Asteroids, Shooting Gallery, and now Basketball

KRS

First I had trouble with Don't Get Cocky Kid. best effort so far is about 45%. I set aside my save and moved on, planning on going back and trying some more later. At least I am not alone on this one.

Then I came to the shooting gallery. Spent a good amount of time working on that one on two different nights and have only been able to get up to 19/20 on level five. So I set aside another save to try for Crackshot later on. A bit more practice and I should be able to nail it.

Then the same night I got to the basketball court. Z-Baller should be a cinch, right? I haven't seen threads about it and it seems simple enough. But yet again, I phailed. When it gets to the part where the covers are sliding back and forth over the baskets, I run out of time before getting to the score.

These are all low point tasks that don't prevent story progression, but it is frustrating.

Can anyone give some tips for basketball in particular? I jump to the closest wooden platform and kinesis the ball to me. Then I aim and shoot. Is there more that I should be doing to speed things up? And what of those annoying covers that move over the baskets? They always slow me down.

Halp?

Thanks man - I just checked it out. He makes it look so easy - aiming and not hitting the sliding covers takes me a lot longer than that. I guess I'll need more practice.

I'm still confused a bit by the score. Some people in the video comments said they got the cheevo/trophy without beating the score on one or more of the levels.

Got basketball last night. Wasn't that bad once I stopped trying to figure out what platform to be on. I didn't beat the high score on each level either - one was only 17 points - and it still unlocked.

Yay me. :)

Z-Ball was easy. I just stood at the back of the closest platform and caught the ball as soon as it came out and put it back into the flashing hole. I never moved once I started.

I got the shooting gallery using the secondary fire on the pulse rifle, i.e. beams horizontal. Keep you rifle at the ready at height level of the feet/knees of the back row men. This limits the vertical movement you will need to do.

Finally got the shooting gallery the other night. Pulse rifle plus an easier rotation of the red and blue dummies helped a lot. I'm down to only four ch33v0s left on my quest for 1000.

Great game. I can't imagine what DLC they could really do for it - here's hoping they just invest the time in making DS2.

Finally got the shooting gallery the other night. Pulse rifle plus an easier rotation of the red and blue dummies helped a lot. I'm down to only four ch33v0s left on my quest for 1000.

Great game. I can't imagine what DLC they could really do for it - here's hoping they just invest the time in making DS2.

I hope your right, Im a little overwhelmed with all the DLC thats being released

Gears of War 2

Mirrors Edge

Fallout 3

GTA IV

Guitar Hero tracks

etc.

and I just started playing Battlefield again trying to get my 10,002 kills

very frustrating trying to play all

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I had a glitch too. On basketball.

I was playing on level 4 and have to pause the game to feed my baby !!!!...

After 15 mn my pad was off so to restart the game i push the guide button to put the pad on and restart the game so the level ups to 6 and i lost 19/22 but i had the achievement. !!!! ???? so strange !

Hello

I had a glitch too. On basketball.

I was playing on level 4 and have to pause the game to feed my baby !!!!...

After 15 mn my pad was off so to restart the game i push the guide button to put the pad on and restart the game so the level ups to 6 and i lost 19/22 but i had the achievement. !!!! ???? so strange !

Pausing to give a baby a bottle - been there.

I found Z-Baller really easy actually, I did all 6 levels in one sitting in about 20 minutes. From the activation platform I just Z-Jumped to the platform closest to you towards the baskets. If you're quick, you can grab the first ball out, then just whack it in the basket. If you can, try and get the ball as soon as it comes out of the basket. Don't go too close otherwise you'll run the risk of missing it and losing time. It really helps to have your Kinesis module upgraded to max range. I only lost a level once when somehow I shot it in a basket just as the cover was closing, but it didn't register the basket, so the ball was stuck behind it and it didn't open for a good 30 seconds, which was annoying, but I had no problems getting at least 25 on every level.

I managed to miss the shooting gallery on my first playthrough, so I'm gonna head over there whilst getting 'maxed out'.

The one I'm going to have the most problems with is Don't Get Cocky, Son...I've set aside a save for that one, and that's gonna take me a while...my best one is about 45%...I just keep getting really unfair scripts, like 2 massive rocks coming at me at once...Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I found Z-Baller really easy actually, I did all 6 levels in one sitting in about 20 minutes. From the activation platform I just Z-Jumped to the platform closest to you towards the baskets. If you're quick, you can grab the first ball out, then just whack it in the basket. If you can, try and get the ball as soon as it comes out of the basket. Don't go too close otherwise you'll run the risk of missing it and losing time. It really helps to have your Kinesis module upgraded to max range. I only lost a level once when somehow I shot it in a basket just as the cover was closing, but it didn't register the basket, so the ball was stuck behind it and it didn't open for a good 30 seconds, which was annoying, but I had no problems getting at least 25 on every level.

I managed to miss the shooting gallery on my first playthrough, so I'm gonna head over there whilst getting 'maxed out'.

The one I'm going to have the most problems with is Don't Get Cocky, Son...I've set aside a save for that one, and that's gonna take me a while...my best one is about 45%...I just keep getting really unfair scripts, like 2 massive rocks coming at me at once...Any tips?

two is not so bad my problem is that 3 or more keep coming just before or after he speaks for the third and last time before it is over.

edit: after several hours over 3 days i finally did the 'don't get cocky, kid'. they were right just stick to it.

Edited by dah884