Much difference between low and lowest rent levels?

mistermoravec

Will the civilians react any different if I set the rent and price levels to the lowest setting? I have tons of money and I won't need any more. Currently I am right before I go to aurora(sp). As far as I know I have already bought all of the properties currently available. I was originally setting everything to lowest and not collecting any rent. Then I started setting everything to low and I started hearing people compliment me about how nice I was. I then discovered I could buy houses from the map and started buying everything all at once and as quickly as I could, so I left everything as normal.

What is the recommended setting if I want to be super liked? Will it make that much of a difference if I leave it at normal, or would you recommend setting it to low or lowest?

thanks for the response. Will it actually effect any meaningful gameplay?

Also, if I set the rent to the lowest, and therefore not collect any rent anyways, will I really need to upkeep the properties? Is the only negative effect of not upkeeping the properties is that I cannot collect rent from them once they reach zero, or do the civilians start having issues?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the response. Will it actually effect any meaningful gameplay?

Also, if I set the rent to the lowest, and therefore not collect any rent anyways, will I really need to upkeep the properties? Is the only negative effect of not upkeeping the properties is that I cannot collect rent from them once they reach zero, or do the civilians start having issues?

what i did was i did not buy any houses for rent because of tht same problem all i did was buy all the shops around me and lowered the cost. that way you dont have to worry bout fixing the house so that your rent money can be sent to you.