Sabertooth, Who's your daddy? (Surefire victory)

Waheed

Last night I was finishing up X-Men and Sabertooth was slapping me around a bit. I kept getting to the point where he would go into fury and stay there. I would also go into fury but I still got punished. Restarted the mission, still frustrated, I happened to press (Y) during my own fury state. Wolverine lunged at Sabertooth, doing no damage but stopped his attack animation instantly. He tossed me to the ground a and I was able to quick attack him 3 times and then (Y) again and repeat without taking any damage for the duration of my fury. Which brings us to the easy victory in this annoying battle:

And yes this if for Superhero difficulty.

Phase 1

---

Just pummel him with quick attacks and block his attacks when you see his animation starting up. (I had full block mutagen so I don't know if that will make a difference)

Use your fury right before he uses his let him hit you a few times to refill and just keep slicing and blocking (I would block when I was in fury). If done right you can get through enough of his life to make him go into his second fury while you are still in your fury and if you let him hit you a few times you'll have full fury again. Fury fury fury.

Phase 2

---

Same deal as Phase 1 but when Sabertooth goes into his final fury (I think he does it three times) heres what you do...

Quick attack (X) three times, or less

Quickly press (Y)

When you land on the ground do three quick attacks (X) again

Rinse and repeat

If you are running really low on your fury gauge let him smack you around a bit to refill it but if you have a full fury gauge at the start of his final fury you should have enough to get through the fight.

GL! HF! DD! Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

everytime i go in for the 3X button combo he just immediately throw punches me.

got it. is this like a glitch trick. when i jump on him it cancels his throw punch

i can finally throw this game away

Edited by TimespliTT

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...