I even saved the replay, because I couldn't believe it!