Gold Cross Woes

I'd like some input from this board on the "issue" of the 10th Prestige. I hadn't really put a whole lot of thought into it, especially since I previously thought it would take me forever to get up that high in prestiges, but as I draw close I feel like I need to make a choice. Do I go 10th Prestige and face the stigma that comes with it? Or do I stay at the 9th level and ponder what might have been?

It wouldn't even be a consideration if I didn't get annoyed by the stigma so easily. The other night I was playing and a friend of mine that's a 9th Prestige by choice was trying to talk me out of going 10th Prestige because he says the gold cross has lost its worth, so to speak. Everyone has the impression in their minds that "gold crosses" are pushovers and that you have to cheat to get that high up. Let's be honest...how often does a 10th Prestige player do anything impressive when you're playing with them? They're lucky to touch the halfway mark of my own score most games anymore, and I'm not exactly what I would consider a great player.

When it comes down to it, I suppose worrying about a stigma is a little pointless but I'm still curious to hear some opinions on my situation.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like some input from this board on the "issue" of the 10th Prestige. I hadn't really put a whole lot of thought into it, especially since I previously thought it would take me forever to get up that high in prestiges, but as I draw close I feel like I need to make a choice. Do I go 10th Prestige and face the stigma that comes with it? Or do I stay at the 9th level and ponder what might have been?

It wouldn't even be a consideration if I didn't get annoyed by the stigma so easily. The other night I was playing and a friend of mine that's a 9th Prestige by choice was trying to talk me out of going 10th Prestige because he says the gold cross has lost its worth, so to speak. Everyone has the impression in their minds that "gold crosses" are pushovers and that you have to cheat to get that high up. Let's be honest...how often does a 10th Prestige player do anything impressive when you're playing with them? They're lucky to touch the halfway mark of my own score most games anymore, and I'm not exactly what I would consider a great player.

When it comes down to it, I suppose worrying about a stigma is a little pointless but I'm still curious to hear some opinions on my situation.

Well the problem with most Gold Crosses [me for instance] as I already got to the top.. And have all the guns.. All the challenges completed.. I just take the time to mess around with friends from time to time..

On other occasions like many others were at the top of our game and will dominate the lower levels.. But really..

Prestige can't really tell you much.. 'Cause to me.. After the 2 or 3rd Prestige.. I don't think you can really learn much more.. By then you should have your mind set on your strategies and guns/classes..

So, if you don't want to go to Tenth/Gold Cross because people will say you suck and you cheated to get to tenth.. Then obviously they don't know what happens at tenth.. Nor do they know the fact that the game has been out for years..

I still hear people go "Oh, wow tenth prestige.. What a no life.." Like really?

I only ever pretiged the first time and people call me a n00b, untill i double their score, rank means nothing in this game, i didnt presitge by choice, and by now could have easily reached 10th Prestige, i just didnt feel the need to prove myself.

Alot of the people with Gold Cross's are like the people who have a high Gamerscore and think there awesum, like it just proves you have put time in, doesnt mean your any good.

Well it kinda proves your good.

I hit 10th Prestige in 6 days...

So I'm Hella good.

6 Days play time? Or Six days with a bit of playtime inbetween, either doesnt nessicarly mean your "hella good", who tells people that they are good anyway? Need a 3rd person perspective due to chance of being biased even if your top of the list every match, doesnt matter.

I've come across loads of people on tenth prestige that are completely shit at the game and some that are really good.

The gold cross, in my opinion, has lost some of it's shine due to how long the game has been out. What I mean is if you put enough play time in, regardles of skill, you will get this and as the game has been out since 2007 it's more common to see the gold cross now.

Also, you can boost this in private matches with your mates letting you complete challenges so I say Fuck the prestige ranking. I am much more impressed with people who I see have a good kill/death ratio, ie anyone with more kills than deaths and good accuracy.

But really all this is a moot point as their seems to be more and more cheaters online with this game these days, people who have hacked the game with auto headshot bollocks and jugernaut x 10 etc and people tking advantage of glitches. You know who you are you wankers with sniper rifles on overgrown where the kill cam shows you missed me by a mile yet I still die.

I've come across loads of people on tenth prestige that are completely shit at the game and some that are really good.

The gold cross, in my opinion, has lost some of it's shine due to how long the game has been out. What I mean is if you put enough play time in, regardles of skill, you will get this and as the game has been out since 2007 it's more common to see the gold cross now.

Also, you can boost this in private matches with your mates letting you complete challenges so I say Fuck the prestige ranking. I am much more impressed with people who I see have a good kill/death ratio, ie anyone with more kills than deaths and good accuracy.

But really all this is a moot point as their seems to be more and more cheaters online with this game these days, people who have hacked the game with auto headshot bollocks and jugernaut x 10 etc and people tking advantage of glitches. You know who you are you wankers with sniper rifles on overgrown where the kill cam shows you missed me by a mile yet I still die.

Okay.. You are looking like an idiot -_-

1. You can't boost in Private Matches.. Have a nice day.

2. "Auto Headshot & Jugernaut x 10" .. Lol? Erm.. This isn't the PC version thanks.

3. It's called Kill Cam Lag.. The Kill Cam isn't always 100% accurate.. Deal with it.

--

6 Days play time? Or Six days with a bit of playtime inbetween, either doesnt nessicarly mean your "hella good", who tells people that they are good anyway? Need a 3rd person perspective due to chance of being biased even if your top of the list every match, doesnt matter.

Well I can tell you that Six days playing time is nearly impossible unless you only play during Double XP..

I have a second account at 6th Prestige with around 6 Days.. Avg. 20 hours per Prestige.. Haven't played Double XP with it..

So either you got lucky to be playing with Double XP or you're just lying..

Also, like Beef said.. You, yourself can't state you're good..

As for the accuracy stuff Beef.. I disagree.. I think everyone in their noob days used to just spray with the MG or LMGs for fun.. My accuracy is really low.. But now I usually use my M40 or G3.. So, it really cuts down on my shots fired..

I do agree on the K/D Ratio though.. Even though mines kind of low on my Tenth because I fool around a lot.. On my 6th though.. I've actually tried.. So it's a lot better :D

Edited by DRCL

Now that the game has been out for over a year there are a lot of 10th prestiges so you might not get the "no lifer" flame anymore, but I still hear people saying that to 10th prestiges. It's not really about skill it's about time you put into leveling, there are always games I'm in where people on my team just leave because there's a 10th prestige or two on the other time and they think they're too good or something. The ones I've been playing against lately aren't really anything special :s Just fags using M16's like everyone else in the game -.-

As for the accuracy stuff Beef.. I disagree.. I think everyone in their noob days used to just spray with the MG or LMGs for fun.. My accuracy is really low.. But now I usually use my M40 or G3.. So, it really cuts down on my shots fired..

I do agree on the K/D Ratio though.. Even though mines kind of low on my Tenth because I fool around a lot.. On my 6th though.. I've actually tried.. So it's a lot better :D

I didnt say anything witha accuracy.. did i? :S?

Anyway yeh i do agree with as you play more (not presitge) you become better with each weapon and tactics in general, especially when going for Camo's/Gold weapons as you find how to go for their head most of the time.

I've made well over £4000 from English and EU tournaments.

On SKY tv, XLeague, Prototype. XL. Matchbox 360 etc..And it's 6 days playtime.

So yeah, I'm hella good.

So yeah, I'm hella good.

That's great that you made money from the game.. Still doesn't mean anything.. ^__^

Stating that you yourself are good just makes you look like you're stuck up.. Which no doubt I bet you are.. But still ..

Before you go challenging me or others that say you aren't good because we haven't seen you play... Don't..

I didnt say anything witha accuracy.. did i? :S?

Anyway yeh i do agree with as you play more (not presitge) you become better with each weapon and tactics in general, especially when going for Camo's/Gold weapons as you find how to go for their head most of the time.

I meant Prime, my bad.

So yeah, I'm hella good.

Thats great to here, but who are you trying to prove your good to? Us or yourself? Im not trying to say your bad im sure you are a wounderful player, but telling people on a forum that you are "hella good" makes you sound like a huge toss.

With the money from the competitions that's good like you get payed to do things you love but unfortunetly we dont all get to play in those competitions, not because of lacking skill but maybe the location we live, example I live in Australia, im gonna admit it we have terrible internet when it comes to verusing people online from another country thus i am incapable to join such competitions, and if you about to say competitions in Australia just stop, the fan base of MLG in Australia is so minimum its depressing.

I only presitged once (or however many times it is to reach my sig i have been corrceted before and so am open to corrections now) and got all Golden Weapons as of last night, finished off the LMG, i have nearly compleated all the challanges, just a couple that are annoying like "How the?" and the one about regeneration 5 times. Also i dont play much more then Merc TDM and Domination so i havnt done much of the "play ___ matches of ____" challanges.

I only ever pretiged the first time and people call me a n00b, untill i double their score, rank means nothing in this game, i didnt presitge by choice, and by now could have easily reached 10th Prestige, i just didnt feel the need to prove myself.

Alot of the people with Gold Cross's are like the people who have a high Gamerscore and think there awesum, like it just proves you have put time in, doesnt mean your any good.

Why do you even care?