Level Cap and more DLC still to come in 2013.

jack2059

New Characters and almost definitely more DLC after the first 4 have been strongly hinted.

Level Cap will be raised in DLC 4 or a seperate download, assurances that when it happens, its done in a way that will make you want to play the entire game again.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned?abthid=50d30c1124b5cae553000064

Randy Pitchford

"We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them.".

Edited by jack2059

I'll reserve my answer till after the final 2.

Captain Scarletts DLC was great imo, lots of fun. Torgue was awful.

Just seems silly that they couldnt nudge up the level cap, they must know most people are already 50, so have to play new DLC without the chance of levelling up. Seems like a mess up to me. They could of nudged it by 5 for Scarlett and 5 for Hammer. then done there big plan after.

Would help if they padded them with loads of skins and such as well.

Edited by jack2059

Just seems silly that they couldnt nudge up the level cap, they must know most people are already 50, so have to play new DLC without the chance of levelling up. Seems like a mess up to me. They could of nudged it by 5 for Scarlett and 5 for Hammer. then done there big plan after.

Would help if they padded them with loads of skins and such as well.

Randy Pitchford posted on twitter today that only 16.75% of 360 players have at least one level 50 character. I still wish they would raise it sooner rather than later though.

If they add the level cap increase as a separate piece of DLC, then they should release it for free. I have heard from many sources that there are people who still haven't been able to play much of Borderlands 2 because of all the bugs and freezes. I'm not saying they should go handing out expansions for free, but at least if the level cap isn't included in one of the next 2 expansions and is released outside of the Season Pass, then it should be free. Gearbox is really shooting themselves in the foot by outsourcing their dlc.

Randy Pitchford

"We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them."

As they said a while ago, it isnt just a level cap extension. They are doing an interesting new system for extension.

I would feel bad for the season pass buyers if they went ahead and raised the cap outside of the 4 pieces of content. That'd be the final kick in the nads I bet.

This is EXACTLY what will happen!

I bet my life Gearbox will NOT increase the level in the last Season Pass DLC!

Refer to my other thread, and you will see why

If Gearbox intends to have people keep playing Borderlands 2, they would be wise to increase the level cap by the last DLC. While Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt looks intersting (to me, at least), it still won't be as satisfying if we can't level up further with all that extra XP there. If tehy don't increase the level cap by teh last DLC, I'm not gonna be happy.

level cap within the first 3 months of next year and WILL NOT be part of the big game DLC. there is talk about season pass #2 though.

http://kotaku.com/5970137/borderlands-2-will-raise-its-level-cap-early-next-year

Meh. This is disappointing. I look forward to buying Season Pass 2 in the Holiday sale of 2013 when it's half off and all patched, maybe. Hopefully by then there is only one achievement for the second Season Pass called "Did the same boring missions over and over and over and over and over and over again for a year and all I got was this stupid achievement" and it's worth 500gs.

I guess I'll be the first to say that I honestly don't care about the level cap. The first game didn't raise the cap until 4 months after the game released. If you follow the same time frame, that means a level cap should drop sometime around mid January. If what they say about the cap is true, I get the feeling they're going to make it like the Badass ranks, and if they do that, then fuck it, I'll happily pay $10 to play Borderlands forever.

I'll reserve my judgement of the Season pass being good or bad since there's still 2 more DLC's dropping. I'm also getting 1 for free, so I can't complain much. If it isn't anything like Mad Moxxi's Underdome, I'm deeming it good.

Having a level up system where you complete challenges? That doesn't sound like such a bad idea. For the achievements, it seems like Gearbox doesn't have the same passion that the first Borderlands brought them. I think some greed has made it into there pockets now. For the DLC, they aren't easily impressible comparing to the first game DLC minus Moxxi's Underdome, which I feel is on par to the 2 DLC of Borderlands 2 so far. At least that DLC had some significance to some funny content in a side mission in this game.

level cap within the first 3 months of next year and WILL NOT be part of the big game DLC. there is talk about season pass #2 though.

http://kotaku.com/5970137/borderlands-2-will-raise-its-level-cap-early-next-year

I highly doubt there would be another season pass.

Randy Pitchford already said they are working on a big piece of dlc/expansion.

It wouldnt fit a pass cause i doubt there would be multiple quick released big ones.

It sounds like they will do a proper game changing expansion.

We can complain but we are getting plenty to keep the game alive. And it will keep getting better.

I am all four a second season. I feel like both DLC's so far have been great, and the next two will be great too. You want to make four more DLC's after that? Sign me right up.

That said, even if they raised it to level 55 with Hammerlock, it would have been way more appealing. I really, really, really want my work to start progressing my 50 Axton more. It just feels like everything has more purpose when you can still level up.

Wasn't there a level cap increase in Borderlands after the last dlc?

Yeah they did a patch and everyone got a level cap increase. If you had General Knoxx you got to go to 69.

They should have added a Playthrough 3 or something and had a max skill tree level cap from the get go. The way they are doing it is hardly an incentive to come back when you already know what skills are in store.