Problems: Day 06 with Security

sleeptonesbr

Before everything, sorry for some english errors.

I´m having huge problems to find an online match to have some help. I don´t know why, if it´s catch my region (Brasil), but it´s hard to finish the game passing by Day 06 with the Security. To play the game until now was easy, I already finished with the rebels but when I arrived the Day 06, it became a huge nightmare. The first part playing with the engineer fix that machine was ok (not easy), after that need to hack a missile launcher with the operative, and my team runs like stupids, and the enemy is very organized and fight well. I really don´t know what to do. I was playing until now in Solo, ou any online mode like Solo like I said in the top. Now I´m trying in Easy and it´s very frustrating. Any help? Anyone wanna help me? I really don´t wanna do the 1000gs, just some good points.

My gamertag is sleeptonesbr.

Thanks for everything! :uzi:

• 3 weeks later...

You can derank your character buy selling off all of your abilities. I would not really recommend doing this with another player as that will only increase the difficulty. Also, when hacking move into one of the side rooms and just pay close attention to the mini-map so u can quickly switch to a weapon if you need to. Having a silencer and the silent step abilities will help here so if you need to shoot someone it won't bring down the entire enemy team down on you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah this day 6 is a BITCH!!! I tried all sorts of combinations from skinny to haevy ith gatling, to see if i can penetrate the "all-of-a-sudden" impenetrable defense to disarm the rocket. I did derank myself back to level 1 for the challenges and it worked, if I derank myself again will this become easier even on hard or online??

• 3 weeks later...

I really just started playing this game, and I'm having some major trouble with this mission too. It's like I have to both fend off the enemies by myself AND hack the missile launcher by myself at the same time... my team seems to be nothing more than cannon fodder (and not very good cannon fodder, either). Switching to easy seemed to have zero affect on the difficulty, too, which seemed weird to me.

I assumed that I needed to be really close in order to hack; I guess I'm wrong? Again, I'm still figuring this game out, so cut me a break :p You're saying I can move away from it a bit to a more covered area? Do you guys suggest doing this solo or online?

I really just started playing this game, and I'm having some major trouble with this mission too. It's like I have to both fend off the enemies by myself AND hack the missile launcher by myself at the same time... my team seems to be nothing more than cannon fodder (and not very good cannon fodder, either). Switching to easy seemed to have zero affect on the difficulty, too, which seemed weird to me.

I assumed that I needed to be really close in order to hack; I guess I'm wrong? Again, I'm still figuring this game out, so cut me a break :p You're saying I can move away from it a bit to a more covered area? Do you guys suggest doing this solo or online?

I STRONGLY recommend playing with a friend as it's easy that way. Other wise there is a room to the right of the missile that you are able to still hack the controls from.

• 5 weeks later...

i've been unable to do this one as well. hit "cheeselubber" if you wanna double-team it.

I'm not even gonna try this one again without another real person on my team, so his me up even if you're looking at this a month after I post. I'll revise this post if I'm NOT looking to do it anymore...

Edited by cheeselubber

This is definately the hardest part in the game. There are a couple of strategies for beating this part. Some say to hide in the small room off to the right, but I feel like more often than not I get charged by too many people, and none of my allies seem to find me. I prefer to crouch behind the barrier directly behind you when you plant the hackbox. I throw caltrops on the right side, and watch the left side for enemies that get too close. I listen for the caltrops on the right to tell how close the enemies are. I wait until the last second to pop out, kill those that got too close, and resume hacking.

Hope this helps.

If you want the easiest time completing the game's achievements, I'd recommend having three characters.

#1 - Your 'main' character, use for fun.

#2 - Your campaign character.

#3 - Your challenge character.

This stops the bots being unreasonable, as they level alongside you. You being level 1 but already experienced in playing the game, it'll be easy to finish 06. Once that's done, finish the rest of the missions (they're not too bad, especially with a partner) with that character.

If you haven't already done the challenges, do so with your new character (for the King Of The World achievement).

To be honest, the only achievement I can see being somewhat problematic is the one for completing the campaign on Hard or in Versus. You should go for the 1000gs. :D

A lot of people in this thread are throwing the 'Start a new lv 1 character' line out at you, whilst this may work for the 'Tough As Nails' achievement it won't work for the other story missions which require you to play each mission on a single character.

The first part is simple, repair the crane controls. Play as an engineer and either constantly try to repair the controls and when you get down wait for a medic, then resume hacking. This is more of a kamikaze method. Or secondly, play as the engineer again and use turrets, mines and damage buffs to your liking. This will create a 'safe' area for you and your team to repair the crane. Remember you can buff your gun damage by holding :ls: too!

For the second objective things seem to become overwhelmingly difficult and your team seem to have a problem assisting you in ANY way. My first choice here was to become an operative and get the job done myself...Wrong!

For this section i remained as an engineer, i fought my way to hacking objective and just off to the right you will see a small, dead end hall way with 2 entrances/exits. Haul ass inside here and set up a turret in the left-most door (While facing hacking objective), and then place a proximity mine in the other entrance. Camp here and help your turret fend off the Resistance, whilst doing so your team will start to hack the objective.

If you keep on top of the enemies and repair your turret when iuts needed asap you shouldn't have an issue. Upon trying this method i done it first try.

Tl;dr:

Camp in hallway off to the right.

Turret in one door, mine in the other. (Play as Engineer)

Wait for your teams operatives.

• 2 weeks later...
this is the most insanely annoying mission i think ive ever played on any game, its just stupid! is there one like it on the Resistance campaign, or are those missions actually possible? if there is, im not guna bother and just give up entirely....

This is the only unbearable one I can think of...find a friedn to help or someone on the site.

This is the only unbearable one I can think of...find a friedn to help or someone on the site.

yeh ive done the resistance campaign now and it was perfectly do-able, thats what makes this mission so annoying, the rest of the game is relatively easy but this mission is all i have left so its preventing me from getting 225 worth of gamerscore! infuriating!

• 3 months later...

The starts a lvl 1 character may work fo some, but not for me! This mission is ridiculously boring, and it shows all the (huge) errors this game had in it's conception. The ridiculously respawn time, the dumb AI, the distance from the objetive (If the map have a lenght of 100, where you respawn at 0 and the enemy at 100, the objective is at 95), the horrible camera. In this mission, and in this only one, all this awnful part of the game come alive! How could they made such mistakes with thios game?