Official NFL Thread

Creech

Flacco against Jax? That seems like easy points. Ryan's good, and he proved he can score against a good team, but I don't know that he performs like that twice in a row. Rudolph is going to have a tough time in the dome as well, might want to look for a different TE.

Flacco against Jax? That seems like easy points. Ryan's good, and he proved he can score against a good team, but I don't know that he performs like that twice in a row. Rudolph is going to have a tough time in the dome as well, might want to look for a different TE.

Yeah, I ended up getting Donnell so he goes in for Rudolph. Didn't end up getting Vincent Jackson. Did get Torrey Smith but I think he is sitting this week. I picked him up for next week mostly.

I'm not sure about Flacco and Ryan. Despite being terribad, the Jags have done well defensively against QBs. Pittsburgh is giving up a ton of points to QBs but that might just be that they've faced better QBs.

I'm worried about Gore vs. Seattle but Robinson has just as bad a matchup and Decker is inconsistent. I'm going to keep an eye on Harvin's health. If it looks like he's missing time this week I might play Decker.

And it appears the Rams have ended another Cardinals' QB's season.

Ummm...I think the refs screwed the Rams just now.

By the 2012 replay rules if a coach challenges an ineligible play such as a turnover or TD they lose a timeout, take a 15 yard penalty and the play does not get reviewed. So the Jenkins "INT" should not have been reviewed. The refs only took away a Cardinals timeout. No personal foul either...

If the rules haven't changed the Rams should have had the ball in FG range instead of the Cardinals getting to punt and trapping the Rams deep.

Edited by bigbear.

Argh. The Bills-Broncos game was what I was expecting but not what I was hoping for. The the defense was, once again, sterling. Those guys play their hearts out every single minute they're on the field. Once again, Kyle Orton held onto the ball too long and kept trying to dump the ball off three yards beyond the line of scrimmage rather than stretching the field and using those talented receivers.

Also, dear Jesus the officiating. Buffalo was on the wrong end of a lot of phantom calls. That, however, is not relegated to Bills games. Terrible officiating seems to be pervasive in the league this year.

Argh. The Bills-Broncos game was what I was expecting but not what I was hoping for. The the defense was, once again, sterling. Those guys play their hearts out every single minute they're on the field. Once again, Kyle Orton held onto the ball too long and kept trying to dump the ball off three yards beyond the line of scrimmage rather than stretching the field and using those talented receivers.

Also, dear Jesus the officiating. Buffalo was on the wrong end of a lot of phantom calls. That, however, is not relegated to Bills games. Terrible officiating seems to be pervasive in the league this year.

I just ninja'ed you with an edit about a potentially major officiating mistake.

Which oddly ended with the right call being made but should not have by the rules (at least if the rules haven't been updated)

I've been monitoring the Post Dispatch forums during this game...maybe the Rams should move to LA...if the posters over there are an indication of the average Ram fan...they are fucking stupid. Like drool on themselves dumb. Maybe the people I know are the extreme minority...

Edited by bigbear.

That was a pathetic game. Rams have now gone three full games without giving up a TD though, that's somewhat impressive. However, as I predicted the Cards won another game and the Lions WC chances just got hairier. We hold the tiebreak over Dallas though, so I'm rooting Philly to take that division and we should be alright.

Fucking squeaked that one out after a really rough start, but a win's a win. Packers have a gimme next week against the Bucs and we shouldn't have trouble with Chicago despite being on the road. Winner take all at Lambeau? Yikes.

Rooting for Philly tonight, a win there should guarantee us a WC.

Fucking squeaked that one out after a really rough start, but a win's a win. Packers have a gimme next week against the Bucs and we shouldn't have trouble with Chicago despite being on the road. Winner take all at Lambeau? Yikes.

Rooting for Philly tonight, a win there should guarantee us a WC.

Really wish San Fran would've not sucked and beat Seattle today to help the Lions tremendously.

I would be shocked if the Niners win another game.

That train is off the rails.

Kaeperdick is bad and they should all feel bad.

ALSO... One more win and the Lions are IN.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/ohara/article-1/OHARA-One-more-win-and-they%E2%80%99re-in/a9d5172c-bd5d-433e-8953-2e9b8f6b5bd4

Could the Panthers be fortunate enough to be the only team to ever win the NFC South two years in a row?

Atlanta is the better team but they haven't been playing like it for parts of the season. That game is a tossup. Either way the league losses. A 7 win team in the playoffs is not good for the league. It was a mess when Seattle won the West at 7-9 awhile back.

Where you been man?

Atlanta is the better team but they haven't been playing like it for parts of the season. That game is a tossup. Either way the league losses. A 7 win team in the playoffs is not good for the league. It was a mess when Seattle won the West at 7-9 awhile back.

Where you been man?

Hey Ben, hope you have been well! I have been away at college and you cannot play xbox live while living in the dorms at my university without paying a monthly fee. I believe whoever wins any division should be able to play in the playoffs despite the record. Doesn't matter if it is a 16 win team or a 5 win team. I'm not defending the NFC South's mediocrity, ill be the first to tell you we all suck ass :p, however if the Patriots can win their division year after year for lack of competition, and the Colts can win their division because of lack of competition, then an NFC South team with a poor record due to competition should be acceptable.

Perhaps the entire system should be revamped? But then again, the NFL loves their divisional rivalry's they have set up. I have no real opinion on the matter as I haven't given it much thought, but I know my dad is big on just having it set up as everybody in the NFC plays everybody in the NFC and the AFC play the entire AFC until they match off in the Super Bowl. Then, there will be no more of the inferior teams kicking better teams out of the playoffs.

Hey Ben, hope you have been well! I have been away at college and you cannot play xbox live while living in the dorms at my university without paying a monthly fee. I believe whoever wins any division should be able to play in the playoffs despite the record. Doesn't matter if it is a 16 win team or a 5 win team. I'm not defending the NFC South's mediocrity, ill be the first to tell you we all suck ass :p, however if the Patriots can win their division year after year for lack of competition, and the Colts can win their division because of lack of competition, then an NFC South team with a poor record due to competition should be acceptable.

Perhaps the entire system should be revamped? But then again, the NFL loves their divisional rivalry's they have set up. I have no real opinion on the matter as I haven't given it much thought, but I know my dad is big on just having it set up as everybody in the NFC plays everybody in the NFC and the AFC play the entire AFC until they match off in the Super Bowl. Then, there will be no more of the inferior teams kicking better teams out of the playoffs.

The Panthers are 3-6-1 outside the division.

Falcons: 1-9

Saints: 4-6

Bucs: 2-8

The records in the South aren't due to competition with each other. When you look at teams like Indy and New England over the last 10 years their records outside the division are just as good, if not better, as their records in the division. You can't win 12 games without going at least 6-4 in non divisional games. In addition, the Jets were a WC team on multiple occasions during the Pats run. And the Texans were a WC team multiple times during the Colts runs. Their divisions weren't super easy.

But I agree. I see no reason a South team shouldn't be in the playoffs. But like with everything else its about perception from the masses. The masses perceive it to be a black eye for a team with a losing record to be in the playoffs. So its a black eye. Whether that is the reality or not.

Edited by bigbear.

The Panthers are 3-6-1 outside the division.

Falcons: 1-9

Saints: 4-6

Bucs: 2-8

The records in the South aren't due to competition with each other. When you look at teams like Indy and New England over the last 10 years their records outside the division are just as good, if not better, as their records in the division. You can't win 12 games without going at least 6-4 in non divisional games. In addition, the Jets were a WC team on multiple occasions during the Pats run. And the Texans were a WC team multiple times during the Colts runs. Their divisions weren't super easy.

But I agree. I see no reason a South team shouldn't be in the playoffs. But like with everything else its about perception from the masses. The masses perceive it to be a black eye for a team with a losing record to be in the playoffs. So its a black eye. Whether that is the reality or not.

True, I just hate all the media talking about how the NFC South isnt even worthy to have a playoff team because of the records the teams have.

I'm not saying the Pats and Colts are not good teams, they obviously are im just simply saying the Colts and Pats continually have gotten free divisional wins the past couple of years, because of how bad the division is to beef up their records just that much more. Thats 6 near automatic wins a year. The Pats and Colts (especially the Colts over the past 2 years not losing a single divisional game) routinely win their division because of lack of competition within the division. If that is ok with everybody, then the NFC South deserves a playoff spot without all the whining.

It is weird how bad the NFC south has been this year though, I don't think anybody predicted all four teams to be >.500 teams this year. In fact, many thought it would become one of the hardest divisions in the league.

If you look at the schedule the NFC South has had this year, it is clear why the losses column is so large, having to play the entire NFC North and AFC north this year, along with (for the Panthers) the Eagles and the Seahawks. Its been rough. But I mean, then again you need to be capable to beat anybody.

It is weird how bad the NFC south has been this year though, I don't think anybody predicted all four teams to be >.500 teams this year. In fact, many thought it would become one of the hardest divisions in the league.

If you look at the schedule the NFC South has had this year, it is clear why the losses column is so large, having to play the entire NFC North and AFC north this year, along with (for the Panthers) the Eagles and the Seahawks. Its been rough. But I mean, then again you need to be capable to beat anybody.

There were a couple issues. Atlanta has had major injury problems. New Orleans and Carolina have been bi-polar. Tampa Bay is still having locker room distractions.

If Atlanta is healthy all year (especially at o-line) they probably win 12 games. New Orleans and Carolina could have won 10 with better focus and discipline. Tampa was always going to be terrible.