Ultimate Battler Achievement

Wait until you try the method and trust me you wont look back , because if you avoid those 6 characters guaranteed you will do this first time.

Also 6/24 to avoid aint too bad :-)

After I posted this on the ps3 site someone completed it on the 2nd attempt. You will not get easier than this... guaranteed... Check the video above to see how easy it is.

Doomsday method looks ideal! what combo were you following up with after the air hit? and was it a medium of light jump attack?

The Hawkgirl method looks risky to be honest, lol. Nightwing and Bane nearly kicked your ass!!

Regardless, at least we have two good methods for now. Although I don't think they would work that well for the Impossible! Battle :(

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tactics for the DoomsDay Method are the following combos :

Xbox-360

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with X,X,Y or

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with X,X,236Y or

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with A,A - Dash forward and Repeat.

PS3

Jump toward opponent D,3 - followed up with 1,1,2 or

Jump toward opponent D,3 - followed up with 1,1,DF2 or

Jump toward opponent D,3 - followed up with 3,3 - Dash forward and Repeat.

If you need to close space use 214,Y,RT (xbox) or db,2,R2 (ps3)

For Doomsday try to Avoid the following :

Superman

Lex Luthor

Green Lantern

The Flash

The tactics for the DoomsDay Method are the following combos :

Xbox-360

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with X,X,Y or

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with X,X,236Y or

Jump toward opponent D,A - followed up with A,A - Dash forward and Repeat.

For Doomsday try to Avoid the following :

Superman

Lex Luthor

Green Lantern

The Flash

Thanks for the breakdown! :) Hopefully I can manage some skill with this combo.

Just got the full 1000. A lot of these are really just match-up dependent, but very possible. Just avoid guys like Green Lantern and Ares while going through Max with the character and method of your choice and you can succeed. Know the timing and invincibility frames of wakeup attacks, so you know when to use them offensively and avoid them defensively.

I actually tried Classic Battle on Very Hard with Harley Quinn and wasn't having much trouble. Wasn't doing anything special either, just playing. If The Max is the same Very Hard difficulty and not some super secret THE MAX difficulty I feel like this is attainable. The AI still has MK9-esque habits. Grundy will spam his Walking Corpse grab at a certain range, Lex will Corps Charge, etc. I think it's just a matter of figuring out what the CPU tends to do.

I actually tried Classic Battle on Very Hard with Harley Quinn and wasn't having much trouble. Wasn't doing anything special either, just playing. If The Max is the same Very Hard difficulty and not some super secret THE MAX difficulty I feel like this is attainable. The AI still has MK9-esque habits. Grundy will spam his Walking Corpse grab at a certain range, Lex will Corps Charge, etc. I think it's just a matter of figuring out what the CPU tends to do.

Well of course, you need to understand how the CPU reacts to certain attacks and combos but the fact that they can dish out 25%+ combos every time they touch you is painful. And while I need to take a good 2 day break from the Battles because The Max is so infuriating...I tried Impossible! 5 times and fucked up royally every time :mad:

Here is a video of a full playthrough with HawkGirl :

HawkGirl is still the easiest as long as you use tips to beat projectile opponents.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2KzlRlzNA]Injustice Battle Mode The Max Complete - YouTube[/ame]

Here is what to do :

Firstly HUGE THANKS to PRSNightfire and Dark Rocky X who gave me this to try and it works very well and is the easiest method so far.

Firstly make sure when you select "The Max" that you avoid the following characters :

Aquaman

Raven

Green Lantern

Lex Luthor

Deathstroke

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )

Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

If you are fighting against a projectile fighter ( Green Arrow , Ares , Sinestro etc ) you will want to get close before doing the move. Either jump over the projectiles to get close or block and dash forward. Once you land the B,F,Y move once then immediately dash to be close to them and do the move again.

If you are cornered or taking a lot of damage be sure to use your Super Move.

This does require a bit of luck , but keep at it and I guarantee you will get it done.

If you do get Deathstroke and want to give it a try use the following strategy by Dark Rocky X :

"knock him down with the dive move if you can, if you do hit him, step back a bit, jump at him and press Y to hit him and after the Jumping Y attack, you can follow up on 2 things: either hit him with a dive or do the X Y A dive move combo! Most of the time he will wakeup with a machine gun(MB) or regular guns move. Just rinse and repeat! And if you got a super move, just get it to connect on him or just wait for him to attack and then go into the super move before his attack connects! You will go right through it!"

Thanks again to my friend Dark Rocky X and PRSNightfire for this Awesome solution.

Here is a video of a full playthrough with HawkGirl :

HawkGirl is still the easiest as long as you use tips to beat projectile opponents.

Firstly HUGE THANKS to PRSNightfire and Dark Rocky X who gave me this to try and it works very well and is the easiest method so far.

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using : B,F,Y --( Back , Forward Y )

Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

Thanks again to my friend Dark Rocky X and PRSNightfire for this Awesome solution.

While I've given up on this game for at least the next 3 years, I really appreciate all the help you and everyone have given! However, I tried Hawkgirl last night on The Max and it's just so damn hard. The CPU always destroys me with a wake up combo or gets me caught in the corner. I was battling The Flash in the second fight and he managed to ragdoll me with a 21 hit, 35%+ combo. It's so frustrating! I'll try again in like 2016 when my nerves have calmed down.

Also, Hawkgirl was helpful for Impossible! but by the 10th fight, I've already dipped into my second life bar. ARGH!!!

You should add Sinestro to that list of people not to fuck with for The Max. He beats my shit hard.

Don't know why Lex Luthor is on the list though, I had barely a problem with him.

Raven is definitely an issue though. However, I do believe Sinestro is far worse than Deathstroke and Lex Luthor.

Edited by Amazon XD

You should add Sinestro to that list of people not to fuck with for The Max. He beats my shit hard.

Don't know why Lex Luthor is on the list though, I had barely a problem with him.

Raven is definitely an issue though. However, I do believe Sinestro is far worse than Deathstroke and Lex Luthor.

Lex gives me tons of problems personally, but Sinestro doesn't.

CPU Lex just perfectly uses his trait and Corps Charge to keep me from pressing any button safely. The only success I've had against him is keepaway characters.

I've had no problem with Lex as Hawkgirl. Just some dodging, that's all.

Also, a quick tip for getting rid of the harder characters (from the random select)...

Start up The Max and pick the character you hate the most (Green Latern, Raven, Deathstroke, whoever). Quit to battles. The game bases the random select off the last played character and will not have you do mirror matches. Just a way I used to make Green Latern not appear.

Keep in mind, the game will only filter out the last character played. So you can only remove one character from the selected roster.

(I started to wonder why I never saw Hawkgirl in the mix)

Everytime I watch the movie the Perfect Storm with Marky Mark and Clooney

(Spoiler !!!!!!!!!)

I am always glued to the TV. I don't know why but it's like I know the boat is going to sink and there all going to die, but for some strange reason I feel like every time I watch it I think there going to make it... :confused:

That's how I feel going for this achievement at first but now.. I am letting that puppy ride !

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO RAGE.

I had the most perfect line up.

It was like...

1.) Superman

2.) Green Arrow

3.) Nightwing

4.) Joker

5.) The Flash

6.) Lex Luthor (only hard one)

7.) Doomsday

8.) Solomon Grundy

9.) Ares

I got all the way to Ares, and just started choking. I've never had a problem with Ares, EVER. I whip his ass everytime.

But I just choked. It sucked. I've been sitting here for like 12 hours.

Just wanted to update. I did finally beat The Max using the Hawkgirl method. Took me countless amounts of tries throughout the entire day. Was playing on and off from 8am until around 10:30 pm. It mainly takes a while to learn which characters you'll need to jump in on, certain distances you need to keep from some characters, etc etc. Just basically getting a feel for it.

I'm going to attempt Impossible now.

Finally completed The Max last night! :woop: And it is a joyride compared to Impossible! Even with the Doomsday method (which is a great find, props for that btw) I could only make it to the 16th opponent and I barely had any health left... So yeah, I was dispatched quite fast by Mr. Grundy :( Gonna keep testing out different characters though, I really wanna get it done!

Edited by Castillo82

So have the people who did The Max done it with the Hawkgirl method?

Yep I just beat The Max using Hawkgirl, now for Impossible...urg

Sinestro, Cyborg, Killer Frost, Ares, Batman (maybe others?) that have fast projectiles will be a problem for Hawkgirl, but they will only spam them if you are faraway so keep dashing and repeat BF2 as Hawkgirl and you'll be set. Oh and avoid Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Raven, Deathstroke and possible Aquaman

Edited by eurytomid