winning the stanley cup in franchise

CxF Pr0v0k3d

i won the stanley cup in franchise.. i picked 4 teams, made the season 41 games and playoffs best of three. My red wings won the stanley cup but NO ACHV!!! did i change an option that i shouldnt of.. and it was on PRO just to let you know..

i also didnt play one single game at all, i simmed everything

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can sim the playoffs too.

Just go to playoffs in the franchise menu.

Save after each round of the playoffs if you go through and if you bomb out just reload and try again.

Worked for me.

Just need to get that stoopid Prsidents trophy and Stanley Cup in the same season now.

ANyone got any tips for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I also simmed the playoffs and had no problems. I'm currently working on the 3 stanley cups in a row, but I don't foresee any problems. One problem I did have was when I created a new failsafe profile for the playoffs. Simming on that one and winning the Stanley Cup did not yield an achievement, so make sure you're playing off just one profile.

hm, I have the same problem. played through a conplete season (in franchise mode on all star difficulty with sliders adjusted) with a created team but didn't get the achievment even though I pretty much won every trophy, the season and the stanley cup. I used one profile but didn't save after every game, only after a couple of games. I didn't sim more than 5 games, the rest I played with the 1 minute setting. Can anyone please help me out and tell me what I did wrong? since I rented this game I would like to get the three franchise achievments as soon as possible. thanks for your help and cheers, chris

hi there, it's me again. just finished second season in franchise mode and again won stanley cup and presidents trophy but again no achievment. it' quite obvious that i'm doing something wrong (sliders or maybe something in the set-up). it would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. i rented this game and already put lot's of time in this and would like to get the franchise achievments before returning the game tomorrow. all help is apreciated. thanks, chris

hm, I have the same problem. played through a conplete season (in franchise mode on all star difficulty with sliders adjusted) with a created team but didn't get the achievment even though I pretty much won every trophy, the season and the stanley cup. I used one profile but didn't save after every game, only after a couple of games. I didn't sim more than 5 games, the rest I played with the 1 minute setting. Can anyone please help me out and tell me what I did wrong? since I rented this game I would like to get the three franchise achievments as soon as possible. thanks for your help and cheers, chris

Perhaps because you created a team? I just used Detroit and won three times on All Star, and all my sliders up, and the opposing team sliders down.

I am having the same problem. First time i played through a full season with Detroit, simmed some games but played playoffs and no achievement.

Tried again with buffalo, played 41 game season, messed with some sliders on pro played EVERY game including the playoffs and still nothing, is this achievement flawed?

I think i will get all of the profile related achievements, then delete my profile and start again, perhaps there is an issue with my profile its the only thing i can think of

just attempted the win with all NHL teams achievement. again no unlock.

Honestly I wish they would test these things better as it seems it is not an isolated event judging by peoples responses on this forum.

I wonder how much they test the unlocking of achievements as this seems like one verrry tempremental game when it comes to this

• 2 weeks later...

new profile, new settings, new franchise.......... still no achievements for stanley cup. Disgraceful testing of achievements 2K. Works for some doesn't for others. Dodgy batch of disc's i doubt it.

Very annoying as it is my 3rd attempt at playing through, damn achievements ruin the experience.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Seen this thread and had to post.

full 82 game season, 1 min periods, on all star. Playing as the ducks I won EVERY single game in the regular season then every game in the playoffs and no achievements I've done it for 2 consecutive seaons and still no achievements?

I have a theory its down to the region coding of the console... I'm english, theres a german guy and an aussie who can't unlock these achievements. We've all got Region 2 consoles and the only guys posted back saying they've done it are from the US/Canada (Region 1). Although I would 100% agree with anyone who begs to differ that this 'shouldnt make a difference' My guess would be that as this game is region free it was only tested on american consoles and its buggy as F**k like NHL 2K6.

:(

• 2 weeks later...
OK, Seen this thread and had to post.

full 82 game season, 1 min periods, on all star. Playing as the ducks I won EVERY single game in the regular season then every game in the playoffs and no achievements I've done it for 2 consecutive seaons and still no achievements?

I have a theory its down to the region coding of the console... I'm english, theres a german guy and an aussie who can't unlock these achievements. We've all got Region 2 consoles and the only guys posted back saying they've done it are from the US/Canada (Region 1). Although I would 100% agree with anyone who begs to differ that this 'shouldnt make a difference' My guess would be that as this game is region free it was only tested on american consoles and its buggy as F**k like NHL 2K6.

:(

nope im region one and cant unlock

I figured this one out. I played a whole season at 41 games with no achievement. You can sim the whole season IF it's set to 82 games and at least a 3 game playoff series. If you sim everything (with the red wings), you can most likely win the stanley cup and the presidents cup within the first two seasons. You can use this for dynasty mode too