Alan Wake Color Coded Collectibles Guide

Tyger7

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing though, for the manuscript where you locate at the top near the radio tower, 38 i think. You say to go right, when it's actually left. I found my way going back to the start of that checkpoint. :S

Manuscript (38/106): Upon arriving at a generator to create the Safe Haven, face the light. Now turn to your right, and run up that path. Once you’ve hit the wall, keep it to your right as you continue and you’ll eventually start winding up the cliff. Go all the way up and it’s by the radio tower at the top.

This is the manuscript in question. When I say face the light (the Safe Haven one) I am talking about facing it with the pole behind the light. Are you facing from opposite direction?

Did you mean when you get to the wall you go left instead of right? I remember along the path very much going to my right on the wall though. Might be wrong.

Still can't believe this isn't stickied - what more needs to be done? No seriously, what?

If it's all about "first come first serve" then why do so many template roadmaps get deleted straight away? Because they are unfinished I hear you say? Well, so is the stickied collectibles guide at the minute - it doesn't have the nightmare manuscripts, doesn't even have proper pictured achievement icons, and I don't even think it's in proper order.

If it is really about quality then that other guide should be replaced with this one (ego's set aside).

Recently much the same happened for MW2. The member (Tural I think) spent ages hunting down all the intel ready for us on release day - one of the first people in the internet. Very well documented and in order, the thread was probably the highest viewed at that point. He even went through it again recording video clips of their location which were uploaded later on. Then a month or two afterwards a mod created an intel guide and decided his was better; self linking it from the stickied encyclopedia thread.

I appreciate your time spent on these which I can only imagine a lot of time was invested, and I did use both your guides for Alan Wake (Tyger's collectibles and Webb's roadmap). However there is a serious lack of respect when it comes to ordinary users attempting these write ups. It's a community, doesn't have to be all this fuss.... anyway, that's all from me.

Manuscript (38/106): Upon arriving at a generator to create the Safe Haven, face the light. Now turn to your right, and run up that path. Once you’ve hit the wall, keep it to your right as you continue and you’ll eventually start winding up the cliff. Go all the way up and it’s by the radio tower at the top.

This is the manuscript in question. When I say face the light (the Safe Haven one) I am talking about facing it with the pole behind the light. Are you facing from opposite direction?

Did you mean when you get to the wall you go left instead of right? I remember along the path very much going to my right on the wall though. Might be wrong.

Simply put i think its easier if you follow the original path after the safe heaven and turn right where the road forks, then continue up along the hill road... ;) it gets less confusing.

P.S. you where supposed to turn left not right, when you face the wall otherwise it will just bring you back where you started.

if i miss a collectable. and retry the episode. will i have to get all of them again or just the ones i missed?

cause i missed some in chapter 2 right at the end and couldnt backtrack to them.

also does it matter if i complete it then go back and get them?

Simply put i think its easier if you follow the original path after the safe heaven and turn right where the road forks, then continue up along the hill road... ;) it gets less confusing.

P.S. you where supposed to turn left not right, when you face the wall otherwise it will just bring you back where you started.

I actually did have the corret directons but anyone could have easily read them wrong. I had said "Keep it to your right" as in the wall. Having something on your right side means you were going left. I edited saying giving the hint on what I meant exactly.

Sorry about the confusion on that!

Ah. See, I was facing the light directly, from in front of it. ^^''

Ah. See, I was facing the light directly, from in front of it. ^^''

Figured out it was just a hard description to read. I was saying to keep the wall on your right side when you go to it. So you would turn left (wall is now on your right arm).

Just a poor way to describe it I guess :) Updated more info into that one.

Great guide! Seems Manuscript number 44 is missing? Any idea's where this is? Or is it just me?

edit: Also, it might just be me but it seemed like Manuscripts 17 and 18 where around the wrong way. I was missing the one in the Gazebo, but according to your named numbers I was missing the one in the trunk of the car which I had.

edit v2: Sorry, after my ingenious plan to use internet explorers 'find' bar, I found you do have manuscript 44, it's just not highlighted in blue. My bad :p.

Keep up these great guides, I used your Splinter Cell one as well. :bow::goodpost

Edited by Langeboy

Great guide! Seems Manuscript number 44 is missing? Any idea's where this is? Or is it just me?

edit: Also, it might just be me but it seemed like Manuscripts 17 and 18 where around the wrong way. I was missing the one in the Gazebo, but according to your named numbers I was missing the one in the trunk of the car which I had.

edit v2: Sorry, after my ingenious plan to use internet explorers 'find' bar, I found you do have manuscript 44, it's just not highlighted in blue. My bad :p.

Keep up these great guides, I used your Splinter Cell one as well. :bow::goodpost

17 and 18 should switch then? 17=18 18=17

Thanks for pointing out the manuscript, colored it now!

Maybe a future challenge could be a map with all the collectibles? Or maybe pictures of them. It's good as is though.

Well there isn't a map for the game :) I would have done pictures and had them set up so you click on the collectible and it shows you a pic, but I have yet to get my capture device. It is supposed to release sometime in June : / hopefully early!

Well there isn't a map for the game :) I would have done pictures and had them set up so you click on the collectible and it shows you a pic, but I have yet to get my capture device. It is supposed to release sometime in June : / hopefully early!

Hence why I said challenge. You could make your own maps. :p

Hence why I said challenge. You could make your own maps. :p

Sometime that might be better than streaming is just downloading videos. When I get my capture device, maybe make a whole file of videos in a zip or something. Thay way instead of waiting for buffer from youtube, having a terrible time rewinding/pausing, you'll be able to do it on your own PC.

Manuscript 44 is in the red building to the left of the road, not the right. ;)

Manuscript (44/106): Drive from the tower, and you’ll see a red barn type building to your right. Go all the way up the old wooden stairs and you’ll...

So as you travel along the road from the tower, it's to the left, not the right?

Manuscript (44/106): Drive from the tower, and you’ll see a red barn type building to your right. Go all the way up the old wooden stairs and you’ll...

So as you travel along the road from the tower, it's to the left, not the right?

Yes, as you head down the road from the tower, the red barn-like building is actually on the left side. :)