Any ideas for DA3? (spoilers from DA/DA2)

Surprised this hasn't been made a topic yet. Anyone have any ideas where they would like to see the story travel?

It would be interesting if BW added a system that would incorporate not just the choices from DA2, but also from DA to the story of DA3. This would keep the series flowing as one story and not feel broken up, though it may be harder to incorporate both sets of choices.

Now obviously DA2's ending leaves us with questions, can it be pointing at a story set in Orlais? I would be interested in reaching into Starkhaven as well. The possibilities that Sebastien had during DA2 looked really good, especially if the story takes the aggressive side of him returning to claim the throne.

I think Morrigan and the Seeker should definetly be part of DA3, there's still plenty to tell with our favourite female from DA, and the Seeker's story is just beginning.

• 5 weeks later...

Dperhaps a meeting with the warden and hawke and have them act as you did in previous games ie if you acted evil as hawke he would be mean and insult. Also perhaps a home chest to store crap you dont want to carry abd dint want ti get rid of

• 2 months later...
Dperhaps a meeting with the warden and hawke and have them act as you did in previous games ie if you acted evil as hawke he would be mean and insult. Also perhaps a home chest to store crap you dont want to carry abd dint want ti get rid of

Perhaps, but unlikely. As the Fifth Blight is beginning in DA:Origins, the champion of Kirkwall is already in ACT 1. By ACT 2 the Blight has ended, and Qunari have not left Kirkwall. Although off topic, I have to give Flemeth her props as she asks the Champion to "Deliver a Amulet to mount Sundermount" and by that time, her body in Ferelden is being confronted by Morrigan(Hot hot!) and killed by the Warden, presumed dead, but is not as she trapped half her power in the amulet! That's a crazy, but awesome lady :D

Edited by x410xDragon

• 1 month later...

I'm playing DA:O as we speak and I'm loving it. I enjoyed the faster paced combat of 2 (admittedly I only played the demo) but after putting so much time into Origins I can see why there's so much disappointment in the second game. Perhaps now that SWTOR finally released BioWare will be able to put their usual attention to detail back into the third game. I also hope that there isn't so much pissing and moaning about the ending from over-entitled gamers that BioWare ends up being forced into a corner and has to appease people by creating an alternate ending DLC.

• 1 month later...
i think that we will be playing as the champ or the seeker

I believe they've already said that Hawke won't be the protagonist of DA3. And we won't play as a seeker since they're all female. Bioware wouldn't lock us into playing as one gender in their games. Not to mention it would be completely biased towards supporting the Chantry and Templars. It would also greatly limit the classes you could use.

• 1 month later...

i wanna be a warden again, just cause they're cool as shit:) i also hope they bring back the choice to play as the different races again like in DA:O and have different origin stories for each one. i want leliana back too, which is looking likely. shes my favourite follower out of every game ive played:)(or at least joined favourite with legion from ME2)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that I want a save game system similar to Mass Effect. Seriously, Origins and DA2 are close, much better than XCOM:EU (OMG HOW BAD WAS THAT!), but you still don't have the option in origins or DA2 to delete a character profile. You must go into your system memory, and slowly delete every single individual save file ONE AT A TIME! Some of that is the 360 software, not allowing you to select multiple files for deletion, or not having a way to move multiple files at once to a thumb drive, but really it's a Bioware issue, and is something they could have easily made work in-game.

Seriously, I'll love this game just because it's dragon age, and it looks awesome, but don't ruin anything by using a crappy career and save system ... be better than the rest!

That is all =)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to see what part the baby Morrigan was carrying has to play, a mix of Dragon blood, Mage blood and a little Darkspawn thrown in for good measure...now that will be one major character, if they decide to follow that path of course.

The other thing I would like to see is some more story content for Sandal, that weird mystical half-dwarf orphan who always seems to be found amidst a multitude of corpses, innocently taking about enchantments, having decimated all around him somehow with no sign of how he did it...I think his character is fascinating and I would love to see some focus on him...

And generally speaking anything that takes us away from the bitter memories of what was DA2, and it's position of; "should never have been released brainfart." I am hoping for big things, and I must admit to being quite excited to see it's release!