Hardcore glitch/ keep save progress(use if u like)

If u die in hardcore no worries no more. When u die hit the home button on your controller then go to manage game than delete your local save. It will reboot your game and sync to the cloud, from there when you check your character data you probably lost maybe 1 or 2 levels from when the game last synced to the cloud.

(warning this is the only way possible, do not quit the game first or else it will sync to cloud)

Good luck!

ok so maybe I'm a little slow but I haven't been able to get this to work. I've made a couple low levels and gotten them to like level 5 to try this method where you dashboard and quickly go to manage game I've deleted both system save on one try and everything save on the other try and neither allow me to go back in and continue on with the dead hardcore character, is there something I'm doing wrong, it just makes me make a new character from scratch. YouTube video would be kind of nice if someone could make or find one

FYI: I made a HC sorc yesterday after my save file was deleted. I figured if i died I could use this glitch for recovery and I had nothing left to risk. Anyways, I'm level 50 now just from playing on normal and rifting alone, and i havent died once. This is around ten hours gameplay.

What i'm saying is, the achievement isn't that hard or time consuming anyway so think carefully before taking the risk.

I got my HC level 70 achievement today. I must admit I died twice, playing online with randoms, but was able to recover my save with this method. This time it worked fine, and I was happy to try again as I had no other characters to lose. So the method is a bit hit and miss, but it does work most of the time.

If you are going to adopt the method, I'd recommend doing it ASAP, just in case the worst should happen, you would only lose a weeks work.

If you are going to go for it either way I'd recommend normal difficulty solo. It'll take around 20ish hours but you will be pretty safe.

Ok so if for some reason it doesn't work and I delete my local, will all my characters get erased? When I was doing this trick on a different profile, it made me make characters from scratch. If I lose my hardcore then whatever I guess, but I don't want to lose my 61 crusader.

New player to the series here (and my first time running HC). Jumped straight into a Expert level, Adventure mode fight, against the final boss of Act V and nearly lost it all.

In seeing that I was clearly getting my ass handed to me, and being on the brink of death, I paused the game, hit quit, lost nothing.

Appreciate that's likely common sense for the practiced, but it was a welcome discovery for me.

Relieved not to have lost my level 64 :)

Ok so if for some reason it doesn't work and I delete my local, will all my characters get erased? When I was doing this trick on a different profile, it made me make characters from scratch. If I lose my hardcore then whatever I guess, but I don't want to lose my 61 crusader.

I've done this trick 5 times now. First time, it worked. Second time it erased my entire account (all characters and loot), then I started over and the other three times it worked. Glad to not have to do it again

Luckily I didn't have to chance it, just beat HC Malthael with a crusader, now just to grind to 70 carefully. It's not too hard for people going for it, some people are paying witch doctor but I found that a smite/shield throw crusader build with all defensive passives made it a little slower but I had a lot of survivability. In short, slow is the way to go, at least for me.

I've never attempted Hardcore...but do the mobs increase in difficulty over their counterparts in playing in normal mode?

No. The difference between normal mode (not to be confused with "Normal" Difficulty) and Hardcore is the following:

1. In hardcore, if you die, you lose everything not in your stash. Your character is DEAD, GONE, etc.

2. Your Hardcore Stash and your regular Stash are separate.

3. Your Hardcore Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic are separate.

It's no harder than regular mode, except that all those things make it a little bit more "challenging", not really more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to level 66 and got a bit too comfortable plowing through bounties on hard with little to no problems unless multiple elites at the same time but then from out of nowhere I got surrounded by them exploding guys and within a blink of an eye I saw my health bar completely empty so paused as soon as that happened and had a mini heart attack like "oh f....!"

Knew this thread existed so had a quick read and followed the guys video and deleted my save from console only, turned off my xbox and switched back on, I was dreading losing my other characters and was thinking no chance of hell am I restarting then got back into game and it synced to whatever and thank the heavens my characters still there including my hardcore one.

So thank you very much and I shall take these next 4 levels with much caution.