Connected Career QB throwing picks

j9292

I am a 84 overall balanced QB playing for the Viking in week 16 of the first season. And I have thrown 45 touchdowns and 38 picks. What stat would stop me from throwing picks because never in my life have I thrown more this is outrageous really. So if anyone else is having this problem or know how to fix please let me know. (Please no answers like run the ball more, ETC)

Thank you

Edit: Playing on Pro diff as well if this has anything to do with it.

Edited by j9292

In terms of stats, short, medium, and deep accuracy are all you can change to my knowledge. It's really more about your decision making. Another suggestion might be to increase your speed as much as possible and see if rolling out will help you get more time to make a decision.

I had a similar problem because in a normal game, I throw the ball and then take control of the receiver, but obviously you can't do that in CC.

Keep in mind that it's better to take a sack than to throw to a well covered receiver. Also, short routes with sharp cuts can be either extremely dangerous or extremely useful, so keep in mind where the coverage is when throwing to those routes.

I am a 84 overall balanced QB playing for the Viking in week 16 of the first season. And I have thrown 45 touchdowns and 38 picks. What stat would stop me from throwing picks because never in my life have I thrown more this is outrageous really. So if anyone else is having this problem or know how to fix please let me know. (Please no answers like run the ball more, ETC)

Thank you

Edit: Playing on Pro diff as well if this has anything to do with it.

I am having the same problem. My QB is rated 96 although with a little help from an XP hack...LOL.In 11 games I have thrown 36 ints. I guess you could try turning down the interception slider under CPU skill. Me personally I wanted to leave them at default and try to work out this interception thing. I think the programmers might have over compensated on the interceptions but yet could be I pass to often. even in real life a QB who passes a lot doesnt get picked this often but then again Madden isnt real life...LOL

I am having the same problem. My QB is rated 96 although with a little help from an XP hack...LOL.In 11 games I have thrown 36 ints. I guess you could try turning down the interception slider under CPU skill. Me personally I wanted to leave them at default and try to work out this interception thing. I think the programmers might have over compensated on the interceptions but yet could be I pass to often. even in real life a QB who passes a lot doesnt get picked this often but then again Madden isnt real life...LOL

Oh i know i finished up my first season and threw for 52 touch downs and like 40+ INT which is crazy considering i play with 5 minutes quarters.

Someone asked about this yesterday and here was my opinion on the passing.

If you want to dominate the AI and even be competitive online then you have to know how to audible and most importantly use hot routes. Also, using the directional blocking during a running play can be helpful as well. Guys like Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers are so good because they can adjust at the line. This follows right into the game as the AI is going to follow the WR on the given route or cover them close during zone DEF almost always. Even using the right thumb stick to tweek the ball left and right, long and short is asking for trouble when the WR is on the route given by the play. If I am in a bind and need a solid 12 - 15 yards I can send everyone on a long bomb through hot routes then put the main WR on a Slant the crosses over the middle. I will even send the RB and motion him out. Guranteed money! Also, do not throw a ball to a WR that does not have their icon button color nice and bright. If it is not then they are not ready for the ball and you will likey overthrow them.

I do not use sliders in connected career and have not thrown a pick through an entire season. I usually throw one a game playing online going for long bombs.

Edited by big red marino

I beat the Joe Montana achievement last night. Here is the guide I posted on TA:

First, set up your created player:

- Pocket Passer

- High Draft Pick

- Kansas City Chiefs (this ensures you start immediately)

This also starts you off at an 84 or 85 rating.

Go default settings, DO NOT adjust anything (sliders, difficulty levels, nothing)

Start your season. I generally played 4 games a season. The other games, I would sim, and if I didn't like the results (a win and milestones achieved) I would just exit the career, go back and try again. One of the ways I would determine which games to play is look at the opponents DEF ranking - if it was horrible (say 25 or higher) that would be one I would be most likely to play.

Now, on my road to getting this achievement, I only used ONE PLAY - I just had many options out of that play.

After you click on the game to play it, you will see an option of "advanced" here you can choose your offensive and defensive formation. For Offense, I would always choose the ATL formation.

Here is the ONE PLAY that I ran:

Gun Offense

Spread Y Flex Formation

Y PA Deep Outs

This play is a 4 WR shotgun formation. The two outside receivers go about 15-18 yards and break towards sideline. The left slot receiver (my primary target always) takes a long post pattern. The right slot TE runs a short route, I generally just looked at him as a last resort.

Now, this is where it gets to be like a real-life QB. You have to go through your progressions. When you get to the line of scrimmage, take a look at your safeties. If they're both deep, chances are they will take away the deep pass to the left slot receiver. So, I would look to hit the receiver between the LBs and the safeties. When you snap the ball, if the safety on the left either goes towards the left WR OR starts creeping up, give your slot receiver a chance to make his cut and then hit him, and he's off to the races. Now, if none of that happens, look to the outside receiver on the opposite hashmark side. You should then be able to hit him as he is making his cut to the sideline. If by chance he is covered, then if you have time, look towards your TE cutting across the middle. If nothing open take the sack. Now, you need to run no huddle as much as possible (hitting Y repeatedly after getting tackled in field) . I found this helps on the next play (maybe def has trouble getting set). Now, anytime I was within 5 yard line, I would still run this play, but audible (hit "X") to the "Quick Pass." Then after the snap, go to the left WR ("X") cutting into the end zone. If by chance I got to 4th down (anywhere on the field, no matter the distance needed for 1st down) I would go for it. The D seemed lax on 4th down plays, I would say I succeeded 98% of the time. So, again, I ran this ONE PLAY only, and was very comfortable reading the Defense pre play and during the play. My games ended up with 750-900 yds passing with 9-11 TDs (high of 1,100 yds and 14 TD passes).

Obviously your goal is to win Superbowl, so if the week for you is successful, save after it, if not (meaning Sim didn't go well for that week), exit and restart and try again. Don't worry about playing the postseason games. Just sim (exit and restart if needed). For first 6 seasons, I averaged about 2000 legacy points a season.

Now, in terms of XP, there's no exact science to it. I saved up for 50,000 to get the Development Trait upgrade (which increases the XP you get for each milestone/record/etc.). Once I got that, I saved up to 50,000 again to get the 2nd level of it. After that, I generally worked on the short pass/medium pass/long pass accuracy.

For first 6 seasons, I won the Superbowl, MVP, Top Passer, Pro Bowl milestones (and others).

For 7-10 seasons, I went up to All-Madden. Also, I did not worry about winning Superbowl, however, I did make sure I still made playoffs at least. It really is not that different other than the defensive players ARE faster, they will sack the heck outta you, and intercept you in a heartbeat. However, at this point my ability to run that play mentioned above was highly proficient, as well as reading the D, so it wasn't that much of an adjustment. Still averaged about the same stats per game.

I just finished my 13th season (trying to get to 99 rating, currently at a 98). Here are my career stats at that point:

13 seasons

79,865 passing yards

854 TD passes

239 Ints

19,000 legacy points

Again, I'm not saying this is going to work for you. You may have a different play and formation that you feel comfortable with. This play I was extremely comfortable with.

My time estimate is about 20 hours for me to get this. Yeah, a sh*tpot full of time.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for the heads up but i changed my games to 5 minutes though will this affect EXP/legacy score?

Yeah, I can't confirm whether adjusting time will affect legacy score or not, I just didn't want to take any chances on adjusting anything. I can't imagine that "lowering" the quarter time would affect you in a negative way, though, ya know?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright, I have a little over 20,000 points saved up for my QB, would you prefer building up his speed which could take a while considering it will take just about all points I have saved. Or would you strictly work on throwing basics. Am asking because we all know how much easier and bad ass your QB is if in any trouble he can tuck the rock and break one for big yards. On the other hand would it be more successful to have a conservative pocket passer? Love to here some feed back from you Fellas!

• 3 weeks later...