Rookie & destroyer

webbface

i have read other posts before people complain i just would like to hear fresh answers. currently am sitting at 59 kills on the multiplayer leaderboard but rookie achievement has not unlocked. also i know a game has to finish in order to gain the kills but i won a race to 5 frags match and they wern't added to the total. How do you unlock these 2 achievements? I know you have to get 100 kills so i'm not stupid just want to know when the achievements unlock and is the multiplayer glitched sometimes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah they must be ranked matches i still need the 100 kills chievo let me know if u wanna boost the kills tried to get this legit for ages when it came out must have got a thousand kills but ppl just quit all the time and then you get no frags so i just gave up.

The Achievement lies. I didnt get rookie until i hit 79 kills on the leaderboards, and then didnt get destroyer until around 150ish. all i can say is: keep on fraggin.

^^^This. I'm sure I'd got more than 100 kills before the final chevo unlocked. Just keep playing until they do.

Hi if any1 in u.k wants to play doom deathmatch let me know i cant seem to find any matches and when i do it always disconnects me if there from anywere but the u.k. Am happy to play legit or boost to get the 100 kills chievo it just wont unlock for me just have to keep trying, if any1 can help me out they can boost off of me on this or doom 2 if needed i already have all chievo's on doom2.

The acheievment guide is rather incorrect for how to gets theses two achievements and there abit glitchly as well.

Me and another guy where having real problems trying to boost these last night till we worked out how.

First off do theses on a ranked match as you need your scores uploaded to the leaderboard at the end to get the achievements.

Secondly the match must end, via the time running out out or someone reaching the frag limit. If you disconnect at any point from the match the kills don't count and if you create an endless deathmatch (e.g. no flag and time limit) the kills won't count because it will never drop back to the leaderboard at the end of the match.

I suggest doing 4, 25 flag limit ranked matches to get the two achievements.

Final point the achievement doesn't unlock till after you have finished the match where you got the required numbers of kills.

Edited by S3M

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot me a message and friend request, I can help anyone get these 2 done in 15 minutes or less. Also, S3M, they don't have to be done on ranked matches, I've helped about 10 people now get them by just doing a private match, but yes the match MUST end.

Edited by Dimensive

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to do these if anyone else needs to. They're the only two I have left for Doom I. GamerTag is "AndOtherLechery", send me a FR, message, or both! I've got a mic.

I'm also in need of the frag achievements for Duke Nukem 3D, but it's fine if you don't need to as well.