This Game Is aggravating.

Armored Puma

I picked this game at a black Friday sale and it is very aggravating to me. I can be climbing and working on getting through the level and one mistak and I start all over. I'm playing it on the hard difficulty for the ahievement and it seems like my pistols are BB guns to the enemies. Does anyone feel the same?

• 3 weeks later...
I picked this game at a black Friday sale and it is very aggravating to me. I can be climbing and working on getting through the level and one mistak and I start all over. I'm playing it on the hard difficulty for the ahievement and it seems like my pistols are BB guns to the enemies. Does anyone feel the same?

Yes it is an aggravating game. It just seems like they didn't do a lot of polishing as there is times where I make the right moves but the game responds incorrectly.

The achievement guide here is a joke. 7-10 hours for completion? LOL. I've already logged 33 hours in the game according to raptr. However, I would cut that down to 17 because for some reason when I beat it the first time it didn't unlock Master Survivalist.

So I finally have the full retail 1000 but I don't really feel like doing the extra 250 in DLC honestly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Yes it is an aggravating game. It just seems like they didn't do a lot of polishing as there is times where I make the right moves but the game responds incorrectly.

The achievement guide here is a joke. 7-10 hours for completion? LOL. I've already logged 33 hours in the game according to raptr. However, I would cut that down to 17 because for some reason when I beat it the first time it didn't unlock Master Survivalist.

So I finally have the full retail 1000 but I don't really feel like doing the extra 250 in DLC honestly.

yeah the 7-10 hours for completion is a total joke. expect to be playing the game for atleast 15 hours.

the game is not that bad....yes, the 7-10hrs is incorrect (especially if you want to get all the treasures/relics)...don't use the pistols but use the automatic rifle or shotgun...it does the trick on most enemies...

from a dlc perspective (i did buy and complete them both): lara's shadow is cool and it was fun to play 'evil' Lara...the other dlc (beneath the ashes) was a IMO a waste of my money and has a crappy storyline as well...

• 2 months later...

Good game (mostly) with some so-so level design in places. Def not as good as the original TR on the PC :p

It's a shame about how unpolished the game is. I'm only 2 cheevos off the 1000gs; haven't got the Master Speed Demon due to the bugs (completed it three times!) and haven't got the Relic Collector as the dodgy control responses make the last one a PITA. Will get them one day.

• 4 months later...

This game is ass. More specifically, the controls are ass and the camera is ass. And what really pisses me off about it is that Uncharted came out in November 2007 for PS3 and did this kind of climbing around gameplay right. Nice tight controls, easy to use camera, very nice. So why the fuck did Tomb Raider Underworld come out a year later in November 2008 and manage to be this shitty?! :mad: Did they not play Uncharted? Did they not bother to learn anything from it? Why does tapping the jump button send Lara the same distance as if I hold it down? I go to a jump, hold A and go for it, and she soars over the thing I was trying to jump on. Climb back up and try again. This time I tap A, and she STILL soars over the thing I was trying to jump on. And why is it that every time I take a step, the camera has to swing around? HOLD THE FUCK STILL, CAMERA! If I want you to move, I'll move the right stick.

God damn, I could rant and rant even more about this stupid game's bad controls. Trying to get that last relic was such a pain in the ass because she just does whatever she wants whenever you touch anything on your controller. You have to get lucky and hope what she does corresponds with what you wanted her to do, otherwise it's a trip to the nasty blue lake and you have to start all over. Man this game sucks.

• 5 months later...

Have to admit I haven't played this game in a few years. However with the DLC being reduced recently and the game still collecting dust on my shelf, I thought why not.

OMG, I forgot what a complete pain this game was. The previous poster (mjc0961) pretty much nails it all for me, the sheer stupidity of this game astounds me.

Once i'm done with this DLC/Game i'm going to get in a hot bath and cry. Then trade it in for the 5p its probably worth.

Do not make the mistake I did and think its worth the 800msp for the reduced DLC, therapy is going to cost me more than that alone.

I really don't get the complaints. I mean, I've still got some dlc stuff to go, but I never found it the regular game frustrating (I did take my sweet time with it though). Shit's easy even on hard and without cheats. Guns? This isn't Uncharted. Lock on and alternate between kicking and shooting fast for anything but sharks, I never had a single problem. I'm not saying the controls aren't a bit finicky, but I've seen and enjoyed far worse than this. Including certain overrated ripoffs notnamingnames... :Angel

Edit: okay, the latter half of Lara's Shadow I can see the frustration. Not the rest of the game, but the timing and speed of the doppelganger can probably get aggravating for some. Still think it's a great game.

Edited by SmarmySmurf

• 5 months later...

I guess its the price for going achievements... I mean i play on easy, would there had be an achievements for normal i would had probably put normal, but i NEVER go hard first playtrough, because it would ruin my experience of a game. Hell even on easy ennemies take so much ammo to die its crazy, but checkpoints for the platforms part are very well placed.

So far only finish the first level but im enjoying it enough for the price i paid(15$ + taxes) Not sure ill get the DLC for this as i think its a bit stupid to pay 13$ with taxes for only 1 level... when i had the full game for around 3 bucks more. But well... maybe on sale some day.

I like Lara and i think TR is decent, but i highly doubt i will do a hard playtrough for this, i don't have time anyway.. I prefer to rank up on COD or play GOW anyway. These later years to be honest, i haven't play much game on hard exept a bit of COD and some lev of HALO Reach solo(may i one day finish this...) Hard playtrough are just too frustrating, they make me rage and i think virtual points are not worth it , unless there is a co-op option or i REALLY love the game hard.