release date ?

samjustsam

so will the arcade game be released close to the release of modern warfare 2? or will it be a few weeks after? (giving the ppl who got the sp edition of Modern Warfare 2 the game before it hits arcade)

im personally probly not gonna get modern warfare 2 till next year. (when the price drops) so i was wondering if anyone knows a release date for the call of duty arcade game by itself?

i have also heard that the call of duty arcade game wont come with achievements. is this true? please help me out if you got any answers cuse im confused.

cant wait for the arcade game. would love to play the original CoD game. so if someone knows a release date for it then please let me know. thanx.

i saw the chievo list for it. it didnt mention any multiplayer chievos. wonder if it will have multiplayer? o well...if it dont i will probly get it anyways just to be able to play the original on my xbox.

Even though, there are no online multiplayer achievements doesn't mean anything, Call of Duty 4 didn't have online achievements and it had multiplayer, it all just depends on who makes the game and whether or not they like multiplayer achievements really. I'm almost 100% sure it'll have online multiplayer, I'll be shocked if it doesn't. I mean we're talking about one of the first Call of Dutys. If it wasn't for that, there would be no Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, there would be no Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Classic made the Call of Duty franchise what it is today.

Wow, seriously Mikeeee when are people like you going to stop bitching about the veteran achievements in the games, its a trademark thing for activision to include veteran achievements, its the same thing for all companies expert mode on guitar hero for example. There not even hard so tbh just get skill before you complain. But yeh on topic its definately going to be above the 1000msp mark, and I wouldnt be surprised if they jump on rockstars bandwagon and charge 1600 for it.

so will the arcade game be released close to the release of modern warfare 2? or will it be a few weeks after? (giving the ppl who got the sp edition of Modern Warfare 2 the game before it hits arcade)

im personally probly not gonna get modern warfare 2 till next year. (when the price drops) so i was wondering if anyone knows a release date for the call of duty arcade game by itself?

i have also heard that the call of duty arcade game wont come with achievements. is this true? please help me out if you got any answers cuse im confused.

cant wait for the arcade game. would love to play the original CoD game. so if someone knows a release date for it then please let me know. thanx.

just out of interest. when u say the price drops. when will this be cos as far as im aware it wont lol. im not even sure cod 4 has yet but im possitive it was still at least £38 after 12 months which was a drop of £2 lol. i only know that because iv bought the game about 5 times for myself and friends etc and the price was always the same. so do urself a favour and get it when it drops or i think u will regret it.

The game is a part of the Hardened and Prestige Editions of Modern Warfare 2, and then it will be available on XBL sometime later.
u my friend are a dumbass. For it to be available to download in those edittions it has to be available on the XBLM. this is just the way everything has been with everything released alongside a game.Always lol Unless they withold it from everybody till a set date. even the ppl with the codes

i actually dont like the veteran achievements in the CoD games. veteran is frustrating for me. yes i could get those achievements for veteran but it would takes hours and hours of me getting killed over and over to get em and that gets boring very fast.

My thoughts exactly. I'll buy it, but I doubt I'll be going for the vet achievement! ;)

@#13 well what i mean when i say "when the price drops" is basically when it goes on sale or when it actually hits platinum hits status. i know that there are alot of games that should be 30 dollars because they have hit platinum hit status like modern warfare and halo 3 and gears 2 but if ppl keep buying them at 60 bucks then they will keep selling them at 60 till sales go down and then they will go platinum. i guess what i really mean is when they go on sale. target or best buy might have a 20 dollar price drop or price cut on the game or it might go on sale for a certain week. thats why i look at the ads that come in my sunday morning paper.:)

also #13 please no name calling on here. i started this thread and would really appreciate it if ppl would refrain from resorting to that type of behavior. you may be right and he may be wrong but thats no reason to name call.

srry for the double post but i remembered when i got modern warfare i got the game of the year edition and got it on sale for $40. i not only saved $20 dollars but i got a code to get the variety map pack for free. so im hoping something similar will happen when i eventually get modern warfare 2.:)

just so you know, its possible that the game will be available as an exclusive download for people who baught the more expensive versions of COD and not have it availible for the general public to purchase with MS points until a few weeks later to make he hardened and veteran packages more desirable. That also means there will be a time frame where people who don't care about their codes will be hawking them on ebay for an inflated price, much like the flashback map pack for GOW2 and the golden guns, which came free with the purchase and reservations of the game.

So yeah it will be on Xbox live, but it just won't be made available to everyone right away. They know that there is a market for this stuff, otherwise they wouldn't have made so many retro games available for us to buy... ALL OVER AGAIN.

I still have my PS1 version. It was a blast to finally dust it off and give me a reason to not buy the more expensive collectors editions.

I'm hoping that it is released close to the time of MW2. I know that this sounds crazy, but I actually want to replay it again and earn achievements on it. I'm excited about Veteran too (not really) on both games. I re-played the entire game yesterday in like four hours or so, so it's very short. To us who have played it before, we know what to expect and how to beat parts. I plan on going through on Veteran on PC sometime between now and MW2 coming out, so I can have the edge on it and know the best strats. I may make a thread to give pointers for each level eventually, once it's out and I can safely compare.

@#13 well what i mean when i say "when the price drops" is basically when it goes on sale or when it actually hits platinum hits status. i know that there are alot of games that should be 30 dollars because they have hit platinum hit status like modern warfare and halo 3 and gears 2 but if ppl keep buying them at 60 bucks then they will keep selling them at 60 till sales go down and then they will go platinum. i guess what i really mean is when they go on sale. target or best buy might have a 20 dollar price drop or price cut on the game or it might go on sale for a certain week. thats why i look at the ads that come in my sunday morning paper.:)

also #13 please no name calling on here. i started this thread and would really appreciate it if ppl would refrain from resorting to that type of behavior. you may be right and he may be wrong but thats no reason to name call.

If you want to wait a month after release, you can find any game cheaper on eBay or Amazon. The longer you wait, the cheaper they get...even the brand new copies come down in price pretty quickly these days...

• 2 weeks later...