Best cars per level

Tenny80

D-any muscle car

C- cuda 426 hemi and 250 testa rossa (both are barn finds)

B- WRX STI '11

A- Ford GT

S- 458 spider and gallardo lp570-4 superleggera

i haven't messed around with the R classes yet.

B Subaru WRX 2011

A Evo X

S Subaru 22b

R3 Aventador

R2 Aventador

R1 Aventador

C and lower pretty much anything lol

And if I am keeping cars within class I just add power upgrades - not handling

i am going to take a guess and say you are a big fan of AWD? lol

what is your method to upgrading AWD cars? i usually get brakes/differential, then try to squeeze as much speed/accel as i can into it. in FM2/3/4 i would get all the handling upgrades, but i feel like they're not needed in this game. let me know whats the best way to go about upgrading in this game. i see you post on the official forums, so i will gladly take any advice.

I feel like this game definately favor AWD, too. It's very gran truismo (3) feel, which definately favored AWD.

I've played in the evora, and I like the f40, but in B and A class I've had a blast in the Subaru WRX. SatNite favors the Peugeot in lower classes and in one town he beat my time from a standing start in it. :confused: I plan on trying it out. But im saving credits for the time being, not sure of which cars are gifted on showcases etc, so after I get some more single player under me, before having a crack at the leaderboards.

SatNiteEduardo is one seriously elite tuner, you should see some of his setups from FM4, including a few he made for me. I'd take any tuning / car advice he posts as gospel, he's got 1000/1000 on Horizon, 1250/1250 on FM4 and 1000/1000 on FM3 off the top of my head and seeing his gameplay is pretty wicked. And yes, Horizon heavily favors AWD, which was a large upgrade in FM4...it's now become almost stupid not to use, especially if you play with traction control and abs off or use standard transmission.

Thanks again for all your help with FM4, Eduardo. :)

hey neverendr, just noticed your profile says you're from forest hill. if you ever see a blue mustang in the fallston/bel air area it might be me.

and i know SatNiteEduardo is good, that's why i was asking for some advice. i have made tunes in the past forzas as well, and in FM4 i got really into it. but this game is all based on builds since you can't fine tune anything.

Damn, SatNiteEduardo. That's some pretty good advice right there. I just won 4 races in a row in various classes and i'm not even any good at this game. Kudos :)

Edit - 5 in a row.

Edit2 - Ok, 6 in a row, starting to wonder now if your advice was rubbish and I just happen to have walked into a lobby full of noobs ;)

Edited by Rivercurse

I really dont see how AWD is favored in this game. My personal opinion is AWD > RWD > FWD. I find RWD to be favored in this game not AWD. GTR for example is extremely slow in straights and I can pull off better cornering in a zr1 than the gtr which is absolutely ridiculous. Especially once you upgrade stuff on it. A simple Y-pipe change and a protune on a gtr DEMOLISHES a zr1 in IRL…

Dont get me wrong, I do not expect everything to be just like IRL by any means…. Anyhow here is my list so far and keep in mind that they are capped as in 99 or 00 of the top of the class plus I am going through the game pretty slow, completing every single challenge and trying to do all the outpost PR stunts…

C: Mustang boss (first biplane event, the one in the demo)

B: Lesbaru sti or your first car, the golf something lol

A: M3 or Grandsport (with LS9, that is the zr1 engine)

S: GTR or ZR1

havent done any events with the other classes so i cant say much.

For 95% of multiplayer races AWD will demolish the field provided they are not in AWDs as well.

The only exception is the long highway races where I go with whatever car has the highest speed rating and I do not look at the drivetrain.

In this game AWDs do not seem to suffer from any PI handicap they had in FM4 and the launch benefit and traction benefit far outweigh any perceived benefits the RWDs have.

If other people like their RWDs thats cool. Up for a race against me in an AWD?

I have actually given up racing online and mainly do playground games. All that happens when I race online is after the first race or two I have a target on my forehead and it seems like people think the winner is the driver who puts me into the wall the most at the start.

Someone asked my upgrade strategy for AWDs. If on tarmac load on the power and only bother with anything else when you run out of power upgrades.

For dirt max weight reduction, then power but maybe think about suspension and ARBs somewhere along the way.

New favorite car for A class tarmac, longer type races. Audi RS4.

Also the modern GTRs are pretty good for all classes.

Totally agree with you on the RS4. It's pretty good if you leave it standard but once it's tuned it's awesome. Same goes for the Audi R8 at s level, once it's tuned it's as good as the Nissan GT-R.

Just tried the Flynt Showdown with the Aventador but despite its heritage, it's a cumbersome beast on the tight corners. Thinking of switching over to the 599XX maybe.

Who done Flynt and in which car?

I beat him in the Ferrari F49 Competizione. Same stats as the 599XX handling wise but better acceleration and top speed.

Just tried the Flynt Showdown with the Aventador but despite its heritage, it's a cumbersome beast on the tight corners. Thinking of switching over to the 599XX maybe.

Who done Flynt and in which car?

I did it in the Radical but if I tried again it would definitely be the Aventador.

Turn in early trying to tap the apex but just miss.

hey neverendr, just noticed your profile says you're from forest hill. if you ever see a blue mustang in the fallston/bel air area it might be me.

and i know SatNiteEduardo is good, that's why i was asking for some advice. i have made tunes in the past forzas as well, and in FM4 i got really into it. but this game is all based on builds since you can't fine tune anything.

You've probably seen me around forest hill, I have a blue R34 Skyline and a titanium Audi RS6. I also ride a Ducati 1198 during nice weather. :)

I'm at the Constant Friendship & Amyclae Starbucks quite often, I have disabled veteran plates, so my cars are hard to miss. Say hey if you see me, my names Mike. :)

I have added the Lancia Evo to my list of favorite cars. Was in a lobby that was making me earn good results in the R classes but was smoking them in the lower classes in my Lancia.

Also the Corvette C2 was a very nice surprise. I got bored with the AWDs so took out my C2 which I had built the night before but not tested and smoked a street race with it.

Got a new R1 favorite... Well, it ain't the fastest in a straight line but the sound and the handling is very good...

Pagani Zonda R

All I upgraded was the rims, driveline and rear wheel width and managed to beat the last Showdown with destructive lead over Flynt.

If you happen to have pets; my parrot REALLY doesn't like me when I drive the Pagani :)

Got a new R1 favorite... Well, it ain't the fastest in a straight line but the sound and the handling is very good...

Pagani Zonda R

All I upgraded was the rims, driveline and rear wheel width and managed to beat the last Showdown with destructive lead over Flynt.

If you happen to have pets; my parrot REALLY doesn't like me when I drive the Pagani :)

I've been using this as it comes up a lot while in playing in the "Pure Skill" playlist online.

It's a great car. Sticks to the road and great in the corners.