What maps do you want in the Beta?

MASS DOMINATION

What maps do you want in the beta?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What maps do you want in the beta?

As many of you probably know the gears 3 beta coming in mid april will feature 4 maps. 2 of them will be Trashball and Checkout and the last 2 are up to you. Out of the 4 maps (Overpass, Trenches, Old Town and Mercy), only 2 of them will make it into the beta. Pics and description of each maps are in the link.

The time is almost up so please vote here:

http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=ABCz6J%2BQYyk

However, I'm also interested to know what your think. So please vote for only 2 of the maps in the poll. no more and no less.

Thanks.

Update: Official voting is over and it looks like Trenches and Old Town will be in the beta along with Trashball and Checkout. Feel free to vote here though and express your thoughts on the outcome.

Edited by MASS DOMINATION
Update

Old Town and Mercy for me too

Overpass just looks like Gridlock and Subway which where both maps i hated in both the first and second game.

Trenches seems like it'll be this games River & Blooddrive, by which I mean it'll be the only map I'll be able to get a game on for the first two week of the games release.

Old Town and Mercy for me too

Overpass just looks like Gridlock and Subway which where both maps i hated in both the first and second game.

Trenches seems like it'll be this games River & Blooddrive, by which I mean it'll be the only map I'll be able to get a game on for the first two week of the games release.

I definitely want Old Town in the beta. However i'm kinda torn between the other 3. I agree with what you said in regards to Overpass and Trenches. Mercy looks like a great map but since we've seen so much of it, I kinda want to see a different map in the beta. Trenches looks awesome and in a small way it reminds me of Ruins from gears 2 which way by far my favourite map.

Trenches has several small and tight ally's but has an overlook point that lets you see much of the battlefield (like the middle bridge with the flamethrower in Ruins). The setting also seems like the most interesting out of the 3 maps.

If it turns out to be the next 'River' or 'Blooddrive' then thats great. But I doubt any of the 4 maps in the beta will be the most popular when gears comes out (at least in the beginning) since people will have already played them and will want to try the new maps instead.

Either way, Trenches is most likely going to be in the beta since it owns 31% of the votes on facebook. Hopefully Old Town is able to hold onto 2nd place since its the map i'm most interested in.

Thats just it - you can vote - sure. But it really isn't that disappointing either way you look at it lol, cause they're all maps we've never played! + will eventually play the shit out of !

- I am just psyched for the Thrashball stadium, If I am honest :)

Still the way I saw it is:

Overpass looks a little to much like Jacinto - but I am sure the sinking mechanic when your playing will be awesome! - Just like Avalanche!

Tranches reminds me of GoW2 DLC Map - Nowhere - with the sandstorms.

Old Town loos frigging awesome and a setting no gears map has really ever had! - That should win the most votes on that fact only!

Mercy is the biggest !

- I was wondering though - Do you reckon like a year after Gears3 Is out will they get all the maps from 1+2 and put them in 3 ? - cause that would be amazing! -

Maps like - Escalation/River/Avalanche/War Machine will be sorely missed in my eyes. :( ??

Update:

Currently the vote stands like this:-

Trenches - 32%

Old Town - 26%

Overpass - 22%

Mercy - 20%

Update 2 - From the Facebook page:

The Gears of War 3 Beta Map poll is now CLOSED. We will announce the winners tomorrow. Thank you to all 10,000 of you that voted! Gears of War 3 drops September 20, 2011.

Edited by HorsemanOfWar16

Wow I can't believe more ppl didnt vote for overpass. The map sinks as the match progresses

dude i voted for overpass :/ ...on the real thing not this poll. but the maps are confirmed. Trenches and Old Town