One of the worst games I've played in a while.

wariowarrior

Got this today. I live in the UK and work in a game store.

Its terrible.

Graphically it is poor. I wont go as far to say it belongs on the PS2 but certainly in the murky depths of early 360 releases. Level design is uninspired and the enemies are so similar with only colouring to separate them.

The combat is extremely boring. Hammer X maybe a bit of a grapple with B, no depth no substance no thanks. Also the magic system is needlessly fiddly and all the elemental powers nearly look and do the same thing.

The camera belongs in the time of pre Zelda 64 which makes the numerous jumping between generic ice platform 992 to generic ice platform 993 so much fun!

The quick time events try something new. A good point? No.... not at all. You have to press a direction then hammer B then either X or Y. Pointless, boring and plain wrong.

The voice acting is done by some of the main actors in the film as we are told in big letters on the game case. They are so bad it makes me not want to go and watch the film.

In short this is a typical movie tie in train wreck. Stay well clear. Even if you love Thor this will insult and offend your perfect Asgard memories.

Just started this game myself by the looks of it, it will be a crappy ride.

Also it looks like you will have to beat the game at least once before you can attempt to beat it on the hardest level. Im going through on easy first as hopefully it will unlock the hardest difficulty and stats will carry over.

Easy achievements?Is it really that bad? :(

Most of the points are tied up in getting all the feats. Some you earn by completing the story but the majority are combat based and by fulfilling certain objectives like getting through certain sections unscathed and all that jazz.

On the face of it seems a frustrating 1000 considering how annoying the game is.

Anyone finished? how long is it, cause id rather just beat this out in a sitting since i have it here now

I played the first hour and a half before turning it off. Got near the end of the 2nd major section of the game so probably, length wise, 6-8 hours for one playthrough.

Thor is one of the worst games I have played, and I have played a few.

The sheer and absolute boredom of hacking away at the same enemies over and over and over.

I thought I had got used to bad games and was able to play most of them to the end to get achievements, but I gave up on this after 2 hours.

The achievements are not only time consuming but are also difficult, made even more so by the fact that there is no level select.

I hate this game so much!

Lol I thought u were overreacting and all, but I went to youtube and saw this video;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=marNIaDmppk&feature=relmfu]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder - Alleyway Fighting Gameplay[/ame]

Oke, maybe you're all right, it does suck xd this is horrible, I'd be ashamed to put something like this on the market, tsk, u saved me from buying yet another horrible game :D

That gameplay isnt xbox 360 think it the wii version. In my opinion the game isnt all that bad comparing it to other movie to video games that ive played like clash of the titans .Its worth a rent if you like hack n slash and have nothing else to play.

I don't get it, why it had to be Sega that got agreement with Marvel? All of those games are pure garbage. They're making Captain America as well, so I dont't expect anything better this time. Activision (Raven Software) should get the license (I think they didn't even talk to Marvel about that), they made by far the best game based on a movie and that was X-Man Origins: Wolverine. Now, instead of a quality games that we could get with different studio we get garbage from Sega, well done Marvel, well done Sega.

Edited by LoD WheeZzy

I've played some real bombs in my day but this has to be in the top 3 shittiest games EVER made. And takes the cake easily for worst movie tie-in game. I mean seriously this is just plain junk. How could it even be released? I would be embarassed to have my name roll on the credits at the end of the game. Too bad I won't be able to make it to the end. With glitches and stupid ass controls, this isn't worth my time.