Opinions on the ending (Spoilers)

Darki Dreamside

So what are people's interpretation of the ending? Am i right in thinking Gomez was successful in returning the world to its natural order?

There's two endings, at least. They're both pretty ambiguous, but I personally would not interpret them that way, no. Although you could make a better argument for restoring natural order with the 2nd ending over the first.

Edited by deaddeaddead

I was just saying it resembled them visually when it gets trippy. There could however be a third ending seem as thought you get a new item the second time you start new game plus, it would also require all 3 heart cubes probably, just speculation

I take it the endings show the structure of the in-game universe. The first one zooms in on a single pixel revealing all sorts of structures the further it travels much in the similarity of atoms and molecules. The second instead zooms out revealing millions of "colorcubes" which create a static picture, which is interupted by the TV being "turned of", implying that the whole game takes place inside a fraction of your television screen.

I take it the endings show the structure of the in-game universe. The first one zooms in on a single pixel revealing all sorts of structures the further it travels much in the similarity of atoms and molecules. The second instead zooms out revealing millions of "colorcubes" which create a static picture, which is interupted by the TV being "turned of", implying that the whole game takes place inside a fraction of your television screen.

that is how i understood it

How do I aquire the 2nd ending? I've just completed the game and started a New Game+, will I get the 2nd ending by completing the New Game+?

You get the second ending when you collect all 64 cubes and enter the stargate again.

Surely it's just saying that you are but an insignificant pixel in the grand scheme of things, much like real life.

Also about returning natural order, when was it ever unnatural? The whole point of the game was, giant cube shows you the world is not 2D, giant cube explodes, you find pieces of giant cube and repair it. At no point is the world of fez unnatural, or in need of being returned to a previous state.

I've only gotten the first ending and I took what happened to mean that since I didn't get all the cubes (something like 34, instead of 64) the restoration of the big God Cube didn't work. And Gomez (and presumably the rest of the universe) died. Hence all the metaphysical inexplicable pixel stuff. Gomez bangin' the drums was something that happened in his afterlife.

I thought this was vaguely hinted at in the achievement, as well: as it's called "Kill Screen" - both a reference to the last screen of old arcade cabinets and Gomez's fate the first time through.

I haven't gotten the second (or third! If it exists) ending though, so maybe I'm way off.

Don't recall that at-all, and if it does say that, its still just collecting cubes, the world does not change and therefore "returning the world to its natural order" is not possible.

Maybe you don't recall the black holes? Definitely didn't seem natural when they started appearing in areas you've been before.

The hypercube states all the cubes are needed to stop this. Then again, the ghosts in the graveyard area tell you, "Do not trust the hypercube."

• 9 months later...

yep, i second this. and add this:

the first "out fly" seems like you fly out of a pixel. remember, a pixel is made out of "subpixels", each for every RGB color. so the "cubes" are the sub pixels, the other parts are the pixels.

So everytime you turn on your TV, Gomez goes on to a adventure to "build" 1 pixel on your screen. and million of other "heroes" goes on adventures on their "planets" to turn their pixels on.

and if all the heroes succeed, you get your TV screen! yeah! :)

now read this: http://pastebin.com/qsAgmJie

it makes perfect sense! the people talking about you, the player. you give them the new perspective. and the game FEZ give you the player the new perspective, that every pixel is a world where things live!

• 2 weeks later...