If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

You have to be freaking kidding me. I legitimately got to 29, none of that stupid "gift" bull crap. I have played over ten matches tonight and still no achievement. If I don't get it soon, I might murder all of the current staff at Epic Games. This is unbelievable.

Me too mate, got 29 legit and now it seems they have not updated the ribbon for those you have got to 29 legit.

Edit: They must have updated it today, as I've just given it a shot, playing Boom and snipe and it has popped.

Edited by ModernSith2010

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no ribbon for me. It's bullshit of the highest order. Screw you Epic. You don't update the forums when a ribbon changes, you don't even tweet, I'm still playing your shitty game a year and a bit after release. I want my 70gs - I fuckin deserve it after playing in nearly fifty events now just cause you can't program properly. No chance whatsoever of me picking up judgement now - that's one sale you have lost. I'm sure there are many more in my boat too

I decided a long time ago that they'd never get another dollar out of me - it was the lies surrounding guardian being available in private that put the icing on the cake for me. I got my war supporter by accident when epic fucked up in our favour back at the release of the horde dlc - proof they could've fixed this. But I've been following this fiasco for a while now and its just abysmal how they've treated their fans/customers. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. What's worse is game companies never seem to be held accountable for their unconscionable conduct.

It does reset event ID's. I tried playing Boomsnipes right before they announced this, and then after they announced it I jumped in and played boom snipes and got teh war supporter achievement right off the bat.

While I want to believe you, too many people that have previously done 25-29/30 events on the 'old system' and weren't gifted many, or any, event credits, are still saying that the events aren't counting for them. We have to operate under the understanding (for now) that it doesn't reset your event I.D. tracking.

OP updated with today's event change.

It does reset event ID's. I tried playing Boomsnipes right before they announced this, and then after they announced it I jumped in and played boom snipes and got teh war supporter achievement right off the bat.

This is so false/wrong/bullshit. If this was true, then everyone would have gotten their Socialite last week. I have been at 29/30 for the last 10+ events. If my events ID's were reset, I would gotten it today.

I used to be okay with just having 29/30...but this is getting absolutely ridiculous now....what do the people who have already had 29/30 for awhile do???

Can anyone answer me? Will I be able to get one last event without any multiplayer DLC, or are events only available to people who have bought DLC?

war supporter is one of the original achievements... you do not need any dlc to get the achievement. just play any online game and hopefully it isn't an event you already played in...

While I want to believe you, too many people that have previously done 25-29/30 events on the 'old system' and weren't gifted many, or any, event credits, are still saying that the events aren't counting for them. We have to operate under the understanding (for now) that it doesn't reset your event I.D. tracking.

OP updated with today's event change.

I finally unlocked my war supporter and seriously 3.0 today, i had 29/30 events before the freebies were given out, with only 3 ribbons being earned on the second event cycle. hopefully more players will report in, so we know how the final event affects everyone's war supporter. I really appreciate all the work you put into this thread, it was really keeping me from giving up on this achievement.

its been a long 8 months, sitting on 64/65 onyx medals, waiting on war supporter. After this fiasco i am not pre-ordering, buying, renting, playing or supporting Judgement when it comes out. I've been a part of the Gears series since 2006 and i cannot tolerate epic's bullshit anymore. This franchise does however have the best gaming community unlike other games i've played. Thanks everyone for all the help! cheers!:drunk

I finally unlocked my war supporter and seriously 3.0 today, i had 29/30 events before the freebies were given out, with only 3 ribbons being earned on the second event cycle. hopefully more players will report in, so we know how the final event affects everyone's war supporter. I really appreciate all the work you put into this thread, it was really keeping me from giving up on this

It better not be the final event as its still not unlocking for me grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Thank you, lifeexpectancy, for keeping this up-to-date. Because of you and the time you took to make this thread, I finally got the "Socialite" achievement last night. You saved me a huge headache, man.

Also, I would like to give a big "FUCK YOU!" to Seriously 3.0. There is no way that I am going to waste god-knows how many hours getting 45,000 kills and other miscellaneous garbage. I hardly ever play versus (because I suck at it) and I've wasted enough time boosting 30 onyx medals as it is. Had these weapon kill medals (and others) have counted while playing horde, then I may reconsider since I play horde all the time.

For all of you who are going for S3.0, I say "good luck" to you. I personally think there are a lot of (newer) games out there that deserve our attention over the grindy, grinding, grind-fest that is S3.0, but, hey, to each his own.

I may stick around a little while longer to get the "Again" achievement playing the occasional game of horde, but after that, I'm done with this game for good.

-M

alas, this event is still not doing anything for me. I'll play a couple more games and hope that the achieve will unlock, but at this point i'm skeptical. The fact is that I like how Epic made the achievement viable to get in the years to come, but I don't like how those of us who were trying to get it without this boost(I was 26/30 prior to this) are left in the cold. They have until next week to make this work, if it doesnt I'm probably gonna not gonna bother looking anymore. I'm sick of waiting for events that inevitably don't count for me.

EDIT: I am hopeful that next week will work since I didn't do the thanksgiving event last year. Got the game at the end of December. So fingers crossed I guess. If that doesnt work then screw it haha

Edited by lazyslothboy

I sat at 29/30 before everyone was bumped up. I was able to get my last ribbon on the 2nd iteration of boom snipes (nov 5th). I'm proud that I did this the old fashioned way and wasn't bumped. Does it suck that some people got that: yes. But it happens and we have to deal with it. Don't like it, don't play anymore or buy any more epic games. I love gears, its the whole reason I got an xbox 360 in the first place. I will continue to play gears games just because I think chainsawing something is fun! I mean cmon, who puts a chainsaw on a gun! Good luck everyone!

An achievement is an achievement. Once it unlocks, people are happy. If it does not unlock, people are unhappy. This whole non sense about earning is just that, non sense. Some people care about earning, others do not, it is a matter of perspective and what kind of beliefs you have.

I "earned" my 29/30. I do not have the achievement. I am unhappy.

If I had done the glitch back in the day, I would have "obtained" the achievement. I would be happy.

Happiness is all that matters. How people become happy though, is different. Some people are happy about earning, others are happy about unlocking. I would be happy if I just unlocked this. I feel no pride in earning this achievement. There are no cookies, money, fame, or women waiting for me, nor is there personal sense of accomplishment.

Stop talking about legit and not legit. It means nothing in the objective truth of the world. If you want to do something, do it for the sake of doing something, not for some deeper meaning.

I "earned" my 29/30. I do not have the achievement. I am unhappy.

If I had done the glitch back in the day, I would have "obtained" the achievement. I would be happy.

I agree with you but just to clarify, it was not a glitch on our part, it was a glitch on epics part that allowed those of us who purchased the horde command pack to get socialite. I got it while idling CTL, ended up with 37 of the damn medals. I did not do anything to make it happen, it happened because epic screwed up and made every game count as an event. I happened to look at the tv while i was cooking or something and noticed it said 27/30 in i think the second or third week the game came out. Shows how easily they could've fixed it for you guys if they cared.

You do know the last three different events have all been called Boomsnipes right? I suspect you played Boomsnipes 1, got increased to 29 then played Boomsnipes 2 which is why it counted for you.

This unlocked for me last night. Had 21 done before the updated which bumped me upto 29. Played Team Deathmatch and it unlocked after the first game, think it was another Judgement ribbon.

Glad to get this out of the way as i thought it was going to be one of those acheivements that would never unlock.

Today, 22 or 23 repeated events later, the achievement finally popped for me. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the fact that this didn't go into December like I feared :D

Big thanks to lifeexpectancy for helping out with keeping up the list :)

Edited by stuhp

ok just played boom snips and still at 29/30 aaahhhhggggg looks like i'll b waiting a bit longer:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Try TDM or another mode other than Boom Snipes. I had the Judgement ribbon for Bomb Snipes before the update to get me to 29 events. Tried another mode last Friday and it unlocked for me.

Just played a match of Beast. I just wanted to play Beast and poof, Socialite!! Now, just need to finish all the public stuff before my gold runs out (12/12/12).

77.58% complete

Thanks so much lifeexpectancy and everyone for the updates.

Edited by Fester
21/30 is my "unofficial" standing

I just want to reiterate to people upset that others are getting it, or that think they have to play boom snipes and/or are trying "other game modes". --------- Everything in my OP still stands despite the 29 event "bump". Pete still has to change the event to an event I.D. (there are 34 unique event I.D.s that are repeatable) that you haven't played. If it isn't unlocking for you, then that means you played the current event I.D. during cycle 1.

Yes this sucks. Yes, it means your friend who just bought Gears 3 and has never played will pop Socialite on day 1, while you may have to wait weeks or months to get it to pop.

No, playing a different playlist, or horde, or beast will not "fix" it. If you log on and play ONE versus match and it doesn't pop, just take the game out of the tray and hope that the next event rotation, if Pete bothers to do another one, will finally give you your last event.

There is too much misinformation being spread by people that are still failing to understand the event I.D. system.