Hacked Leaderboards

I apologize if this has already been brought up and I don't mean to sound like an over competitive idiot but does anyone know if the Splinter Cell Leaderboards have been hacked?

I ask because me and my cousin like to co-op and try and get ourselves on them/compete with other people's scores and we're not seeing how some folks have an extra 8000 or so points.

We're trying to do the Hawkins Seafront level and scored 18,732 on Ghost Perfectionist in a time of 3:11 yet the top one hundred players tend to have scores ranging between 20-26,000 and far worse times.

I've wondering if there's a step I'm missing or if these times are unable to be competed with because they're hacked. I'd like to point out that by competing on Perfectionist and getting a Ghost score, we score 10,000 for not disturbing all 40 of the hostiles. We're just not sure how someone can achieve a further 8000 points on top of our 18,000 to hit the top of the leaderboard with a worse time, especially when we haven't killed, knocked out, alerted or disturbed any guards.

If anyone could help with an answer, I'd appreciate it. I'm aware that not everyone appreciates people that like the leaderboard challenge and these days, it seems there's far too many hackers to be able to legitimately try and get somewhere decent but this is another level of the enjoyment factor for me and my cousin.

So if anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Not to sound negative, but who cares about global leaderboards? If a game has one, it's guaranteed it's hacked.

Your leaderboard should be for you and your friends, not random people in India or Brazil that you will never meet or even hope to play against. You should try to be besting each others (or your own) times. Don't worry about anyone else.

This is not against you by any means, it's against every developer that seems to think that leaderboards really matter, but the fact is, they are all hacked within a week. Any game that has a leaderboard achievement (GRAW and Kane & Lynch as examples) will probably never be unlocked by the average gamer. Developers should be shot for putting those kinds of achievements in games.

To answer your question, I care about global leaderboards in this instance, hence the post. I don't mean to be rude but surely that's obvious, isn't it?

Please don't tell me what I should be doing because I'm confident I can do that too. What you should be doing is responding to this thread if you have something productive to say that answers the question.

I'm not going to explain why I want to test myself on a global leaderboard or why I find that entertaining. It's my prerogative as a gamer and as such, that's why I've asked the question here.

I'm not saying the leaderboards are hacked, I'm asking if anyone knows whether they are or not. The likelihood is they are because I can't see a possible way to increase their scores to that level. I was hoping someone with some insight would tell me I'm wrong and that there are plenty of ways and as such, I could go and refine my play style.

I do wholeheartedly agree though that developers need to stop this and fix leaderboards. I believe they can add extra entertainment value to games, longevity and replayability if they weren't destroyed by hackers. I'm sure that's part of their purpose in the first place, so why aren't developers maintaining the integrity of their game? It's extremely frustrating.

I like the idea of seeing if I can compete with people around the world. This game takes a fair bit of skill, timing and everything. When you're doing a map on Ghost Perfectionist and not getting spotted AND doing it in 3:11, you wanna see how others are doing too.

I'm completely with you on that one. I've had this game now for a week or so and I'm only about three main missions in because I keep replaying the ones I've done, beating my times, getting Ghost or Perfectionist and trying to improve. I would very much enjoy doing that against a realistic and fair leaderboard. It would keep the game playable for a long time.

Hate to say but there not hacked. Or atleast most of the names in the top 20 arn't. As far as that level is concerned i actually asked one of the ones who is at the top of most of the leaderboards and he told me that capturing points simultainiously increases your score, plus taking out all of the guards in a single chain combo.

Personally i think it's stupid how it gets you more points. Heck i'm up there in the top of the single player leaderboards on some levels. 20 on transit yard, 20 LNG Terminal, 66 Site F.

BUT some of the things i had to learn to get those, and how much i pushed my luck to get sections done. Fine i was higher and some one has pushed me down some of those leader boards. I was 12 on Transit Yard when i did it.

But the co-op levels seem to ridiculuse and have different rules for max score. I personally are 776 with 18524 in 4:16s Solo on Hawkins Seafort. Which is as good as i can get it pushing nearly every guard i need to pass, and leaving all of them untouched. Which as far as i'm concerned is prity good. It just deppends on how long your willing to spend learning how far you can push the boundaries. Personally some levels are ridiculouse in what you need to do for a top 100 spot.

Hate to say but there not hacked. Or atleast most of the names in the top 20 arn't. As far as that level is concerned i actually asked one of the ones who is at the top of most of the leaderboards and he told me that capturing points simultainiously increases your score, plus taking out all of the guards in a single chain combo.

Personally i think it's stupid how it gets you more points. Heck i'm up there in the top of the single player leaderboards on some levels. 20 on transit yard, 20 LNG Terminal, 66 Site F.

BUT some of the things i had to learn to get those, and how much i pushed my luck to get sections done. Fine i was higher and some one has pushed me down some of those leader boards. I was 12 on Transit Yard when i did it.

But the co-op levels seem to ridiculuse and have different rules for max score. I personally are 776 with 18524 in 4:16s Solo on Hawkins Seafort. Which is as good as i can get it pushing nearly every guard i need to pass, and leaving all of them untouched. Which as far as i'm concerned is prity good. It just deppends on how long your willing to spend learning how far you can push the boundaries. Personally some levels are ridiculouse in what you need to do for a top 100 spot.

The issue with that is if you check out the leaderboards for the Hawkins Seafront mission, they are top with 26,000 plus points on Ghost Perfectionist. You cannot achieve Ghost by taking people out in a combo - as I'm sure you're aware. Though if I'm wrong about this and you can show me so, I'll quite happily admit I'm wrong on that.

I did that mission in 3:11 on Ghost Perfectionist without alerting a guard or taking anyone out at all and I'm 230 in the world. Many in front of me though have worse times and 26,000 points. That's over 8,000 points more. As I'm sure you're aware, when you clear the game without alerting anyone and get your points, you get 10,000 points dead. The rest are bonuses for time, found paths and everything. So really, how on Earth are these people getting to 26,000?

We tried taking out every enemy on the level silently too, as well as capturing the objectives in a speed run and still couldn't achieve higher than what we did. In actual fact, we achieved lower and didn't manage Ghost because of it.

you do get ghost points for non lethal takedowns. If that's what they mean by stringing a takedown chain across the entire map.

so maybe hack all three spots unseen, non lethal takedown everyone in a combo? Maybe that's what they meant.

still not sure though as I thought you'd get more points by being completely unseen the entire map.

hope you guys get it figured out. If I was good enough I'd want to know too

Edited by Twitch142

you do get ghost points for non lethal takedowns. If that's what they mean by stringing a takedown chain across the entire map.

so maybe hack all three spots unseen, non lethal takedown everyone in a combo? Maybe that's what they meant.

still not sure though as I thought you'd get more points by being completely unseen the entire map.

hope you guys get it figured out. If I was good enough I'd want to know too

I'll give this a go later tonight. I'll complete the objectives and then string together a few combo take downs in different areas and see what happens. I'll be back later to confirm or deny.

• 1 month later...