I know the next setting (SPOILERS)

la_faker_81

I am almost certain the next game will take place in feudal japan as rumored, but I now have some evidence to support this theory. The following is not my work:

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_188017_thumb300.jpg

(writing by subject 16 from AC1)

Q. What is Yonaguni?

A. Yonaguni is the westernmost island in Japan, and a likely setting for the next game (or at least part of it). It is widely believed that an ancient and advanced civilisation once lived on Yonaguni, and that they suffered a similar fate to Atlantis' people. Buildings found submerged around Yonaguni predate any other known buildings in the world, so expect any Japanese ancestor tales to take place before Assassin's Creed 1.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

I found that there (its an article breaking down Assassins creed I's ending).

To be honest, did any information on that wall have anything to do with the second game?

I don't remember, but from the little i remember it didn't.

I think anything is up for grabs at this point, but most likely the time spent in the animus will probably be cut down and we'll start to get into the main story, the present day with desmond.

I agree most of the time will be spent with Desmond, but how are they supposed to know where all the vaults are? I still think the animus will be used only to find these vaults.

As for what was on that wall, the only thing that stands out is the December 21 2012 abstergo launch date. But you never know, maybe the devs thought we would forget about the other stuff :p

random writings on the wall most probably. also if you listen subject 16 mentions in assassins 2, during one of the glyph things, that he is near gettysburg and just killed a man. could take place during american civil war also french revolution keeps popping up but really i think london would be a good setting due to there being the tower of london, houses of parliament, buckingham palace and also a thriving river with docks. this would obviously have to be set in about the 1800's though. be pretty cool as would france.

I only posted the japan idea just to throw it out there. At this point though, honestly it could take place anywhere.....even my backyard LMFAO.

I'm hoping for an Egyptian setting or something similar back around the time of Giza. Let us play around with the egyptian pharaohs (there were a ton of them). Ubisoft could expand on "Adam and Eve" (although its still a long way off) and explain more about the early stages of this "new earth".

I am almost certain the next game will take place in feudal japan as rumored, but I now have some evidence to support this theory. The following is not my work:

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_188017_thumb300.jpg

(writing by subject 16 from AC1)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

I found that there (its an article breaking down Assassins creed I's ending).

You think if I collected letters from all over the Assassin's Creed Games I could propose that the next game will be in Rapture with a Big Daddy assassin?

Im not sure if the above post was a cheap shot at me or not (although it was funny), them letters weren't collected "all over". They were on the floor like that exactly at the end of Ac1. And as far as I know Yonaguni is a real place with some history so you never know.

You think if I collected letters from all over the Assassin's Creed Games I could propose that the next game will be in Rapture with a Big Daddy assassin?

...Ok, how epic would that be?!!

OT: It'll be interesting where the 3rd installment will take us. We could play as a couple of different assassins (one for each vault) or we could stick with just one. It would actually be cool to play as an assassin from japan though...katanas anyone? But, I agree, most of the time will be spent with Desmond. I just hope they can live up to how well they presented the second game.

I'm afraid that AC3 will focus on Desmond a lot as well. I mean they have to move the real world storyline along because so far they've just been adding bits and pieces, AC3 should explain most of what's going on, and when I say that I mean how Desmond came to Abstergo, why Lucy "owes Viddick her life", etc.

why Lucy "owes Viddick her life", etc.

Great point bro. I totally forgot about that! That story is sure to be interesting.

And yeah, I also hope we don't get much desmond playing time. I know this is sci-fi, but the story is already far-fetched enough. Desmond isn't a bloody assassin. I can imagine, Desmond will be a arrogant pric* while killing and he will disobey the creed without caring.

I'm afraid that AC3 will focus on Desmond a lot as well. I mean they have to move the real world storyline along because so far they've just been adding bits and pieces, AC3 should explain most of what's going on, and when I say that I mean how Desmond came to Abstergo, why Lucy "owes Viddick her life", etc.

You know what you'd actually be really surprised how they put huge chunks of the story in little bits and pieces of the story.

The reason she owes him her life is because while Lucy was working in Abstergo, the higher ups decided to eliminate her because she knew too much of what they where doing and they saw her as a potential threat. They sent some templars to kill her, but Vidic stepped in and stopped them from killing her.

We could play as a couple of different assassins (one for each vault)

this is my thought exactly. wether it's true or not, who knows, but it'd be awesome to split up the present day shit, with different vaults in VERY different areas and eras.

dude, i mean like Ancient Rome (gladiator era), Japan (ninjas) Egyptian (pharaohs and all that beautiful stuff), i don't know, i just think there are some GREAT possibilities for this game and i'm truly, truly pumped for it already.